McConnell Is About to Block a Voting-Rights Bill. It’s All Part of Democrats’ Plan

aubiefifty

43 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Actually, that is pretty amazing! Access like this should be available in every state. Were any voting locations closed? A mark of making voting more difficult is reducing locations, especially those near public transportation.

What exactly was the purpose of the voting reforms in Texas. I’m trying to understand what was so “loose” it required fixing.

They didn’t close any locations as far as I know. They did ban 24 hour locations, but made it a requirement to have at least 12 hours each day available for early voting in all counties with more than 55K population. Also banned drive thru voting. That was the main things it changed as far as access. But, overall I don’t see that really causing much restriction. 

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

get out of here with that bs. you have never called trump out in a lie yet that i know of. and the boy told thousands of them so you had plenty to choose from. but thank you for thinking of me.

That would be a triple down fidy. Sigh

20 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Lighten up Francis….it’s called a gif. 

Yeah, and this is called the ("serious") political thread.

Anything posted should be fair game.

Edited by homersapien

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Have my doubts that it as complex as some make it out to be

Well, the main problem in this case is none of us know the details.

Edited by homersapien

Why can't Republicans meet the Democrats halfway and get some election security provisions and compromise on other proposals? Manchin was inviting this by adding in voter ID provisions but they won't even come to the table. 

8 hours ago, BizTiger said:

Why can't Republicans meet the Democrats halfway and get some election security provisions and compromise on other proposals? Manchin was inviting this by adding in voter ID provisions but they won't even come to the table. 

Seriously?

Republicans care much more about Democrats failing than accomplishing anything.  The country - and ironically, their supporters - be damned.

The only thing they care about is the mid-term elections. Any sort of progress is anathema to them.  They are counting on legislative failure to boost their chances.     

• Like 1