Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Dems are doing everything they can to get Trump the Republican nomination.

This is the thing that I figure a sizable number of them aren't saying out loud (yet), but are hoping beyond hope that it happens. Outwardly projecting abject horror, inwardly thinking "Yeah, bring him on."

I hope it doesn’t work.

Seconded.  Will Rep primary voters be smart enough to see the inevitable result in November 2024 of a Trump nomination?  Dems are counting on that, and sadly, they might see it happen. My expectations for 2024 are to see an even bigger shitshow than we had in 2020...call it Trump-Biden II: Stale White Bread Reloaded.

• Like 1

His situational awareness it top notch.

It took him long enough to realize it wasn’t our National Anthem.

Political joy in this country used to be when the candidate you supported built or created something, overhauled something, or provided a great benefit to our nation. Now joy is when the ‘other’ guy looks bad, gets impeached or indicted, does something embarrassing, or has a negative meme. It really is a sad commentary on all of us, and our nation. What’s wrong with us?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Political joy in this country used to be when the candidate you supported built or created something, overhauled something, or provided a great benefit to our nation. Now joy is when the ‘other’ guy looks bad, gets impeached or indicted, does something embarrassing, or has a negative meme. It really is a sad commentary on all of us, and our nation. What’s wrong with us?

What's wrong with us is that both parties end up nominating real losers and it's always a case of picking the person you think will do the least damage.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What's wrong with us is that both parties end up nominating real losers and it's always a case of picking the person you think will do the least damage.

It is exhausting. The medias whole operational model is attacking and denigrating the other side. No one cares about solutions or building anything. The money and power now is in attacking and blaming the other side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Take a look at the Prime Minister of India when Joe says he has sold state secrets.  What a hoot.

The man is certifiable.

Some presidents don’t have a strong story to tell about their record, so they deflect, distract and demonize their opponents. Other presidents’ records almost speak for themselves. President Biden, however, finds himself in an unusual spot: An economic record that has been working far better than most people anticipated but that the electorate doesn’t yet recognize.

The economy has created 13 million jobs, inflation has been more than cut in half, huge investments are being made in infrastructure and green energy, wage growth has begun to outpace inflation, the first drug price controls are going into effect and the biggest corporations will finally be forced to pay something in federal taxes. Yet polls show voters incorrectly think we are in a recession and remain negative about the economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/06/29/bidenomics-voters-economy/

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Shopping and I found my new favorite firework! 20230629_184416.thumb.jpg.1f733ba91ab05cf2bdc31f46dea6df9e.jpg

Those will probably take out a few drunk Republicans on the 4th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Those will probably take out a few drunk Republicans on the 4th.

You know what. No. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I dont need to be combative about every jab.

I still think it was genius marketing and a cool 3d label. I watched a preview on YouTube, and it ain't even bad as just standalone fireworks.

Edited by KansasTiger

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You know what. No. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I dont need to be combative about every jab.

I still think it was genius marketing and a cool 3d label. I watched a preview on YouTube, and it ain't even bad as just standalone fireworks.

Stay safe, brother, no matter what explosives you play with! 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even the media is picking up that Biden has no clue where to go after he speaks or is on stage:

On 6/21/2023 at 9:29 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Why listen to this man?

Really?  You are actually concerned about who has the ability to purchase a gun?  That is rich.  How many people have you ever heard prosecuted for that before this instance? 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Really?  You are actually concerned about who has the ability to purchase a gun?  That is rich.  How many people have you ever heard prosecuted for that before this instance? 

If you are going to cram down legislation to gun owners that are following the rules, you better lead by example.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you are going to cram down legislation to gun owners that are following the rules, you better lead by example.

Recent gun legislation has rarely been about the owners following the rules (besides taxes). Or even about criminals  that aren’t.  It’s usually about crazy (and background check away - crazy doesn’t always have a record).  No matter what, we cant save 4-5 people from crazy - a car, bolt action, knife ect).  But you can save the next 25 or more from a 30 round magazine semi. Or worse. Todays debate  is about how much personal liberty someone is willing to sacrifice to lower societal (especially children’s) risk.  It’s a choice and  for many good people it’s absolutely giving up something. But conspiracies aside, Imo if someone tells me it takes large magazine capacity to bag a deer or protect your home, they might want to practice a bit more at the range.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Recent gun legislation has rarely been about the owners following the rules (besides taxes). Or even about criminals  that aren’t.  It’s usually about crazy (and background check away - crazy doesn’t always have a record).  No matter what, we cant save 4-5 people from crazy - a car, bolt action, knife ect).  But you can save the next 25 or more from a 30 round magazine semi. Or worse. Todays debate  is about how much personal liberty someone is willing to sacrifice to lower societal (especially children’s) risk.  It’s a choice and  for many good people it’s absolutely giving up something. But conspiracies aside, Imo if someone tells me it takes large magazine capacity to bag a deer or protect your home, they might want to practice a bit more at the range.

I know of no hunter that has a 30 round magazine, I do know people that choose to protect their home with a rifle that will have a 30 round magazine and that would be their choice wouldn’t it be?  Why would a government restrict the options of a gun ownership because of optics?