* Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread

abw0004

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Sure is a lot of assumption that Tim Cook even likes football much less would contribute to the program or NIL deals...

He’s been around the team in the past and has admitted to being a big Auburn football fan so…

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

10 drops is still completely too much tho

Oh, I know. That's why I'm trying to correct the person who said we had 14. I think we have 5-6. DRob with 2, Shivers with 2, Jackson with 1, and MAYBE Shenker with 1. I can't recall anymore off the top of my head.

• Like 1

In theory the off sides penalty didn’t do much with it being half the distance to the goal. It only made u have less room to operate and help the defense

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

Oh, I know. That's why I'm trying to correct the person who said we had 14. I think we have 5-6. DRob with 2, Shivers with 2, Jackson with 1, and MAYBE Shenker with 1. I can't recall anymore off the top of my head.

Oh I know, just not the recipe for success 

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Shiver had 2 thrown at his back you're forgetting.

My bad, I fully forgot he was supposed to grow an extra hand out of his back. lol

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We're still fighting hard. If we make them punt the first possession we are still in this thing

Exactly. If we can get it together on O and gas the D some we've got a chance. Our D is doing enough. Keeping this close and truly competitive is gonna be incredibly difficult but we CAN do it. Ultimately we just need continuous improvement to build on. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I mean, was it also corruption when the SEC refs didn't even look at what appeared to be an incomplete pass a few weeks ago vs Ga State on the game winning drive?

Why would they? It wasn't an SEC game. I'm not getting into all of this again. This is a discussion that I've had here for years. Some posters know and others don't. There are very good reasons I say what I say, and you can take it or leave it. 

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

We could use Pegues in some of those 3rd and 1 situations......

He started the game at FB.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

My bad, I fully forgot he was supposed to grow an extra hand out of his back. lol

Bo thought so.  ha ha

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Oh I know, just not the recipe for success 

Either way bad drops all around and it's been an all year thing for us. The fact that the rotation hasn't changed is big to me. You can't allow all of these drops and let these receivers keep coming back in without anyone else getting an opportunity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

I'm betting he doesn't even know what a football is.

I've shared it many times, but as Auburn alum who graduated with an Art degree I can you with certainty there is a sizable contingency of Auburn students/alumni who despise sports. Color me shocked if Tim Cook weren't among that group.

• Like 1

Just now, EastAl_Tiger said:

I think Bobo overthinks his inside the 10 playcalling.  there are tons of quick , simple plays that are good for TD's. he evidently knows non of them.

He sure seems to complicate things

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The bad throws and the throws that weren't made have been much more important than the drops....but let's move on and fix it the second half!

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Why would they? It wasn't an SEC game. I'm not getting into all of this again. This is a discussion that I've had here for years. Some posters know and others don't. There are very good reasons I say what I say, and you can take it or leave it. 

Considering all of the calls I've seen go our way through the years, including in Iron Bowls, I'll leave it.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The bad throws and the throws that weren't made have been much more important than the drops....but let's move on and fix it the second half!

I agree. Gotta play better in every facet of the game. Just don't like receivers being credited with 8 more drops than they had. :P