Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

17 hours ago, Leftfield said:

With that said, in general I don't have a problem with it. I am not religious, and my list of issues with what people do in the name of organized religion is lengthy, but I also recognize the good it can do. Even if I don't share in the belief, a group gathering to humble themselves and give thanks has a beauty to it.

I agree. 

But this was a coach - who is an authority figure to the players as well as a school official - doing so on the 50 yard line in the context of a football game, which is a school function. 

IMO, that crosses the line for all the reasons I mentioned.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

All that and still not one example of where the problem exists in Florida/.

I honestly believe I can show you a dozen examples and it wouldn't change your mind. Simply not worth my time.

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I honestly believe I can show you a dozen examples and it wouldn't change your mind. Simply not worth my time.

I was just asking for one.

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2022 at 10:18 PM, AU9377 said:

All that and still not one example of where the problem exists in Florida/.

Here you go:

The parents of a Florida teenager have filed a federal civil rights lawsuit after their daughter’s school directed their child to pursue a gender transition without notifying them.

January and Jeffrey Littlejohn of Tallahassee, Florida, filed the suit in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida last month, seeking to “vindicate their fundamental rights to direct the upbringing of their children” after Deerlake Middle School, where their 13-year-old daughter was enrolled, failed to notify them that their daughter had entered a school-sanctioned gender transition plan.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/community-family/florida-parents-sue-after-school-clandestinely-orchestrated-daughters-gender-transition

This is one of the cases DeSantis brings up as *teaching* gender identity in Florida.  Note the Deerlake Middle School is a school-sanctioned (how did they get away with that without the school system knowing it, or did they know?) gender transition plan.

Bottom line is gender was being taught (might not have been in the curriculum, but taught non the less) and DeSantis took action for the K-3.

Another example from Massachusetts;

LUDLOW, MA (WGGB/WSHM) - A federal lawsuit has been filed by four parents against school officials and staff at Baird Middle School in Ludlow for talking to their children about their gender identities without their consent.

The lawsuit is asking the school district to notify parents if a student opens up about their gender identity. Right now, they said, this is not the policy.

Two sets of parents filed a lawsuit in federal court and claimed that Paul R. Baird Middle School did not keep them in the loop when discussing their children’s gender identities, including requests to call them by different names and using different pronouns.

“The school is actively hiding information about how students are self-identifying what names they want to be used as,” said Andrew Beckwith, the attorney representing the families and president of the Massachusetts Family Institute.

https://www.westernmassnews.com/2022/04/19/lawsuit-alleges-ludlow-school-talked-with-children-about-gender-identity/

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Here you go:

The parents of a Florida teenager have filed a federal civil rights lawsuit after their daughter’s school directed their child to pursue a gender transition without notifying them.

January and Jeffrey Littlejohn of Tallahassee, Florida, filed the suit in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida last month, seeking to “vindicate their fundamental rights to direct the upbringing of their children” after Deerlake Middle School, where their 13-year-old daughter was enrolled, failed to notify them that their daughter had entered a school-sanctioned gender transition plan.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/community-family/florida-parents-sue-after-school-clandestinely-orchestrated-daughters-gender-transition

This is one of the cases DeSantis brings up as *teaching* gender identity in Florida.  Note the Deerlake Middle School is a school-sanctioned (how did they get away with that without the school system knowing it, or did they know?) gender transition plan.

Bottom line is gender was being taught (might not have been in the curriculum, but taught non the less) and DeSantis took action for the K-3.

Another example from Massachusetts;

LUDLOW, MA (WGGB/WSHM) - A federal lawsuit has been filed by four parents against school officials and staff at Baird Middle School in Ludlow for talking to their children about their gender identities without their consent.

The lawsuit is asking the school district to notify parents if a student opens up about their gender identity. Right now, they said, this is not the policy.

Two sets of parents filed a lawsuit in federal court and claimed that Paul R. Baird Middle School did not keep them in the loop when discussing their children’s gender identities, including requests to call them by different names and using different pronouns.

“The school is actively hiding information about how students are self-identifying what names they want to be used as,” said Andrew Beckwith, the attorney representing the families and president of the Massachusetts Family Institute.

https://www.westernmassnews.com/2022/04/19/lawsuit-alleges-ludlow-school-talked-with-children-about-gender-identity/

So he passes a law that would not apply to a 13 year old?  I have never heard of a school having a gender transition plan.  Thank you for the information.

Notes from the article:

1. The lawsuit says the Littlejohns informed their daughter’s math teacher, Rima Kelly, about the teenager’s gender dysphoria and continued treatment with a mental health counselor on Aug. 27, 2020.  So the school didn't initiate the conversation concerning the student and their gender issues.

2. The school did not facilitate any transition-related medical procedures.  They did provide the teenager with counseling.

3. “When parents are excluded from decisions affecting their child’s health and well-being, and mental health, as this decision does, it harms children because it drives a wedge between the child and their parents, and many times, these are vulnerable children.”  How were the parents excluded? The initiated the conversation with the school and informed them of their child's gender dysphoria.  Should they have not provided counseling?

4. This article concludes... “This lawsuit is really about protecting the rights of parents to raise their children without the interference of government officials,” the Littlejohns' attorney said. “But it’s also about protecting and championing the vulnerable children that are at the center of these situations."  Again, the PARENTS brought the issue to the attention of the school. The PARENTS already had mental health concerns, according to the article.  The concerns were not the result of school action.

Edited by AU9377

30 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

So he passes a law that would not apply to a 13 year old?  I have never heard of a school having a gender transition plan.  Thank you for the information.

He passed a law that would not allow over zealous counsellor, administrations and teachers to talk about gender at such an early age.  This school was flying under the radar until those parents sued the school.

I see why there is such an uproar among parents about such things.  It appears schools with gender transition plans are pitting children against their parents by having the kids trust strangers more than their parents.

Edited by I_M4_AU

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He passed a law that would not allow over zealous councilors, administrations and teachers to talk about gender at such an early age.  This school was flying under the radar until those parents sued the school.

I see why there is such an uproar among parents about such things.  It appears schools with gender transition plans are pitting children against their parents by having the kids trust strangers more than their parents.

The law would not apply in that situation. The student was 13.  The Florida law bars classroom instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity for children in kindergarten through third grade, or from about ages 5-9, in public schools. 

How is this an example of why the law was passed?  They passed a law that would be inapplicable in this example.

The parents themselves notified the school of the issue and had agreed for their daughter to be called a gender neutral name.  The school didn't initiate this. The school never had classroom instruction concerning this. 

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He passed a law that would not allow over zealous councilors, administrations and teachers to talk about gender at such an early age.  This school was flying under the radar until those parents sued the school.

When did we put our common sense down at the door?  A school would be incapable of having a gender transition plan. Healthcare is anything but free in this country.  No medical professional would participate without the consent of a 13 year old's parents and their pledge to pay or to have their insurance filed.

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The law would not apply in that situation. The student was 13.  The parents themselves notified the school of the issue and had agreed for their daughter to be called a gender neutral name.  The school didn't initiate this.

From the article posted:

The Littlejohns' daughter, who is referred to as A.G. in court filings, “asked her parents to permit her to change her name to ‘J.’ and to use ‘they/them’ pronouns” as the 2020-2021 school year approached, the lawsuit says.

Her parents declined but told her she could use the “J” name in school as a nickname.

“We didn’t think it was in the best interests of our child,” January Littlejohn told the Washington Examiner in an interview. But, she went on, “we didn’t feel like we would stop her friends from calling her a different name.”

The lawsuit says the Littlejohns informed their daughter’s math teacher, Rima Kelly, about the teenager’s gender dysphoria and continued treatment with a mental health counselor on Aug. 27, 2020.

Kelly offered to inform the school about their daughter’s desires to identify as nonbinary, which the parents declined. The teacher is not a named defendant in the case.

A couple of weeks later, on Sept. 14, while she was getting into the car, the Littlejohns' daughter mentioned that the school had asked her which bathroom she wanted to use, which the lawsuit says she thought was “funny.”

January Littlejohn told the Washington Examiner that was the first time she became aware that the school was meeting with her daughter and assisting the teenager in embracing a different gender identity in school settings. The school did not facilitate any transition-related medical procedures.

The lawsuit says that the school district was relying upon the LCS Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Gender Nonconforming and Questioning Support Guide, which expressly directs school administrators to avoid notifying the child’s parents about a child’s gender identity, claiming such an action could lead to the student becoming homeless.

“What the school district did is tantamount to saying children need to be protected from their parents, rather than by their parents,” Broyles said. “This guidance that they had in place and their actions convey the message that parents are presumed to be dangerous to their children.”

“That is an extremely disturbing message to any parent, regardless of their views, beliefs, backgrounds,” she continued, “and is certainly not the law in the state of Florida.”

My comments:  I see you edited you previous post to address some of these concerns, but the parents were advising the school at every turn in their child’s life and the school was hiding pertinent information from the parents.  That is not how it should work.

It appears the parents had their own mental heath counsellor and was handling the situation.  The reason the school did not facilitate any transition-related medical procedures was because she identified as non binary.  There is no medical procedure until she picks a gender if it is different from her own.

You have a child that has gender dysphoria and the parents are handling it the best they can and the school takes it upon themselves, once they find out, to step in the middle and take over the situation without the parents being involved.  How would you feel?

20 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

When did we put our common sense down at the door?  A school would be incapable of having a gender transition plan. Healthcare is anything but free in this country.  No medical professional would participate without the consent of a 13 year old's parents and their pledge to pay or to have their insurance filed.

I have posted articles that state Washington, Oregon and California all have programs that allow their students to access their parents health care plan without the parent knowledge to obtain puberty blocker and transition surgery.

Since January, children in Washington state ages 13 and up can obtain confidential treatment for mental health conditions and gender dysphoria using their parent’s insurance plan—without their parents’ consent.

Exceptions to parental consent laws in some states have steadily expanded to include “gender-affirming” care. Oregon in 2015 passed a law allowing minors ages 15 and up to obtain taxpayer-funded puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and sex change surgeries without parental consent. California passed a similar bill for children in foster care in 2018.

https://wng.org/roundups/washington-erasing-parents-from-the-equation-1617220589

Where have you been?  This article is from 2020.

Ron DeSantis doesn’t what this type of irresponsible behavior creeping into Florida schools.  I, as a parent and grandparent, can’t blame him and I don’t see why you do.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

From the article posted:

The Littlejohns' daughter, who is referred to as A.G. in court filings, “asked her parents to permit her to change her name to ‘J.’ and to use ‘they/them’ pronouns” as the 2020-2021 school year approached, the lawsuit says.

Her parents declined but told her she could use the “J” name in school as a nickname.

“We didn’t think it was in the best interests of our child,” January Littlejohn told the Washington Examiner in an interview. But, she went on, “we didn’t feel like we would stop her friends from calling her a different name.”

The lawsuit says the Littlejohns informed their daughter’s math teacher, Rima Kelly, about the teenager’s gender dysphoria and continued treatment with a mental health counselor on Aug. 27, 2020.

Kelly offered to inform the school about their daughter’s desires to identify as nonbinary, which the parents declined. The teacher is not a named defendant in the case.

A couple of weeks later, on Sept. 14, while she was getting into the car, the Littlejohns' daughter mentioned that the school had asked her which bathroom she wanted to use, which the lawsuit says she thought was “funny.”

January Littlejohn told the Washington Examiner that was the first time she became aware that the school was meeting with her daughter and assisting the teenager in embracing a different gender identity in school settings. The school did not facilitate any transition-related medical procedures.

The lawsuit says that the school district was relying upon the LCS Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Gender Nonconforming and Questioning Support Guide, which expressly directs school administrators to avoid notifying the child’s parents about a child’s gender identity, claiming such an action could lead to the student becoming homeless.

“What the school district did is tantamount to saying children need to be protected from their parents, rather than by their parents,” Broyles said. “This guidance that they had in place and their actions convey the message that parents are presumed to be dangerous to their children.”

“That is an extremely disturbing message to any parent, regardless of their views, beliefs, backgrounds,” she continued, “and is certainly not the law in the state of Florida.”

My comments:  I see you edited you previous post to address some of these concerns, but the parents were advising the school at every turn in their child’s life and the school was hiding pertinent information from the parents.  That is not how it should work.

It appears the parents had their own mental heath counsellor and was handling the situation.  The reason the school did not facilitate any transition-related medical procedures was because she identified as non binary.  There is no medical procedure until she picks a gender if it is different from her own.

You have a child that has gender dysphoria and the parents are handling it the best they can and the school takes it upon themselves, once they find out, to step in the middle and take over the situation without the parents being involved.  How would you feel?

I am not comfortable with any child having any medical treatment that the parent doesn't know about.  The quote in bold is a conclusion made by a plaintiff's attorney that is seeking monetary damages.  I don't see any action on the part of the school that went against a parent's wishes.  More importantly, this case would not be impacted by the law recently passed. The kid was a teenager.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have posted articles that state Washington, Oregon and California all have programs that allow their students to access their parents health care plan without the parent knowledge to obtain puberty blocker and transition surgery.

Since January, children in Washington state ages 13 and up can obtain confidential treatment for mental health conditions and gender dysphoria using their parent’s insurance plan—without their parents’ consent.

Exceptions to parental consent laws in some states have steadily expanded to include “gender-affirming” care. Oregon in 2015 passed a law allowing minors ages 15 and up to obtain taxpayer-funded puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones, and sex change surgeries without parental consent. California passed a similar bill for children in foster care in 2018.

https://wng.org/roundups/washington-erasing-parents-from-the-equation-1617220589

Where have you been?  This article is from 2020.

Ron DeSantis doesn’t what this type of irresponsible behavior creeping into Florida schools.  I, as a parent and grandparent, can’t blame him and I don’t see why you do.

Yet, the law he signed does not address that situation.  When I see DeSantis tackle an issue that requires work and compromise with the same zeal that he tackles Tucker Carlson's To Do list, I will give him credit for actually getting something done.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I was just asking for one.

And then another, and another, and another...... You are fooling no one.

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I am not comfortable with any child having any medical treatment that the parent doesn't know about.  The quote in bold is a conclusion made by a plaintiff's attorney that is seeking monetary damages.  I don't see any action on the part of the school that went against a parent's wishes.  More importantly, this case would not be impacted by the law recently passed. The kid was a teenager.

If you’re not comfortable with medical treatment without the parent’s knowledge, why do you keep agreeing with school taking the parents out of the equation?  The part the school played is undermining the parent’s dealing with their daughters gender dysphoria by having their counsellors and administration taking control of the student and I don’t know why you can’t see it.

Do you believe a school counsellor is really qualified to deal with gender dysphoria when they use the LBGTQ+#$^^ propaganda as a guide to keep it from the parents?

The bill was 4 pages and vague, I have a feeling it will expand during the next year of so.

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Yet, the law he signed does not address that situation.  When I see DeSantis tackle an issue that requires work and compromise with the same zeal that he tackles Tucker Carlson's To Do list, I will give him credit for actually getting something done.

There is no compromise to a belief that is not based in reality.  There are some things that are so far left they just don’t make sense and gender identity is one of them especially in our school system.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you’re not comfortable with medical treatment without the parent’s knowledge, why do you keep agreeing with school taking the parents out of the equation?  The part the school played is undermining the parent’s dealing with their daughters gender dysphoria by having their counsellors and administration taking control of the student and I don’t know why you can’t see it.

Do you believe a school counsellor is really qualified to deal with gender dysphoria when they use the LBGTQ+#$^^ propaganda as a guide to keep it from the parents?

The bill was 4 pages and vague, I have a feeling it will expand during the next year of so.

There is no compromise to a belief that is not based in reality.  There are some things that are so far left they just don’t make sense and gender identity is one of them especially in our school system.

Why does he sign a law that does not address the "problem" that he claims is present by using that case as an example? I will tell you why.  He knows that a law restricting counseling from the school counselor when the student is a teenager is likely unconstitutional.  I am not in favor of any person undergoing gender assignment treatment of any kind before they are an adult.  I have said that repeatedly.  That did not happen in the case you used as an example in Florida.

I do detest someone using issues like this one purely for political points and gain.  The school in the example you gave did nothing to encourage any sort of gender identity issue.  They attempted to counsel a student that had real issues.  For their efforts, they are sued by the very parents that brought the problem to their attention.  In what way did the school "take control?"  Should they have told the student "we can't speak with you about that regardless of how much of an issue it is in your life at the moment?"  I have read nothing that suggests that the school pushed anything.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

And then another, and another, and another...... You are fooling no one.

You all have given one example in Florida and even that example is not addressed by the law that was signed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you believe that someone that is gay is interested in recruiting other people to their team somehow?  Do you actually believe that there is some kind of gay agenda?

20 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The law would not apply in that situation. The student was 13.  The Florida law bars classroom instruction on sexual orientation or gender identity for children in kindergarten through third grade, or from about ages 5-9, in public schools. 

How is this an example of why the law was passed?  They passed a law that would be inapplicable in this example.

The parents themselves notified the school of the issue and had agreed for their daughter to be called a gender neutral name.  The school didn't initiate this. The school never had classroom instruction concerning this. 

Simple facts have no effect whatsoever on this conspiratorial wackos.

They are absolutely convinced that teachers and schools are changing their kid's sexual identities! 

Not sure how crazier this country can get. :no:  Guess Elon Musk is about to show us.

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Do you believe that someone that is gay is interested in recruiting other people to their team somehow?  Do you actually believe that there is some kind of gay agenda?

This isn’t about gay at all.  This is about the LGBTQ1@#%#&$&! Coalition pressuring society into believing there are more than 2 genders.  Why do millennials have a 20.8% *gender dysphoria* rate?

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This isn’t about gay at all.  This is about the LGBTQ1@#%#&$&! Coalition pressuring society into believing there are more than 2 genders.  Why do millennials have a 20.8% *gender dysphoria* rate?

Got a link that supports that claim with valid data?

Analysis: Conservatives claim parents disagree with what’s taught in schools. Data says otherwise.

Republicans, amplified by Fox News and other conservative media, have argued since President Biden was inaugurated that American parents are unhappy with what’s being taught in schools.

Per Philip Bump’s count, Fox News has talked about this issue more than 1,000 times.

The focus has, over the last year, shifted from what schools are teaching about race — back during the Virginia gubernatorial contest, conservatives pushed to get Toni Morrison’s novel “Beloved” off the shelves — to gender, thanks in large part to Florida’s “don’t say gay” bill, a new law that limits discussions of gender and sexuality in classes.

But, as Philip notes:

For all of the time and energy spent discussing these subjects, though, and for all of the intonations from elected officials about how they’re responding to the concerns of parents in their districts or states, new polling conducted by Ipsos for NPR reveals something interesting.

Most parents think that their kids’ schools are teaching what they should be. ...

[Parents] were asked if the schools their kids attended taught U.S. history in a way that was consistent with their own values. Most said they did.

The poll also asked about other subjects, like race and racism, the impacts of slavery and racism and sexuality and gender identity. In each case, more parents said they thought those things were being taught in keeping with their own values than said they weren’t.

You can find this Ipsos/NPR polling here, and read more from Phil on this here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/29/trump-herbster-biden-mexico/#link-GJJJSTOPNJDCLKTIY3QMFURGTU

Edited by homersapien