AFL, Australian Rules Football

DKW 86

AFL is our new guilty pleasure around our home. My son is deep into sports management. 

Anyway, Port Adelaide has a song they do before the games. it is quite impressive. I thought yall might like it. 

• Like 1

Where do you live? I've always heard of Australian rules but didn't realize the pitch was circular? I'm going to have to look up some info on it. 

21 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Where do you live? I've always heard of Australian rules but didn't realize the pitch was circular? I'm going to have to look up some info on it. 

Live in Decatur, AL and we watch on an ESPN+ App. My son and I love Footy. I mean love it. 

These guys average covering 6-8 miles a match, on a cricket pitch. Face it, we couldnt get most NFLers to even show up for that.For those reading for the first time, a cricket pitch is EASILY 3X a football field. 
NO COMMERCIALS. No commercial breaks in the action in a quarter. No nonsense. 
Video reviews take no longer than 10-15 seconds, if that. 
Imagine watching a game and being able TO WATCH A GAME, NOT THE COMMERCIALS.
Oh yea, they've been playing since before America had Baseball. We've had the NFL since about 1920. They have been playing since the 1850-1860s

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Live in Decatur, AL and we watch on an ESPN+ App. My son and I love Footy. I mean love it. 

These guys average covering 6-8 miles a match, on a cricket pitch. Face it, we couldnt get most NFLers to even show up for that.For those reading for the first time, a cricket pitch is EASILY 3X a football field. 
NO COMMERCIALS. No commercial breaks in the action in a quarter. No nonsense. 
Video reviews take no longer than 10-15 seconds, if that. 
Imagine watching a game and being able TO WATCH A GAME, NOT THE COMMERCIALS.
Oh yea, they've been playing since before America had Baseball. We've had the NFL since about 1920. They have been playing since the 1850-1860s

Interesting. Have to check it out

Australian Rules Football was on ESPN fairly regularly in the early 80s before they got prime programming like college football and such...the main things I remember are that it was non-stop running, it looked rough as hell and the officials by the goalposts had some cool hand signals for when a score occurred.