2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

6 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I hope they recruit him hard. I’m surprised he’s a 3 star. He’s got real potential, he can run and he don’t seem soft

This guy is good right here. Fast for a big guy and pretty athletic too. I hope we get him.

Gernorris Wilson 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, toddc said:

6'5" 265 pounds with good feet and moves well. This is the type of player you recruit when you don't get the 5* elite player. He has the frame to add the weight with a good nutrition and strength and conditioning program. This type player would probably take 2 years to be ready to be an SEC O-Linemen.  I year Redshirt one year developing then you have the type player we need.  We need multiple players of this type as some will gain weight and develop and some won't in the past we didn't even try and recruit players like this. Being he is from Arizona and we are late getting to him I don't really think we have a chance unless he just wants to play in top conference in the country.

• Like 8

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Like 2

• Like 1

It is Wednesday and by now we usually start getting reports on players who will visit for our game. So far I have heard nothing.  I realize that Penn State game will be big game for recruits but I am surprised I haven't seen anything posted on recruits for the Mercer game. Anybody have any information?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is Wednesday and by now we usually start getting reports on players who will visit for our game. So far I have heard nothing.  I realize that Penn State game will be big game for recruits but I am surprised I haven't seen anything posted on recruits for the Mercer game. Anybody have any information?

Pink says Sorey will be coming into town this weekend. Overall it's a quiet one though before slowly picking up next weekend and then a massive recruiting weekend for Penn State.

Things are slowly heating up. JLee and co putting in flip prediction for Tyler Scott, and prediction for Adam Hopkins. WR haul fixing to be really good if we get him. Also a lot of buzz with Colton Hood. Zach is a beast.

Plus, JLee says a player reached out and told him he's planning on committing to us next week before SJSU. He asked JLee not to give any info on who he could be, and Jlee is of course respecting that. 

• Thanks 2

I think I read where some b-ball 2 recruits are coming but it might have been for Penn State game.

57 minutes ago, CR said:

Commited to Mich St

Something ain't right. On August 30 he states "Auburn is where I always wanted to go". Then this? It's not like he chose UAT, UGA, Notre Dame or So. Cal. Michigan State beats us out?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, tsande07 said:

Does this mean someone higher on our board is a silent commit?

That, or he didn’t have a commit-able offer/was given a timeline to commit. We had an excellent DB class last year and have a lot returning, plus Hart and Love already committed. We also have some positive momentum with Arky St commit Tyler Scott and are apparently still tugging at a 4 star Penn St commit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mikey said:

Something ain't right. On August 30 he states "Auburn is where I always wanted to go". Then this? It's not like he chose UAT, UGA, Notre Dame or So. Cal. Michigan State beats us out?

Surely you're kidding

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Mel Tucker is no joke recruiting 

Thank you Fred the dog. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:
2 hours ago, fredst said:

Mel Tucker is no joke recruiting 

Thank you Fred the dog.

Uh, if you look more closely I'm actually two dogs

• Haha 5