Things I Think I Saw (AU vs LSU).....

JMR

7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I can live with "effort/nasty" penalties as long as they aren't stupid, like hitting 3 yards out of bounds. But, if you're going to hit late, at least make them pay for it.

The thing that pisses me off is how down field it was, Yet they never seem to move the damn pile in the trenches. Our RB can get stood up and they are just standing around the pile. Use that aggression in the damn trenches..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Our RB can get stood up and they are just standing around the pile.

^^ this!^^. I've seen this too many times this year.  Block to the whistle people!

• Like 2

Coach, I join with others in expressing my appreciation for your posts. You always give perspective to the game, & I always learn something. I'm wondering if you have any thoughts as to why Mason is playing so conservatively on defense (that "strange stuff" as you called it). At the end of the day we only gave up 1 touchdown, which is good. But I'm not sure LSU's offense is that good. How many 3rd & longs did we not get off the field? Wow! Playing like that will get us torched against a good offense. 

6 hours ago, JMR said:

Something I left out unintentionally:  I was impressed by the schematics of the little swing passes to Shivers. He had just enough speed to put the safety assigned to cover him in a bad pursuit angle. That was a well thought-out scheme. And credit to Bo for putting the ball on a small target. 

Agree and this is an excellent play for us. Shiver is fast and dangerous when he gets a little space . We need to be doing this more. 

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Tank is only about 70% healthy

It is interesting how different this coaching staff plays our RB as opposed to the last.

• Like 1

I look forward to these every week. Love it..

Also this!!!!! 

• Tight ends. Need I say more? Hard to believe we have discovered after all these years that the tight end is actually an eligible receiver.