Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

Gotta love the arguments about what the forefathers intended and had at the time of writing the constitution.   
It’s such a woke since of mentality and quite frankly a lot of projection onto how much smarter you feel about yourself than what they were.  
Let’s just say for sake of argument that you took away the AR weapons systems, the person that would commit violence would only go out and purchase a handgun with a mag capacity of (let’s use 17 because that’s what I got) and do whatever he was going to do with the AR.   Now, you and all the others that want to get rid of guns that law abiding citizens buy, would be screaming to ban those weapons and magazines.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Gotta love the arguments about what the forefathers intended and had at the time of writing the constitution.   
It’s such a woke since of mentality and quite frankly a lot of projection onto how much smarter you feel about yourself than what they were.  
Let’s just say for sake of argument that you took away the AR weapons systems, the person that would commit violence would only go out and purchase a handgun with a mag capacity of (let’s use 17 because that’s what I got) and do whatever he was going to do with the AR.   Now, you and all the others that want to get rid of guns that law abiding citizens buy, would be screaming to ban those weapons and magazines.   

Those slippery slopes sure are scary

Just now, arein0 said:

So going to guess not a Pope Francis fan?

Not a fan. Luckily, you don't have to be to still be a Catholic in good standing. 

Again,  I’m a gun owner. Some people just go primal on  even touching the subject, no matter the consequences. Hurts my head. I’ll leave it at this - +20 years since Columbine. Becoming almost normal. And the big ideas  are hiring (10s of) thousands more security guards (who will pay? I’m sure they’ll be diligent top talent)  and mind reading back ground crazy checks.  

Got it.

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Again,  I’m a gun owner. Some people just go primal on  even touching the subject, no matter the consequences. Hurts my head. I’ll leave it at this - +20 years since Columbine. Becoming almost normal. And the big ideas  are hiring (10s of) thousands more security guards (who will pay? I’m sure they’ll be diligent top talent)  and mind reading back ground crazy checks.  

Got it.

I dont think anyone got 'primal'. I think your argument was just lacking. Unless you think people that don't agree with you are 'primal'.

If we can give Ukraine billions, I somehow think we could afford it. You make it sound like it's such a big mountain to hire, like hiring 75,000 armed IRS agents was? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hey...don't bash one of the greatest philosophers and wordsmiths of our time.

"Culture is - it is a reflection of our moment in our time, right? And in present culture is the way we express how we're feeling about the moment. And we should always find times to express how we feel about the moment that is a reflection of joy, because as you know, it comes in the morning".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Hey...don't bash one of the greatest philosophers and wordsmiths of our time.

"Culture is - it is a reflection of our moment in our time, right? And in present culture is the way we express how we're feeling about the moment. And we should always find times to express how we feel about the moment that is a reflection of joy, because as you know, it comes in the morning".

Can you imagine her giving a State of the Union speech?

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Got it.

Not sure who is going primal, and for that matter, what you are actually referring to.   Someone with a different opinion than you?   Nothing will prevent the person who is determined to commit violence against someone.   If you want to say that banning AR style weapons will reduce the number killed, you might be right and you might be wrong.  You don’t truly know the answer because no one does.   
And if the argument is protecting teens, why don’t you ban cars, cell phones, drugs or alcohol ? Vehicles are the leading causes of death.   

23 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

And if the argument is protecting teens, why don’t you ban cars, cell phones, drugs or alcohol ? Vehicles are the leading causes of death.   

It’s simply about benefit vs risk. How all choices are made. If you see the benefit of a 30 round mag vs a smaller capacity  the same as the benefit of cars or telephones -not sure what to say.

I would suggest that If the nra had the influence it has today in the 1930’s, we’d still have machine guns. 2nd amendment right? And with that technology mass killings would easily go into the several hundreds. But there would still be many fervently stating they need them to protect their homes.

Im wrong right? People now want bump stocks, assault rifles with massive mags, and more militaryish stuff. We’re in a strange irrational place. 

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I would suggest that If the nra had the influence it has today in the 1930’s, we’d still have machine guns. 2nd amendment right?

They supported, if grudgingly, its main provisions, such as restricting gangster weapons, which included a national registry for machine guns and sawed-off shotguns and taxing them heavily. But they opposed handgun registration, which was stripped out of the nation’s first significant national gun law.

https://theconversation.com/how-the-nra-evolved-from-backing-a-1934-ban-on-machine-guns-to-blocking-nearly-all-firearm-restrictions-today-183880#:~:text=They supported%2C if grudgingly%2C its,first significant national gun law.

The NRA supported the ban, but kept the government from registering hand guns.

The dude just has no situational awareness when it comes to the kids.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 9:54 PM, aubaseball said:

By your rationale, you would refuse to do something that could help simply because it would not solve the entire problem.  The problem is uniquely American, yet we refuse to even consider why gun violence is magnified here compared to other similar countries.  There is no one magic pill, but there are efforts that could be made to reduce the ease by which anyone can acquire the means to kill innocent people.  If someone wants to do commit that act badly enough, they will find a way, but we shouldn't make it easier than buying a case of beer to do so.

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

but we shouldn't make it easier than buying a case of beer to do so.

I wasn't aware they did background checks for buying a case of beer. This liberal talking point is just patently false. By any stretch of the imagination it is not easier to buy an AR than it is to go into a gas station and buy beer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s getting worse:

Liberals have really honed their blind spots for this clearly incapacitated president. Remember when they were bringing up possible medical conditions for Trump in the MSM when he was president and discussing the 25th amendment? Where did all those conversations go?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s getting worse:

Best of Boomhauer on King of the Hill - Funniest Quotes - YouTube

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

By your rationale, you would refuse to do something that could help simply because it would not solve the entire problem.  The problem is uniquely American, yet we refuse to even consider why gun violence is magnified here compared to other similar countries.  There is no one magic pill, but there are efforts that could be made to reduce the ease by which anyone can acquire the means to kill innocent people.  If someone wants to do commit that act badly enough, they will find a way, but we shouldn't make it easier than buying a case of beer to do so.

Well, when’s the last time you had a police check buying some beer?  I agree that some tougher restrictions should be in place at gun shows and possibly from owner to seller scenario’s.  But you and others just want to all out restrict ownership by everyone on weapons you deem they shouldn’t have.  

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Well, when’s the last time you had a police check buying some beer?  I agree that some tougher restrictions should be in place at gun shows and possibly from owner to seller scenario’s.  But you and others just want to all out restrict ownership by everyone on weapons you deem they shouldn’t have.  

I disagree. The constitution is clear that the govt shall not infringe on our right to access and bear arms. If we want to continue this creep of adding on more and more restrictions to buying arms that dont truly fix any issues to appease and make the left feel better, we need to change the constitution first.

I intend on buying only from private sellers in the future because I don't trust the govt. 

Edited by KansasTiger

11 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I wasn't aware they did background checks for buying a case of beer. This liberal talking point is just patently false. By any stretch of the imagination it is not easier to buy an AR than it is to go into a gas station and buy beer.

When the person doing the buying is 18 years old, it certainly is.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I do believe ARs are unnecessary weapons with no purpose other than to kill people.  I believe that because it is true.  I also know that restricting the purchase of those weapons is a constitutional.  We have had an assault weapons ban in place before.  I also don't think it is a burdensome trade off for for the safety of communities in general. 

I own 4 rifles, 3 shotguns, and 2 hand guns.  I am not anti-gun ownership.  I am against everyone wanting to be be armed in military style weaponry and this country becoming the wild West.

5 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I do believe ARs are unnecessary weapons with no purpose other than to kill people.  I believe that because it is true.  I also know that restricting the purchase of those weapons is a constitutional.  We have had an assault weapons ban in place before.  I also don't think it is a burdensome trade off for for the safety of communities in general. 

I own 4 rifles, 3 shotguns, and 2 hand guns.  I am not anti-gun ownership.  I am against everyone wanting to be be armed in military style weaponry and this country becoming the wild West.

Well, your opinion doesn't override the constitution. And niether does mine. Assault weapons ban is unconstitutional, too. That's not me saying I support undoing it or not. I'm saying it's unconstitutional.

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Well, your opinion doesn't override the constitution. And niether does mine. Assault weapons ban is unconstitutional, too. That's not me saying I support undoing it or not. I'm saying it's unconstitutional.

We had one for 10 years.  The 2nd Amendment is not immune from govt regulation.

Is there no problem at all?

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-school-shooting-buffalo-supermarket-texas-d1415e5a50eb85a50d5464970a225b2d

Edited by AU9377

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s getting worse:

People might actually believe some of this BS if you didn't cry wolf over and over and over and over and over and over again.