Ongoing Trials in Ahmaud Arbery and Kyle Rittenhouse Cases.

CoffeeTiger

7 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

T. McMichael guilty on all 9 counts

G. McMichael guilty on 8 of 9 counts

Roddy Bryan guilty on 6 of 9 counts

About right. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

T. McMichael guilty on all 9 counts

G. McMichael guilty on 8 of 9 counts

Roddy Bryan guilty on 6 of 9 counts

Wonder how the different sides of the media will spin this. It doesnt fit the "All America is racist narrative. So what is the take away? 

Just pointing out that the GEORGIA jury delivered the popular, anti-racism verdict. 
The Wisconsin Jury did the unpopular thing and found not guilty.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wonder how the different sides of the media will spin this. It doesnt fit the "All America is racist narrative. So what is the take away? 

Don't be dense, David. There's a reason this jury was disproportionately white. The defense struck as many black jurors as they could. You'd have to be a complete dumbass with regard to the history of all white juries in the south to realize why that is problematic.

In fact, I'll aver it the statement about "khaki shorts and no socks to cover his long, dirty toenails" was a Hail Mary to appeal to what they hoped was at least one racist a**hole that snuck through voir dire on that jury and hang it.

And let's not forget that these three a**holes walked around for months as if nothing had happened due to a prosecutor covering for them and might have skated had it not been for the video seeing the light of day. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

you do know we won right?

Point is it's not the slam dunk you think it is. Only takes one racist a**hole out of 12 to hang a jury, and that's what the defense was hoping for when they struck as many black jurors as they could.

Is that assumption grounded in reality? Probably. The fact that they even tried it sort of proves the point. .

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

you do know we won right?

And, again, there's a reason the DA for that county is now facing charges herself. 

They were extremely close to getting away with a lynching. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

Point is it's not the slam dunk you think it is. Only takes one racist a**hole out of 12 to hang a jury, and that's what the defense was hoping for when they struck as many black jurors as they could.

Is that assumption grounded in reality? Probably. The fact that they even tried it sort of proves the point. .

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

And, again, there's a reason the DA for that county is now facing charges herself. 

They were extremely close to getting away with a lynching. 

You seem to be missing the point: They didnt get away with it. Truth won out.

Now, can you put away the tinfoil hat and stop watching out for black helicopters and TAKE THE ******* WIN????

Are you so caught up in the conspiracy theories that even when things go your way you MUST GO HALLUICINATE A LOSS? Was it perfect? No, but NOTHING IS EVER PERFECT. As for me and all my friends, we are 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

Don't be dense, David. There's a reason this jury was disproportionately white. The defense struck as many black jurors as they could. You'd have to be a complete dumbass with regard to the history of all white juries in the south to realize why that is problematic.

And we still got the correct verdict!!! You cannot rewrite 200 years of jury selection precedence. You can strike any juror for any reason. I am not a lawyer, but undoing jury strike precedence sounds like a huge undertaking and it may never hold up with SCOTUS. You may be wanting the unacheiveable. Again, I am  not a legal scholar.

In fact, I'll aver it the statement about "khaki shorts and no socks to cover his long, dirty toenails" was a Hail Mary to appeal to what they hoped was at least one racist a**hole that snuck through voir dire on that jury and hang it.

Sounds like a very cheap dirty trick that this jury saw thru apparently, on their way to the right verdict.

And let's not forget that these three a**holes walked around for months as if nothing had happened due to a prosecutor covering for them and might have skated had it not been for the video seeing the light of day. 

This is a legitimate concern that needs to be taken care of, if not by GA, then by the DOJ, although as incompetent as the DOJ appears recently, I am no longer sure they would get it right either. Look at Epstein. How many more ways could they have ****** that case up?

Relax, take the win, and then lets go forth taking the DA out. Fixing jury selection, that may be too much to ask. That may mean 50 States all with different laws, even local laws, to overturn. Even if you did get a few fixed, would SCOTUS overturn it? Precedence means a lot in the legal world. Would rewriting the laws give every legal case before grounds for appeal or outright dismissal? If the laws used for jury selection yesterday werent good enough, then wouldnt yesterdays conviction have grounds for a new trial? 

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Relax, take the win, and then lets go forth taking the DA out. Fixing jury selection, that may be too much to ask. That may mean 50 States all with different laws, even local laws, to overturn. Even if you did get a few fixed, would SCOTUS overturn it? Precedence means a lot in the legal world. Would rewriting the laws give every legal case before grounds for appeal or outright dismissal? If the laws used for jury selection yesterday werent good enough, then wouldnt yesterdays conviction have grounds for a new trial? 

It's actually already illegal to strike jurors based exclusively on race, which is basically never enforced because it's nearly impossible to prove. Lawyers can just set up a pretextual question during voir dire, like they did here about the confederate battle flag. You'd have to find an email or something that said they planned to remove jurors based on race and most lawyers aren't dumb enough to say the quiet part out loud.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

And we still got the correct verdict!!! You cannot rewrite 200 years of jury selection precedence. You can strike any juror for any reason. I am not a lawyer, but undoing jury strike precedence sounds like a huge undertaking and it may never hold up with SCOTUS. You may be wanting the unacheiveable. Again, I am  not a legal scholar.

You're the one getting history wrong on the facts and the law here.

We aren't that far removed from all white juries effectively nullifying what should have been slam dunk cases in a lot of lynchings, which is the reason the feds made laws so they could prosecute cases in the first place.

And again there are laws that prevent striking jurors solely on the basis of race. Problem is they're nearly unenforceable for the reason I stated above. 

Sounds like a very cheap dirty trick that this jury saw thru apparently, on their way to the right verdict.

Right. But juries are funny sometimes. 

All it takes is one racist a**hole out of twelve individuals to hang it.

This is a legitimate concern that needs to be taken care of, if not by GA, then by the DOJ, although as incompetent as the DOJ appears recently, I am no longer sure they would get it right either. Look at Epstein. How many more ways could they have ****** that case up?

It's going to get taken care of this time, but we're lucky this case even went to court in the first place. 

All because one dumbass personal injury lawyer though the video cast the defendants in a good light. Video never sees the light of day? These guys are still free. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

I do think the Roddy Bryan guy has some decent grounds for appeal.  He should have never been tried with the other two.  Georgia does have a very broad aiding and abetting law, but there was never any evidence that he knew what the others were capable of or intended to do that day.  But for his cooperation with law enforcement and his sharing of the video, who knows if anything would have been done?

The other two, especially the guy who fired the shotgun, got what they richly deserved.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

Isn't it funny it's always the same people fighting the good fight to make everything not be racist?

All these people of color are just lying but luckily you have the people that don't have to worry about it, telling you how everybody are liars, victims, con artist......the experts of it will straighten it out......

If only the fervor to make sure nobody gets away with claiming racism was matched on the other side of making sure racism didn't exist at all......

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 11/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, AUDub said:

statement about "khaki shorts and no socks to cover his long, dirty toenails"

Shame on me for being shocked when I heard this statement. I should know better by now.

You're right that it only takes one dog to hear the whistle. Luckily we didn't have one on this jury. 

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, cbo said:

Shame on me for being shocked when I heard this statement. I should know better by now.

You're right that it only takes one dog to hear the whistle. Luckily we didn't have one on this jury. 

Or the bullhorn. 

And the concept of "lucky" is lost on some here. 

• Love 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:06 PM, cole256 said:

Alpha decay isn't always the most common form of decay. Only the most common in a particular situation. There it's proven LOL

Alpha decay is by far the most common form of cluster decay. Refuted. Just admit you are wrong. Hard on you, isn't it? LOL

13 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Alpha decay is by far the most common form of cluster decay. Refuted. Just admit you are wrong. Hard on you, isn't it? LOL

Lol. You don't get it 😂

You said prove it wrong and I did. I'm the one that called you out. No you admit that you are wrong. Like I said it's only the most common in certain situations but you originally stated it's the most common form decay and that's not true. It's only true when you go up the line of stability a bit. 

Also you just now brought up cluster decay, which is a rarer form of decay so you had to go find a special case where alpha decay is more common, which just proves how my original statement of that's not always the case, just the case in certain situations true. 

You tried to be funny with that lame joke and it wasn't funny at all. While you were copying and pasting you didn't count on someone actually knowing you are talking bull......can't copy and paste your way out of your original post wasn't accurate. Probably because you only copied a snippet of it.

But I know.....it's hard on you isn't it? 😂

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

(How long do we let this go before we tell him this is literally Cole's profession?)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. You don't get it 😂

You said prove it wrong and I did. I'm the one that called you out. No you admit that you are wrong. Like I said it's only the most common in certain situations but you originally stated it's the most common form decay and that's not true. It's only true when you go up the line of stability a bit. 

Also you just now brought up cluster decay, which is a more rare form of decay so you had to go find a special case where alpha decay is more common, which just proves how my original statement of that's not always the case, just the case in certain situations true. 

You tried to be funny with that lame joke and it wasn't funny at all. While you were copying and pasting you didn't count on someone actually knowing you are talking bull......can't copy and paste your way out of your original post wasn't accurate. Probably because you only copied a snippet of it.

But I know.....it's hard on you isn't it? 😂

Yeah, he has a bad habit of doing this.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, he has a bad habit of doing this.

We know there won't be any enlightenment morally but at the least maybe we can up the quality of jokes and sarcasm 😂

• Love 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:48 AM, AUDub said:

It's actually already illegal to strike jurors based exclusively on race, which is basically never enforced because it's nearly impossible to prove. Lawyers can just set up a pretextual question during voir dire, like they did here about the confederate battle flag. You'd have to find an email or something that said they planned to remove jurors based on race and most lawyers aren't dumb enough to say the quiet part out loud.

I don't know, after listening to how they were so triggered about "black pastors" and how they talked about Aubrey's dirty toe nails......maybe they are that dumb. Thank God that a correct verdict was reached but you'd have to be an idiot to not see how racism is rampant through out that area and justice system. The defense did a great job in showing how far behind Georgia is......it's actually why the men felt they could do what they did......it's sad that for a few months they actually was right.

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know, after listening to how they were so triggered about "black pastors" and how they talked about Aubrey's dirty toe nails......maybe they are that dumb.

Like I said I think a lot of that was a Hail Mary to try and appeal to that hopefully one juror that could hang the whole thing.

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Thank God that a correct verdict was reached but you'd have to be an idiot to not see how racism is rampant through out that area and justice system. The defense did a great job in showing how far behind Georgia is......it's actually why the men felt they could do what they did......it's sad that for a few months they actually was right.

Yeah. They were a hair's breadth from getting away with it without ever having been arrested or tried. 

All because a personal injury attorney was a moron lol. 

• Like 2