Current Talent Level

Guest MustardSeed

42 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah. Kiffin and Pittman could very possibly win 10 games in their second year. Right now I see us thinking we lose at least five for at least the next three years.

Harsin can't survive 5 losses for three years.  Nobody can without having something to fall back on to show where the program is heading.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Harsin can't survive 5 losses for three years.  Nobody can without having something to fall back on to show where the program is heading.

I would be happy with 7-6 in 2021, 6-7 in 2022 (or vice versa) and 9-4 in 2023.

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I have seen some moments. On Shenkers end zone drop Jarquez was uncovered on the five yard line and would’ve walked into the end zone. On Shiver’s drop, Shenker was wide open for an easy TD. Great play calls by our OC, poor execution. This staff has to grow with their players and that will take some time. 

Playcalling without a proper scheme is not going to win too many games against these teams.  For instance, Georgia's team speed is their strength and we did not even try to mitigate that strength by running misdirection, traps and draw plays and that little bit should not require the staff to grow.  I am not saying that we would have won that game if we had done that but we could have made the lbs play run and not get such deep drops.  With our current talent level for us to have had a chance 3 things would have had to happen 1. limit big plays, 2.  win the turnover battle by at least 2,  and 3. flawless execution.  For us have had a chance we would have to have all 3 but we did not get 1 of the 3.

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Regardless how folks feel about the mentals of some of the guys who left, think there’s some leadership/depth things they couldve brought

wouldve loved Big Kat as a rotational body, esp once Wright went down 

Lol no

On 10/13/2021 at 12:23 PM, selias said:

The previous coach had solid overall class rankings, the problem is where those * came from on a position group basis.

For example: Everyone, other than the curmudgeon I won't mention by name, saw the OL problem coming a mile away.

This is not a 1 year fix unless the current staff happens to find some mean OL studs in the transfer portal

I agree. We got Bobos kid for OL whom they say is nasty, so hopefully that helps. We need a solid 3 OL guys to have a shot at the top tier teams. We have not really had a good sack artist since Jeff Holland and that is sorely missed. The last regime only focused on the offense itself, but failed to understand that in the SEC, the lines win you games. I’ve been grilled over certain comments of mine regarding the last HC, but come on, there was very little focus on the OL, which is where your O starts. 

23 hours ago, AUwent said:

Yeah. Kiffin and Pittman could very possibly win 10 games in their second year. Right now I see us thinking we lose at least five for at least the next three years.

@augolf1716 

Need your thoughts here...

36 minutes ago, fredst said:

Right now I see us thinking we lose at least five for at least the next three years.

36 minutes ago, fredst said:

@augolf1716 

Need your thoughts here...

I'm thinking more like 4 years maybe 5...plus I'm starting to feel sorry for went. I guess AUwent meaning is Auburn is went and gone

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Theres no reason not to go 9-4 next year. I realize we are losing most of the online, but Harsin has known about that from the day he took the job and has had time to hit the portal or recruit to at least get guys as good as what we have considering they are basically just a notch above terrible. 

Edited by twilli13

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Sarcastic Jim Jefferies GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Also you edited that comment that you quoted me on so now it looks more sarcastic 🤷😁🤣

giphy.gif

Edited by autiger88

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm thinking more like 4 years maybe 5...plus I'm starting to feel sorry for went. I guess AUwent meaning is Auburn is went and gone

Great song. Linda Lawrence back in the day 😍. I dedicate this one to auwent

• Love 1