Most Surprising thing about Bo

AUght2win

Much of what I’m reading, mirrors society as a whole right now (I guess that’s predictable). If a person who is 100% in favor of the time-tested child MMR vaccines, but is hesitant for an experimental COVID mRNA vaccine, and expresses this normal and rational hesitancy say, for younger people, he is deemed anti-vax and a caveman. Sometimes deemed a murderer.  For having an opinion shared by many seasoned medical professionals.    If a person says “hey I’m all for improving race relations but this critical race theory stuff sounds a bit suspect, a white seven year old in 2021 should not be blamed for the sins of white people in 1850 just because he shares the same skin color”….that person is a vile racist who is a white supremacist. Some go as far as to suggest jail time for folks that don’t buy into manmade climate change.  Seriously. 
Saying we should start the BEST quarterback does not mean that people hate Bo, wish him harm, or do not appreciate his effort.  We can’t choose the starting QB based on the amount of love that person has for AU.  We need to WIN THE MOST FOOTBALL GAMES, both short term and long term, not worry about hurting someone’s feelings.  And it’s NOT foolish to consider, if both TJ and Bo end up being mediocre, to throw DD into the fire.  May lose a couple games early, with the potential to win far more games long term.   That’s a better debate, IMO.  Can Bo or TJ lead us to success over the next couple of years?  That’s a good point to debate.  If the answer is “probably not”, let’s get the electric and potentially stellar kid the ball now.  (Read a post similar to this earlier and cannot find it.  Must give credit to original poster that said 5-7 with DD versus 7-6 with Bo/TJ is better if DD gets the experience to get us to 10 wins faster).  Rather lose 38-14 with DD gaining baptism by fire than lose 38-24 with Bo/TJ.  I don’t see us winning enough with TJ or Bo.  Maybe give the new kid a chance.  Who knows.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I disagree. He is accurate when he sets his feet and steps into a throw. But he rarely does so.

So is he fundamentally inaccurate and there is the occasional fluke where he sets his feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Much of what I’m reading, mirrors society as a whole right now (I guess that’s predictable). If a person who is 100% in favor of the time-tested child MMR vaccines, but is hesitant for an experimental COVID mRNA vaccine, and expresses this normal and rational hesitancy say, for younger people, he is deemed anti-vax and a caveman. Sometimes deemed a murderer.  For having an opinion shared by many seasoned medical professionals.    If a person says “hey I’m all for improving race relations but this critical race theory stuff sounds a bit suspect, a white seven year old in 2021 should not be blamed for the sins of white people in 1850 just because he shares the same skin color”….that person is a vile racist who is a white supremacist. Some go as far as to suggest jail time for folks that don’t buy into manmade climate change.  Seriously. 
Saying we should start the BEST quarterback does not mean that people hate Bo, wish him harm, or do not appreciate his effort.  We can’t choose the starting QB based on the amount of love that person has for AU.  We need to WIN THE MOST FOOTBALL GAMES, both short term and long term, not worry about hurting someone’s feelings.  And it’s NOT foolish to consider, if both TJ and Bo end up being mediocre, to throw DD into the fire.  May lose a couple games early, with the potential to win far more games long term.   That’s a better debate, IMO.  Can Bo or TJ lead us to success over the next couple of years?  That’s a good point to debate.  If the answer is “probably not”, let’s get the electric and potentially stellar kid the ball now.  (Read a post similar to this earlier and cannot find it.  Must give credit to original poster that said 5-7 with DD versus 7-6 with Bo/TJ is better if DD gets the experience to get us to 10 wins faster).  Rather lose 38-14 with DD gaining baptism by fire than lose 38-24 with Bo/TJ.  I don’t see us winning enough with TJ or Bo.  Maybe give the new kid a chance.  Who knows.  

You are obviously an anti-vax Memaw hating caveman extremist, murdering racist, jail-bound climate denier who hates Bo and all people that love Auburn and TJ.

Good post by the way...especially the society part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Didn't really need that entire first paragraph. Just seemed like you wanted to take some jabs at people.

• Thanks 3
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

People should get behind him like they did when pretending Bo was the guy then

I’ve yet to see one person say Finley sucks. (Wish I could same the same about the other guy)
At this point most are just wondering what we have. Or maybe we are all just “pretending “.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I’ve yet to see one person say Finley sucks. (Wish I could same the same about the other guy)
At this point most are just wondering what we have. Or maybe we are all just “pretending “.

Who said anything about Bo sucking and I have seen people say worse about Finley on account of his game against us last year. 

So I don't know what you are saying but you quoted my post and as far as my post I'm saying people convinced themselves that Bo was awesome and then after not playing great people convinced themselves to still say he's awesome so they can come up with something after watching tj win that game to say something positive. Period 

22 hours ago, Auburninbham said:

I challenge the Auburn fans clamoring for TJ to be the qb1 do the following:  

Go watch the 2020 LSU Auburn game.  Watch Bo nix.  Watch TJ Findley.  

Then let me know how sure you are that TJ is going to be the starter going forward for long....

We looking for the difference between Bo then and now or TJ then and now? 

Fun facts about Bo Nix

His dad as a starter at Auburn and led one of the greatest comebacks in Iron Bowl history coming in for the injured starter.  This has been compared to the end of the Oregon game Bo’s first game but the 94 Florida game may be a better analogy.

Another fun fact was Bo was at the 2011 BCSNCG and had a picture with Cam.  

I don’t know if you’d call any of that surprising though.

The most surprising thing about Bo to me, is that he got benched.  He was not getting the job done.  With the game on the line, TJ was given the reigns.  He delivered, and he kept more than one play alive, that would have probably been a sack with Bo.

I fully expected Bo to head back out in charge of the final drive.  I thought TJ, the backup, would never be given the nod for that drive.  I was happy to see the coaches commit to TJ, even if it ended up costing the game.

When you bring the backup in to finish up mop-up duty, that is one thing.  When the backup gets the job done, with the game on the line, that is quite another.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

When you bring the backup in to finish up mop-up duty, that is one thing.  When the backup gets the job done, with the game on the line, that is quite another

Tua coming in for Hurts to win the Natty comes to mind. I hope TJ makes the most of his opportunity in Red Stick this week. 

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Tua coming in for Hurts to win the Natty comes to mind. I hope TJ makes the most of his opportunity in Red Stick this week. 

Yeah. I’m not mistaking Bo for Hurts. Or TJ for Tua…

14 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Yeah. I’m not mistaking Bo for Hurts. Or TJ for Tua…

That’s good because I wasn’t making a talent comparison. Just a statement about how great leaders aren’t afraid to make a change to better their team. 

• Like 1