2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

Keonte Scott liked this tweet 

JUCO 6'6" 310 pounds so has the height and frame to be a legitimate OT. I am sure staff has talked with Scott and asked his opinion.   

• Like 1

• Like 2

Would be a nice pickup at a position of need.  With how O-line recruiting has gone so far every possible commit becomes big but only if we close on them.

• Like 3

On 8/8/2022 at 8:18 PM, CR said:

Harsin hasnt had any recruiting momentum since he got here. On3 and some other sites have to tried to convince fans otherwise but it just hasnt happened. Theres a familiar cycle of optimism, then reality hits and the can is kicked down the road to “we’ll just load up with the portal or JC players. “ Then that doesnt pan out either and its hope a strong finish will magically convince these top players to come here over schools with proven coaches who develop players and win big games at the highest level. This is the worst Auburn recruiting I can remember. 

Hopefully this provides a clue.

The reason I say hopefully is because it’s something that could be fixed easily. How good a recruiter is Ike (no, I’m not suggesting we promote him to HC, I’m asking this because I’m curious if it’s a bad sign long term that we’re still not doing well even with him)?

Edited by AUwent

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 8:33 PM, Sizzle said:

We’re all pretty sure how this is going to end but we’re in the top 6 for 2, 5 stars

Wouldn't it be a kick in the sack to ua/uf/osu/uga if Auburn pulled them BOTH?  It would make a yuge statement that Auburn can recruit with the best in the nation. 

Auburn needs pour that NIL on thick and get these two committed NOW. 🤑

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Wouldn't it be a kick in the sack to ua/uf/osu/uga if Auburn pulled them BOTH?  It would make a yuge statement that Auburn can recruit with the best in the nation. 

Getting those 2 would change the program, but im not holding my breath. They’re probably treating us the same way they’re treating Alabama state

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Getting those 2 would change the program, but im not holding my breath. They’re probably treating us the same way they’re treating Alabama state

If our coaches let them know THEY alone are big time program changers for AU + load them with heavy NIL $$ to reinforce that message and we got 'em.

Auburn offer

Ta’Darius Collins 

image.png

Edited by toddc

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

If our coaches let them know THEY alone are big time program changers for AU + load them with heavy NIL $$ to reinforce that message and we got 'em.

Heavy NIL $$$ does not apply to Auburn.  We're using George Washingtons against folks using Ben Franklins.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Twins?

FIFY

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Can you come work on my SUV?

I did own an eight bay tire and service center for 28 years, so… yes! 😝 

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I did own an eight bay tire and service center for 28 years, so… yes! 😝 

Y’all all better follow my lead. I can pick correctly!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 3:33 PM, JerryAU said:

A kick in the sack to all if they go ASU.  If they don’t come to us I hope they go ASU, that would be awesome!!

image.thumb.png.10b307c5af86ff7d32945388bea9ae6c.pngJust sayin..

5 hours ago, peashooter said:

What is the projection on where AU will end up in the 247 rankings? Top 20? 

I don't have a subscription to 247. Rivals is free and AU is currently ranked #58 there. The problem isn't quality, the quality is good. The problem is numbers. We currently have only seven guys committed. Most of the leaders are in the 20's with commitments right now. All things are possible but it will take a tremendous turn-around for AU to get into the top 20. At this point, many of the prospects who could raise our ranking are already committed elsewhere.

A sensational season could generate some flips so let's hope for that.

Predictions flying in for him to us over on On3 right now. Simmons saying there was major movement in the past 24 hours and then he announced he's now committing next week. I'm wary of Miami, but man it'd be a huge win.

• Like 3