Great news!!!!

aubiefifty

Guest MustardSeed

That’s awesome.  Hate it for him to miss those important games…and no idea the extent of the accusation, but glad it was addressed and short term

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

phillip marshall is reporting TD Moultry will be back for Texas A&M. it seems he was suspended for four games for borrowing a car. i am so happy for the young man as i thought his college days were over.

Yup. Was reported yesterday in the "Harsin Vague about Moultry Status" thread, but big enough news that is deserving of it's own.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yup. Was reported yesterday in the "Harsin Vague about Moultry Status" thread, but big enough news that is deserving of it's own.

to be honest i read few threads with all the fussing. and here i was worrying on if marshall is a pay site or not. anyway it is weird because there is nothing i saw on tigerland about it. man i thought i had a scoop! i love scoops  lol

30 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

phillip marshall is reporting TD Moultry will be back for Texas A&M. it seems he was suspended for four games for borrowing a car. i am so happy for the young man as i thought his college days were over.

I read where had the booster that loaned him the truck just signed him to an NIL deal according to the procedures, the loan would have been permissible.  Since he didn’t, it was an impermissible benefit.

So glad he’ll be back soon.  He was having a great final year.  Good for him and the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

I read where had the booster that loaned him the truck just signed him to an NIL deal according to the procedures, the loan would have been permissible.  Since he didn’t, it was an impermissible benefit.

So glad he’ll be back soon.  He was having a great final year.  Good for him and the team.

wow. thanks for the additional info.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

to be honest i read few threads with all the fussing. and here i was worrying on if marshall is a pay site or not. anyway it is weird because there is nothing i saw on tigerland about it. man i thought i had a scoop! i love scoops  lol

It was behind pay wall, but it was posted on the The Rant so I brought it up there. No worries. Always appreciate what you do and as I said, should have been put in it's own thread anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It was behind pay wall, but it was posted on the The Rant so I brought it up there. No worries. Always appreciate what you do and as I said, should have been put in it's own thread anyway. 

i got mine on reddit. i looked for a link but i am not sure they are required at that site. i scrounge all over to find auburn news not on al.com but it is getting harder and harder.

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Should have not missed one game let alone 4

lets go to auburn and kick some azz golf. i will drive and you can do the kicking............grins

I am still confused with all the NIL requirements and exceptions. I respect AU's compliance office having to navigate these new waters. Maybe it's more common sense than I am giving it credit. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

@augolf1716 Exactly right. On this one, the compliance dept. reminds me of that punk kid in Jr. high. It was the kid who frantically shouted out at the end of the period, "teacher, teacher, you forgot to give us our homework." We hated that kid. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Had to take a bunch of pretty ladies to dinner several times, NBD. I would borrow a car too.

Not that I am for “ borrowing “ a car from a booster, but we got players getting paid to say they drink tea!  I think it’s a lost cause. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Not that I am for “ borrowing “ a car from a booster, but we got players getting paid to say they drink tea!  I think it’s a lost cause. 

*Warning. The gif posted is meant to be a joke and should be taken as such. 

EE96CE9F-DC07-4FEB-8463-0B7762993FC3.gif

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Marshall probably got the info here.

Edited by Timbeaux38
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I just cannot believe this is even a thing.  In the days of NIL, count on Auburn to be the only program in NCAA history to be placed on probation for improper gifts.  Amazing!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Sounds like our Boosters need educating on NIL pronto!

Sign the players to an NIL contract and let them "borrow" anything they want & it's all legal.:wareagle:  

• Like 2

Borrowing a car.  That's like calling someone a name compared to what the updykes have been doing for the last xx years. 

• Like 2