Tank Unhappy?

AUght2win

I think he has every right to be with only 10 touches Saturday. But I don't know if he actually is or isn't upset. Wanted to get the opinion of the board.

Today Tank posted a pretty cryptic instagram story.

Screenshot_20211007-161450_Instagram.jpg

It's a weird image to pick. It's blurry, and of all the images and shots of Tank from the season, he picks the one of him out of focus on the ground?

The only thing unique about the picture is Harsin celebrating in the background. Given the caption "Keep that SAME energy", I'm interpreting it as "you were happy when I was dominating, and I'm pissed because you went away from me."

I don't know. Could be reading too much into it. But he pretty well headed straight to the tunnel Saturday without celebrating, and was the first one in the locker room. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5

I don’t know. Do some people love drama? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just like the QBs the coaches are going to feed the player thats producing.  Whether its injury or something else Jarquez has been out performing Tank.  I wouldn't read too much into it and definitely wouldn't automatically assume something bad which seems to happen a lot.  Maybe he's just saying he needs to keep his energy up this week? 18-21 years olds can be emotional folks.

• Like 2

No need for angry reactions. It's a valid question, especially given missing the bowl game and transfer rumors.

I was furious with Bobo Saturday, and I imagine Tank wasn't thrilled. We have the best back in America. No excuse for only 10 touches. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, creed said:

I don’t know. Do some people love drama? 

If you don't love drama how can you follow Auburn, the most dramatic team in American sports. 

• Like 2

The IG story could mean just about anything. It's a cool photo of him scoring a touchdown. 

Tank is not 100% and I imagine he's frustrated about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Win4AU said:

Tank only average 3 yards a carry Saturday while Bo and Jarquez both averaged over 6 per carry.  

That argument doesn't hold weight. Tank is a playmaker. It's not a matter of if, but when, he'll break one open. The more touches, the better the odds. You don't give him 5 carries and say "Welp, Tank sucks now."

Just now, cbo said:

The IG story could mean just about anything. It's a cool photo of him scoring a touchdown. 

Tank is not 100% and I imagine he's frustrated about that. 

It definitely could mean a multitude of things. Genuinely. But like I said, it's an odd still taken from a video. 

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That argument doesn't hold weight. Tank is a playmaker. It's not a matter of if, but when, he'll break one open. The more touches, the better the odds. You don't give him 5 carries and say "Welp, Tank sucks now."

Tank had 9 carries and Hunter had 6. I'd like to see them both get a lot more. The problem is everyone is stacking the box and we have zero downfield threat. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Tank only average 3 yards a carry Saturday while Bo and Jarquez both averaged over 6 per carry.  

And for that matter, Jarquez only got 7 touches. We threw it 48 times. No version of this offense do we need to be throwing 40+ times. We won in spite of Bobo Saturday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He had 9 carries for 27 yards which was the most carries for any RB.  The week before against Ga State he had 18 carries for 60 yards averaging 3 yards a carry.  I think its a Tank problem and not so much a touches problem.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Oh, I guess Jarquez isn't a "playmaker"? Who broke the 40+ yard run on the final drive, to win the game?

PS: The underlying belief is that Tank isn't 100% healthy. Not healthy + clearly not as effective as he's been in the past + RB who is literally outplaying him right now = reduced carries. That's how it works.

• Like 4

Just now, cbo said:

Tank had 9 carries and Hunter had 6. I'd like to see them both get a lot more. The problem is everyone is stacking the box and we have zero downfield threat. 

Swing passes. Screens. Get 'em both on the field at the same time. My feelings are you never allow the other team to dictate who gets the ball for you. The Titans aren't gonna just not use Derrick Henry one week because of the opposing scheme. Got to lean on our best players regardless.

Just now, metafour said:

Oh, I guess Jarquez isn't a "playmaker"? Who broke the 40+ yard run on the final drive, to win the game?

PS: The underlying belief is that Tank isn't 100% healthy. Not healthy + clearly not as effective as he's been in the past + RB who is literally outplaying him right now = reduced carries. That's how it works.

Jarquez had less touches than Tank.

Geez, I don't think Tank was 100% for LSU but he played anyway because he's a gamer. The coaches limited his touches to protect him and cuz the other guys were producing.  Maybe that's all there is and there's no bigger story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

And for that matter, Jarquez only got 7 touches. We threw it 48 times. No version of this offense do we need to be throwing 40+ times. We won in spite of Bobo Saturday. 

Bobo called a game based on what the defense gave him.  I'm not a big fan of throwing 40+ times either but Auburn won so it must have worked.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

Jarquez had less touches than Tank.

Right, so then whats your point?

We won the game, but who cares because we didn't run the ball enough with a RB who may or may not be 100%?

Btw, he also dropped a ball or two that were thrown his way.

He's been really inpatient with his running all season long. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It definitely could mean a multitude of things. Genuinely. But like I said, it's an odd still taken from a video. 

I guess it could mean anything, but the picture is literally him diving into the endzone for a TD, so not really odd that he wants to keep the "same energy" as scoring a touchdown.

• Like 2

Just now, metafour said:

Right, so then whats your point?

We won the game, but who cares because we didn't run the ball enough with a RB who may or may not be 100%?

Btw, he also dropped a ball or two that were thrown his way.

He's been really inpatient with his running all season long. 

My point is Mike Bobo's offensive scheme and play calling is abysmal. We aren't going to beat anybody else throwing 50 times. Get Tank the ball more, and Jarquez too. Disagree if you want. 

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

He had 9 carries for 27 yards which was the most carries for any RB.  The week before against Ga State he had 18 carries for 60 yards averaging 3 yards a carry.  I think its a Tank problem and not so much a touches problem.  

Did you watch that game? Bobo just gave it to Tank on basic dives on obvious run downs. No creativity. Do you honestly think Mike Bobo is doing his job right now?

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

My point is Mike Bobo's offensive scheme and play calling is abysmal. We aren't going to beat anybody else throwing 50 times. Get Tank the ball more, and Jarquez too. Disagree if you want. 

I don't think the play calling has been bad. There have been a lot of plays left out on the field. I'd like to see more running, but you can't be one dimensional. Bobo is working with what he has. 

• Like 2