Boise Magic + Jordan-Hare allure = Puppy tears?

DAG

Let's be real here. UGA has way more talent than us on both sides of the ball. They have maulers on their lines. Their running backs run with nothing but straight anger. They have pretty big sized, possession WRs. They have the best defense in the SEC and pundits have labeled this defense as an all time great. This makes up for a great upset of all time. An upset so big, it will put CBH  in Auburn galore in his fifth game as HC.

Keys:

Just have fun boys. Nobody is expecting you to win so you might as well play loose, but smart.

Please stop with the silly penalties. There is no reason an offensive lineman should be running down field knocking guy off the pile way after the play. There is no reason to be hitting someone 10 yards out of bounds. There is no reason our kR should be slowly walking out of the end zone than kneeling at the last minute. Show some football IQ before you give our HC an Aortic Dissection.

Bo will have to be elusive and probably our main runner. It is nearly impossible to scheme for the run when the box is stacked. Trust me, this coaching staff wants to be balance as possible but we lack the dogs for it. Therefore, I argue we use shivers and hunter a lot more because they catch out of the backfield much better than tank. I love what tank brings and he is a load to stop, but the one flaw I find in his game is he really is not great catching out of the backfield.

Defense, defense, defense. Bend don't break will be super important next week. UGA tends to choke when you keep them low scored and they feel like they have to make something out of nothing. Please play discipline ball. Also, we need multiple turnovers, preferably with them being scores.

ST - Carlson is going to have to be damn near perfect. No blocks and no misses

WRs - This is a man's game. You will get draped and you will get held. UGA is very aggressive in the secondary and the refs will give them the benefit of the doubt. You are going to have to make contested plays and catch wide open passes!

OL - GOD SPEED

DL- Play smart and make tackles. Their QB is a lot more elusive than LSUs and he will take off

Last: We need that JH allure and Boise magic. UGA will have to make mistakes in their own right for us to even be in this game. Fans need to be loud and this environment needs to be absolutely uncomfortable

WDE!

• Like 9

UGA looks scary good to me. Their defense is unbelievable. IMO, we would need a lot of help to win this game. I am thinking Tank has a nagging injury. When he did run last night, he didn’t look himself same as last week.. and I think he is an old school play through the pain guy.. Hunter deserves more carries.. and I am happy to see Shivers being utilized in the passing game. I still do not like our offensive play calling. If the coaches are gonna ride with Bo we have to run the RPO game… the one positive I see going against UGA is that our defense can stop the run and that’s what UGA likes to do.. will definitely need some magic to pull this one out. 

Agreed. Also can't afford a slow start. We can pull it off, but it will take a near flawless effort on both sides of the ball, something we have yet to see.

This game is where Bobo can earn his keep. He needs to make the right calls for the opposing personnel. Can't run into a stacked box at all. Need to find ways to keep UGA on their heels all game.

It looks like Mason and the D may have started to figure it out last night. Need that type of performance out of the gate against UGA.

• Like 1

This one is probably going to get really ugly. UGA is just playing different this year. We need JHS to rock like it’s never rocket before. And we need our offensive and defensive lines to find some of that stuff they gave Captain America. That’s how we win this one. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

GA sucks and they are overrated .

they have played nobody 

wait I’m lying 

they look frightening, but are highly capable of a melt down . Here’s to GA beating GA next Saturday 

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I want to  know the idiot that called for an onside kick coming out of the half...

I've seen a lot of complaint about that, but if it had worked, everyone would call him a genius. I don't have a problem with it, because LSU was clearly caught flat footed, and we came close to getting that ball back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I've seen a lot of complaint about that, but if it had worked, everyone would call him a genius. I don't have a problem with it, because LSU was clearly caught flat footed, and we came close to getting that ball back.

I would have called him lucky.  Lucky to have made a stupid call and come out of it.

• Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I would have called him lucky.  Lucky to have made a stupid call and come out of it.

But why would you call it stupid? As I said, it caught them flat-footed. Had it been successful, then we would have successfully taken advantage of an opponent's neglect. 

From another perspective, it's telling the defense that you trust them to pick up the slack if it doesn't work...something they did a pretty good job of.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

But why would you call it stupid? As I said, it caught them flat-footed. Had it been successful, then we would have successfully taken advantage of an opponent's neglect. 

From another perspective, it's telling the defense that you trust them to pick up the slack if it doesn't work...something they did a pretty good job of.

Because you call plays like that when a team is playing with house money.  We were in the game and the percentage chance of recovering an onside kick is very low.  Therefore, you gift the other team points by making that call more likely than not.  The last time I saw a call like that was in 2009 when we played bama.  Nobody thought we had a chance against bama and it made sense in that situation.  This was not that situation.

This is why we play the game on the field. One thing I love about Auburn, not just this season but since I can remember, we show up to fight.  Last night I witnessed a change in this team. It started mid 2nd quarter after the TJ series. That was when it seemed the team came together and started to believe.... I can't put my finger on it and maybe I am overthinking this but it seems like Coach won this team over as a whole. That aha moment when you finally get it. I think I am going to give this Boise guy a try and hop on board for the ride. It's going to be choppy at first but it's already starting to smooth out. War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Man move on. Your Schtick is getting so old. We won. The family is happy. Get over it. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

UGA's D is a monster and their offense appears to have enough of a mix that allows them to score regularly. In some ways, AU will be going up against a professional-level team. Quarterbacks, at times, are still questionable but they have so much talent they often can overcome their weaknesses and look good doing it. 

I have been surprised by Auburn/Georgia games in the past but this is a different GA. I hope for a win but would be impressed if we can make them sweat. They get after quarterbacks and this spells trouble. I usually reserve this comment before UA games but it might be justified for UGA, we will have to play our best ball, by far, to win. 

To prep for this game should be interesting. 

Smart can be a linear coach but again, I think he has enough talent to overcome coaching weakness and win. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I want to  know the idiot that called for an onside kick coming out of the half...

Great timed call, IMO. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

I thought the play was there to be had but the outside man was just slightly late. Could have been a huge early momentum push in second half. I still remember how the same call broke USCe’s back under Tubs

• Like 2

Not trying to pump too much sunshine here but UGA barely beat Climpson 10-3.  Climpson has shown they are mediocre at best. Arky looked awful on the road in Athens but they seemed quite overrated in the top 10. Texas and AandM both seem kind of weak adding to Arkys lore. UGA blew out all the teams they should blow out. 

I really think we have a chance here. Play with discipline and be stingy with points and I’m not ready to concede anything.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Not trying to pump too much sunshine here but UGA barely beat Climpson 10-3.  Climpson has shown they are mediocre at best. Arky looked awful on the road in Athens but they seemed quite overrated in the top 10. Texas and AandM both seem kind of weak adding to Arkys lore. UGA blew out all the teams they should blow out. 

I really think we have a chance here. Play with discipline and be stingy with points and I’m not ready to concede anything.

I like your thinking. I think a lot will be told 1st quarter. In many of their games, UGA has come out with a ridiculous amount of 1st quarter points, which allows them to sit on the ball the rest of the game. In some of our games, we are still adjusting in the 1st quarter. As a positive, I am unsure if UGA has been made to play 4 quarters of hard nose ball this season, therefore, their complete game wear-down factor is unknown. However, with the intensity of their 1st quarter/half scoring, there is no time for AU to adjust and play catch up with UGA's D. We have to start differently in this upcoming game than we did with LSU, Ga State, etc. 

Edited by AU_Canoe

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Let's be real here. UGA has way more talent than us on both sides of the ball. They have maulers on their lines. Their running backs run with nothing but straight anger. They have pretty big sized, possession WRs. They have the best defense in the SEC and pundits have labeled this defense as an all time great. This makes up for a great upset of all time. An upset so big, it will put CBH  in Auburn galore in his fifth game as HC.

Keys:

Just have fun boys. Nobody is expecting you to win so you might as well play loose, but smart.

Please stop with the silly penalties. There is no reason an offensive lineman should be running down field knocking guy off the pile way after the play. There is no reason to be hitting someone 10 yards out of bounds. There is no reason our kR should be slowly walking out of the end zone than kneeling at the last minute. Show some football IQ before you give our HC an Aortic Dissection.

Bo will have to be elusive and probably our main runner. It is nearly impossible to scheme for the run when the box is stacked. Trust me, this coaching staff wants to be balance as possible but we lack the dogs for it. Therefore, I argue we use shivers and hunter a lot more because they catch out of the backfield much better than tank. I love what tank brings and he is a load to stop, but the one flaw I find in his game is he really is not great catching out of the backfield.

Defense, defense, defense. Bend don't break will be super important next week. UGA tends to choke when you keep them low scored and they feel like they have to make something out of nothing. Please play discipline ball. Also, we need multiple turnovers, preferably with them being scores.

ST - Carlson is going to have to be damn near perfect. No blocks and no misses

WRs - This is a man's game. You will get draped and you will get held. UGA is very aggressive in the secondary and the refs will give them the benefit of the doubt. You are going to have to make contested plays and catch wide open passes!

OL - GOD SPEED

DL- Play smart and make tackles. Their QB is a lot more elusive than LSUs and he will take off

Last: We need that JH allure and Boise magic. UGA will have to make mistakes in their own right for us to even be in this game. Fans need to be loud and this environment needs to be absolutely uncomfortable

WDE!

tumblr_nk5xd1HdE01sl21koo1_400.gifv

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will be ready for a fight! Let’s make them earn every blade of grass. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I thought the play was there to be had but the outside man was just slightly late. Could have been a huge early momentum push in second half. I still remember how the same call broke USCe’s back under Tubs

The play was there. It looked like Robertson lost the ball when it passed behind the defender.

• Like 3