Brandon Strikes Again

I_M4_AU

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Predictable. Like I stated, I doubt it does any good. Your mind is made up and no amount of truth will change that. I also stated it was a waste of my time trying to reason with you. You literally use one inaccurate excuse after another. Same as others in favor of indoctrinating young children. 

I'll try and use more discipline and no longer discuss with those like you unwilling to discuss in good faith.

The preposterous statement is being made by you.  I am in no way in favor of indoctrinating young children.  You know that, but that is a crutch that the far right enjoys using when they have gone too far.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 5/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, AU9377 said:

There is plenty that I disagree with when it comes to the far left.  I simply don't believe that this problem is so widespread that it is deserving of a 5 alarm fire.

It has been flying under the radar for years and, because of COVID, it is out in the open.  It is almost too late to turn the momentum this movement has garnered.   Case in point; even sounding a 5 alarm fire hasn’t gotten your attention 

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I agree.  That is too much. 

The degree to which this is an actual issue is still being overblown.

77 be like, turn you head and look away, we'll only indoctrinate a few small children. It will be fine. 

Simply pathetic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

The preposterous statement is being made by you. 

Horse sh##! 

I am in no way in favor of indoctrinating young children. 

Your very words say otherwise. You cannot look the other way and say "nothing to see here, just far right noise" and then pretend your not in favor of this crap. You're defending it.

It is not okay! Period!

You know that, but that is a crutch that the far right enjoys using when they have gone too far.

Your excuses are a crutch the far left uses when they have gone too far and got caught. Stop enabling and defending this travesty. It is not okay. 

Edited by AUFAN78

I agree.  That is too much. 

The degree to which this is an actual issue is still being overblown.

Maybe the issue is overblown unless you are the parent of a child introduced to “Max”. We are talking K-3 teachers. Most have no clue how to implement an ADHD lesson plan.

Disney obviously does not see the issue as overblown.

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Horse sh##! 

Your very words say otherwise. You cannot look the other way and say "nothing to see here, just far right noise" and then pretend your not in favor of this crap. You're defending it.

It is not okay! Period!

Your excuses are a crutch the far left uses when they have gone too far and got caught. Stop enabling and defending this travesty. It is not okay. 

Spare me the self righteous grand standing.  To hear some of you, someone would conclude that this is the standard curriculum across the country.  It isn't.  You cannot pigeon hole me or anyone else into supporting things we clearly do not support.  Your either or is nonsense.

On this topic, I asked for examples from Florida.  What I got was an example of a 13 year old whose parents approached the school with the issue.  The school provided this teenager counseling and you all call that teaching gender identity.  There was no class teaching anything of the sort.  Then you claim that this is why DeSantis needed a special session to pass a law.  You then completely ignore the fact that the law passed has no impact on the example given.

On to the book reading.  I agree that the book in question should not be read to a first or second grade class, in my opinion.  Is that not a curriculum issue?  It certainly is and could easily be taken care of at the local level.  Even so, reading a book is certainly not teaching gender identity.

I understand that the media you consume has worked you into a frenzy with the idea that "they" are coming to get "us."  There is a lot going on in the world.  For you news source to cover this with the zeal they are should tell you something about the motivation of those you place your trust in.

As for raising kids.... Would I allow my kids to be friends with kids with two dads?  Absolutely.  Two moms?  Absolutely.  Could there be an uncomfortable question at some point?  Yes.  That is when you put your big boy pants on and handle it like an adult.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Spare me the self righteous grand standing.  To hear some of you, someone would conclude that this is the standard curriculum across the country.  It isn't.  You cannot pigeon hole me or anyone else into supporting things we clearly do not support.  Your either or is nonsense.

On this topic, I asked for examples from Florida.  What I got was an example of a 13 year old whose parents approached the school with the issue.  The school provided this teenager counseling and you all call that teaching gender identity.  There was no class teaching anything of the sort.  Then you claim that this is why DeSantis needed a special session to pass a law.  You then completely ignore the fact that the law passed has no impact on the example given.

On to the book reading.  I agree that the book in question should not be read to a first or second grade class, in my opinion.  Is that not a curriculum issue?  It certainly is and could easily be taken care of at the local level.  Even so, reading a book is certainly not teaching gender identity.

I understand that the media you consume has worked you into a frenzy with the idea that "they" are coming to get "us."  There is a lot going on in the world.  For you news source to cover this with the zeal they are should tell you something about the motivation of those you place your trust in.

As for raising kids.... Would I allow my kids to be friends with kids with two dads?  Absolutely.  Two moms?  Absolutely.  Could there be an uncomfortable question at some point?  Yes.  That is when you put your big boy pants on and handle it like an adult.

Spare me your word salad. You make it clear daily you support this agenda. You support Disney. 

Every day, every post of yours is more revealing. Today you claim reading books about gender identity is not teaching gender identity. 

Dark Side of the Groom.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Spare me your word salad. You make it clear daily you support this agenda. You support Disney. 

Every day, every post of yours is more revealing. Today you claim reading books about gender identity is not teaching gender identity. 

Dark Side of the Groom.jpg

This reply is just useless.  I was exceedingly clear when I stated that I didn't think that book was appropriate.  I was just as clear when I stated that reading a book is not teaching gender identity.  It isn't. 

The only revealing thing in this thread is the picture you have posted above.  If you believe that a teenager who happens to be gay is not normal and should be treated differently than other "normal" teenagers, then you and I have a profound difference in opinion.

What reason would someone have to hate Disney?  Did Tucker tell you that is what you should do?  I don't have any feelings about Disney other than that they employ tens of thousands of people in Florida alone.

How many things has Disney done in its history that benefit children? The list is very long.  You and your partisan politics are so hell bent on finding something to blame for everything that you believe is wrong with the world that you have concluded that criticizing the Florida governor is such an abhorrent act that it outweighs every other thing Disney has ever done.  That is childish. In my opinion, it is also bordering on un-American.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This reply is just useless.  I was exceedingly clear when I stated that I didn't think that book was appropriate.  I was just as clear when I stated that reading a book is not teaching gender identity.  It isn't. 

The point is you speak with forked tongue. You agree on one point and concede it is ok on another. Please tell me how reading a book on gender identity to small children is not teaching gender identity? 

The only revealing thing in this thread is the picture you have posted above.  If you believe that a teenager who happens to be gay is not normal and should be treated differently than other "normal" teenagers, then you and I have a profound difference in opinion.

What? Your word salad is unbelievable.

Quote me stating a gay teen is not normal or should be treated differently.

I've simply voiced an opinion stating 5-8 year old's should not be taught these sex oriented topics in school. 

What reason would someone have to hate Disney?  Did Tucker tell you that is what you should do?  I don't have any feelings about Disney other than that they employ tens of thousands of people in Florida alone.

More word salad. Good grief.

I have no idea. I don't hate them. They do seem to have a child-predator problem and I have no tolerance for that.

https://www.city-journal.org/disneys-child-predator-problem#:~:text=In 2019%2C police arrested a,she was 11 years old.

21 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

How many things has Disney done in its history that benefit children? The list is very long.  You and your partisan politics are so hell bent on finding something to blame for everything that you believe is wrong with the world that you have concluded that criticizing the Florida governor is such an abhorrent act that it outweighs every other thing Disney has ever done.  That is childish. In my opinion, it is also bordering on un-American.

Plenty I agree. But there is a dark side and won't run cover for them. You do you.

31 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I have no idea. I don't hate them. They do seem to have a child-predator problem and I have no tolerance for that.

https://www.city-journal.org/disneys-child-predator-problem#:~:text=In 2019%2C police arrested a,she was 11 years old.

There are over 80,000 Disney world park employees and Disney employees have a big turnover rate with a lot of college age people working there for a few semesters as "work study" type thing before moving on. 

50 or so Disney employees arrested for sexual crimes in the last 10 years or so, while disgusting and sad, isn't really indicative in my mind of anything Disney is doing wrong. It's hard to weed out sexual predators if they haven't been found committing the crime or uncovered yet. 

Unless you are also willing to concede that most Christian Denominational Churches have  similar child-predictor problems because groomers and child molesters regularly use Church's as a cover and excuse to meet, groom, and exploit children like they might by seeking employment at Disney. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

There are over 80,000 Disney world park employees and Disney employees have a big turnover rate with a lot of college age people working there for a few semesters as "work study" type thing before moving on. 

True

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

50 or so Disney employees arrested for sexual crimes in the last 10 years or so, while disgusting and sad, isn't really indicative in my mind of anything Disney is doing wrong. It's hard to weed out sexual predators if they haven't been found committing the crime or uncovered yet. 

It is disgusting and sad. You know I am trying to think of another organization that has that many sexual predators? Coming up empty at present. So what does that say? 

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Unless you are also willing to concede that most Christian Denominational Churches have  similar child-predictor problems because groomers and child molesters regularly use Church's as a cover and excuse to meet, groom, and exploit children like they might by seeking employment at Disney. 

Not to dismiss your claim, but I've attended Protestant churches my entire life. I am aware of one incident at those churches during that time. So to me, it seems a stretch comparison. I will admit it isn't something I've researched.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

True

It is disgusting and sad. You know I am trying to think of another organization that has that many sexual predators? Coming up empty at present. So what does that say? 

Not to dismiss your claim, but I've attended Protestant churches my entire life. I am aware of one incident at those churches during that time. So to me, it seems a stretch comparison. I will admit it isn't something I've researched.

Sadly, Boy Scouts of America comes to mind and let’s not forget the issues in the Catholic Church. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Sadly, Boy Scouts of America comes to mind and let’s not forget the issues in the Catholic Church. 

You are correct and indeed it is sad.

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Continuing the cycle. 

rbm2esp79xw81.png

Every decade the same people say the same things even though they were demonstrably wrong before.....

AND KNOW IT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

True

So what's the solution to "Disney's" problem? 

There's no accusation that Disney is intentionally hiring pedophiles.

There's no accusation that Disney is not performing background checks or hiring people with a known history of sexual crimes. 

How is Disney supposed to know if a person is a pedophile or groomer if the person keeps those feelings secret? 

It wouldn't solve the problem 100%, but if Disney's mission is to do everything possible to not hire potential pedophiles then Disney would be best served to only hire female employees and to refuse to hire any males to work at Disney...like I said this wouldn't solve the problem 100% but it's a fact that an overwhelmingly majority of grooming and sexual crimes against children are committed by men, so is this a solution you'd support to protect our children? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are correct and indeed it is sad.

It is unfortunate and something that should never happen.  We all agree to that.  The point is that the fact that it has happened in Scouting, and really within any organization that involves a large pool of people, further proves that this is a people issue much moreso than a Disney issue.

I had a wonderful experience in Scouts.  I had great men as Scout leaders.  I also had great experiences as a child and youth in Church sponsored activities.  The church trips were the first places that many I know had sexual experiences. (mostly all male & female).  You place 40, 50, or more kids ages 13 to 18 in close quarters and guess what is gonna happen.... yep that.  My point here is that you can't discount the good that those organizations do when bad apples are found.

Unfortunately, when you have enough employees or volunteers over time, you will have a problem at some point. Nobody wants it to happen, but all you can do is be super vigilant in your efforts to prevent it from happening.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So what's the solution to "Disney's" problem? 

There's no accusation that Disney is intentionally hiring pedophiles.

There's no accusation that Disney is not performing background checks or hiring people with a known history of sexual crimes. 

How is Disney supposed to know if a person is a pedophile or groomer if the person keeps those feelings secret? 

It wouldn't solve the problem 100%, but if Disney's mission is to do everything possible to not hire potential pedophiles then Disney would be best served to only hire female employees and to refuse to hire any males to work at Disney...like I said this wouldn't solve the problem 100% but it's a fact that an overwhelmingly majority of grooming and sexual crimes against children are committed by men, so is this a solution you'd support to protect our children? 

Great question. I don't identify as an HR expert. Perhaps one will step forward with an appropriate response.

• 1 month later...

Your President, losing his train of thought while he is talking and getting saved by Kimmel.

The problem has nothing to do with government.  The problem is Christianity and, those "Christians" who would further the idea of government sanctioned hate.

No one is furthering the idea of homosexuality as the preferred lifestyle.  They are promoting the idea that those who are different deserve better than being bullied.

The Church is utterly failing in the effort to teach and spread the love of Jesus.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your President, losing his train of thought while he is talking and getting saved by Kimmel.

2B345523-76AD-4A67-885C-698D6117BD9E.gif

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

"Just a stutter"...

There's a very obvious reason why he hasn't done any interviews with the NYT, WSJ, or any of the other brand-name media outlets...and it's not because they'd be out to get him.

His handlers don't want him in an unscripted environment. 

You'd think that with his approval numbers in the toilet, he'd want to articulate his vision in a first-person manner...but he hasn't, and according to the NYT's Peter Baker, "they (his admin) feel neither the obligation or the opportunity."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The problem has nothing to do with government.  The problem is Christianity and, those "Christians" who would further the idea of government sanctioned hate.

No one is furthering the idea of homosexuality as the preferred lifestyle.  They are promoting the idea that those who are different deserve better than being bullied.

The Church is utterly failing in the effort to teach and spread the love of Jesus.

Is there a subject you are speaking to, or are we supposed to guess?

On 6/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, icanthearyou said:

No Christian supports the idea of government sanctioned hate.  

Edited by jj3jordan