Ongoing Trials in Ahmaud Arbery and Kyle Rittenhouse Cases.

CoffeeTiger

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

To me it's pretty straightforward and anything other than a guilty verdict would be an injustice.  

I totally agree with you. This is totally different then the Kyle case. They chased an unarmed black man who was walking or running. They used their trucks to block him. They had guns and threatened him. Beyond a doubt this was murder most foul. I do believe some people find racism in any act that happens to a person of color, that said in this case there is no doubt in my mind this was a racist bigoted act that deserves to be punished.

I personally thought it was stupid for Kyle to have gone to where the protesting was occurring some peaceful and some violent in the first place and  to bring a gun was almost like a beacon. That said he didn't attack anybody until they others chased him and attacked him. I wish he had never gone but it was self defense.  In this other trial the three white men instigated everything they were the ones chasing and they were the ones attacking totally different and they are guilty. 

If they are not found guilty I will consider that  a true mis-carriage of justice and would have to side with those who say racism impacted the outcome of the trial.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Prove it wrong. LOL

Alpha decay isn't always the most common form of decay. Only the most common in a particular situation. There it's proven LOL

23 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think we have more of class privilege than race privilege by a long shot. Many people in poverty both black and white and in between have the same struggles.

How could you know that though? How could you even know it enough to even think it. You hear about it and think it's not true.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

How could you know that though? How could you even know it enough to even think it. You hear about it and think it's not true.

Cole what would you say to all the black people out there that argue against you and everything being about race?

• Facepalm 2

21 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Cole what would you say to all the black people out there that argue against you and everything being about race?

So you didn't have an answer tomy question?

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

So you didn't have an answer tomy question?

1st, I didn't really understand your question.  

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

How could I know what that there is a class privilege problem? I hear of what and think it's not true? White privilege? No ...I hear your skewed opinion on something being white privilege like this KR case and I point out that it has jack #$%^ to do with race or any of that bs. 

2nd- it doesn't really matter if I answer. My answers, opinions, and experiences will always be down played because I am "just a white guy" and my experiences are not as valuable or hold as much weight as a black man. Even people in this thread "You better listen to Cole...he's a black man" like being black gives someone the ultimate trump card or some bs and my experiences don't matter because I am white.( Seems like a racist sentiment to me) That is why asked you the question I did.

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

1st, I didn't really understand your question.  

How could I know what that there is a class privilege problem? I hear of what and think it's not true? White privilege? No ...I hear your skewed opinion on something being white privilege like this KR case and I point out that it has jack #$%^ to do with race or any of that bs. 

2nd- it doesn't really matter if I answer. My answers, opinions, and experiences will always be down played because I am "just a white guy" and my experiences are not as valuable or hold as much weight as a black man. Even people in this thread "You better listen to Cole...he's a black man" like being black gives someone the ultimate trump card or some bs and my experiences don't matter because I am white.( Seems like a racist sentiment to me) That is why asked you the question I did.

Well first just say that as I don't understand your question either

It's hilarious you can matter of factly say any opinion different to yours is wrong but can be so philosophical and understanding to everything that lines up to what you believe.

As far as racism goes you should shut up and listen because I experience what you don't. I can tell you what goes on but then you do what you said is done because you are a white man. 

But that's fine you don't have to answer I think it's funny how you choose to ignore the many many black people and can matter of factly say there's not a big racism problem. Even our first exchanges are you were mad about my views on race. For whatever reason it makes you more upset that a person could claim racism and it not be than a person actually being racist. 

If you refuse to even admit how black people are treated as far as law enforcement goes you won't admit to anything. 

But besides all of that how can you come to the conclusion it's not a racist problem it's a class problem? Just because you choose to come to the conclusion that most black people are lying about race isn't close to making it true. That's just what you choose to believe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No ...I hear your skewed opinion on something being white privilege like this KR case and I point out that it has jack #$%^ to do with race or any of that bs. 

You think a black kid shows up to a riot with a gun, murders some people in the exact same way Rittenhouse did (feel free to call it something else, irrelevant to the question I'm asking), and walks away free and clear? You feel really confident about that? You think the cops give him water and tell him where the action is? You think folks want to have their picture taken with him afterward? You standing firm on that?

Your anecdote earlier in the thread about being harassed yourself as a teenager... you really have zero idea why that happened? No clue? Nothing about your behavior or clothing might've informed the treatment you received? For example, I went through some s*** in Montgomery in the 90s, but I was a "skater", I was really quiet, and I didn't smile much. That was enough for those dumbass rednecks to think I was gay, satanic, stupid, any number of things. *Nothing* like that in your experience? Nothing that you could have changed about yourself if you'd really wanted to? Nothing that you've been able to change since?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I personally thought it was stupid for Kyle to have gone to where the protesting was occurring some peaceful and some violent in the first place and  to bring a gun was almost like a beacon. That said he didn't attack anybody until they others chased him and attacked him. I wish he had never gone but it was self defense.

This is where our laws and common sense diverge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Well first just say that as I don't understand your question either

It's hilarious you can matter of factly say any opinion different to yours is wrong but can be so philosophical and understanding to everything that lines up to what you believe. Im sorry Cole. Next time I will say " in my opinion that this case has jack sh#$ to do with race." I thought it was clear that was my opinion. 

As far as racism goes you should shut up and listen because I experience what you don't. I can tell you what goes on but then you do what you said is done because you are a white man.  This is hilarious. I need to shut up because your experience is the be all end of all of racism, right? GTFOH. My point of my question is there are thousands of black people out there that disagree with you. I have friends and family members who are black that disagree with you. There are thousands of black people all over Social media that disagree with you. So no, just because you are black and you make a claim doesn't make it fact. IT is your opinion. I actually used to lean more towards agreeing with you until one day a conversation with a black man opened my eyes to a different point of view and I started paying more attention to things and not just jumping wiht the masses.

But that's fine you don't have to answer I think it's funny how you choose to ignore the many many black people and can matter of factly say there's not a big racism problem. Many many people can still be wrong. Even our first exchanges are you were mad about my views on race. For whatever reason it makes you more upset that a person could claim racism and it not be than a person actually being racist. That's a BS statement. First off,  I do not devalue actual racism. I hate racist people. I ahve experienced it first hand myself plenty of times over my life. So don't throw some bs statement in there like that. That is the reason false claims of racism do bother me though, because when racism is screamed as an excuse for every single thing it devalues actual racist events like what I have seen with my own 2 eyes. That is why it bothers me. 

If you refuse to even admit how black people are treated as far as law enforcement goes you won't admit to anything. Again, Not all black people are treated that way as not all white people are treated that way. I have never "refused to admit " there is a police problem period, I just don't always think it is race related as people scream racism at every single event today.

But besides all of that how can you come to the conclusion it's not a racist problem it's a class problem? Just because you choose to come to the conclusion that most black people are lying about race isn't close to making it true. That's just what you choose to believe. Again you try to speak for "most black people"  what do you say to the many black people that disagree.

• Dislike 2

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

You don't see the irony here?

I don’t know Homer. If racism is evident, then it needs to be stopped. Unfortunately, there are too many people that everything is about race, they are looking for racism in places it doesn’t exist. Like the monster under the bed or in the closet, it is just not there.

I wished we lived in a total “color blinded” world, but despite our efforts, we all are flawed and biased individuals because we are in a fallen world. I was told last week that “ color blind” and “ personal responsibility “ were offensive to some people of color. Really ??? I bet you were taught “personal responsibility “ and accountability by your parents and I bet you passed this along to your children as well.  Decisions , good or bad, have consequences.

I despise the extremists  on both ends of the pole regarding race, they only divide us, not try to unite us.

With all that said, I respect you, Cole, Coffee, Grumps, and even Icky. We may differ on some issues, but we love Auburn, not just for its Athletics, we care about people and we hate injustice, although we may not agree on what this means and we know how fortunate we are to live in this great nation.

God bless you all, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and BEAT BAMA!!!’

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Your anecdote earlier in the thread about being harassed yourself as a teenager... you really have zero idea why that happened? No clue? Nothing about your behavior or clothing might've informed the treatment you received? For example, I went through some s*** in Montgomery in the 90s, but I was a "skater", I was really quiet, and I didn't smile much. That was enough for those dumbass rednecks to think I was gay, satanic, stupid, any number of things. *Nothing* like that in your experience? Nothing that you could have changed about yourself if you'd really wanted to? Nothing that you've been able to change since?

I didn't say my behavior had nothing to do with it. Now you are touching on something. Thank you. Point made. Can that point not go both ways? So if a white kid is followed or harrassed it must be because of behavior, but if it's a black person then it is purely skin color? Ok got it.

• Facepalm 3

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You think a black kid shows up to a riot with a gun, murders some people in the exact same way Rittenhouse did (feel free to call it something else, irrelevant to the question I'm asking), and walks away free and clear? You feel really confident about that? You think the cops give him water and tell him where the action is? You think folks want to have their picture taken with him afterward? You standing firm on that?

Yes. If there was a clear cut evidence of self defense....your damn right. Now I think if you change the race of the victims (even though it shouldn't) it would change the outcome of the verdict in KR's case and the hypothetical black Kyle R because everyone would for sure have made it about race then. I have already mentioned a real case multiple times where a black man killed one and injured 2 other black people in Chicago and the prosecutor didn't even bring charges. So yes...in your hypothetical IF Kyle was black yada yada with all the video evidence I think he is not guilty as well.

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I don’t know Homer. If racism is evident, then it needs to be stopped. Unfortunately, there are too many people that everything is about race, they are looking for racism in places it doesn’t exist. Like the monster under the bed or in the closet, it is just not there.

I wished we lived in a total “color blinded” world, but despite our efforts, we all are flawed and biased individuals because we are in a fallen world. I was told last week that “ color blind” and “ personal responsibility “ were offensive to some people of color. Really ??? I bet you were taught “personal responsibility “ and accountability by your parents and I bet you passed this along to your children as well.  Decisions , good or bad, have consequences.

I despise the extremists  on both ends of the pole regarding race, they only divide us, not try to unite us.

With all that said, I respect you, Cole, Coffee, Grumps, and even Icky. We may differ on some issues, but we love Auburn, not just for its Athletics, we care about people and we hate injustice, although we may not agree on what this means and we know how fortunate we are to live in this great nation.

God bless you all, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and BEAT BAMA!!!’

Very well said. I second everything here.

@cole256 even though we disagree I still respect you and love you as a person and If I ever thought someone was treating you badly I would have your back.

Edit- With that statement I am done with this conversation.  I don't see much to be gained. We disagree and that is fine. @cole256 I respect you and enjoy your posts for the most part. I love you and I have your back if someone treats you poorly based on the color of your skin. War Damn

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I didn't say my behavior had nothing to do with it. Now you are touching on something. Thank you. Point made. Can that point not go both ways? So if a white kid is followed or harrassed it must be because of behavior, but if it's a black person then it is purely skin color? Ok got it.

It's like you got the point and then immediately forgot it midsentence. I said nothing like your last sentence. You had to put effort into misconstruing it that way. That tells me you're not even attempting to see the other side of things. No need to engage further.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's like you got the point and then immediately forgot it midsentence. I said nothing like your last sentence. You had to put effort into misconstruing it that way. That tells me you're not even attempting to see the other side of things. No need to engage further.

No. Just point out the hypocrisy in such statements. I agree there is no need to further, though. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No. Just point out the hypocrisy in such statements. I agree there is no need to further, though. 

Okay, so I can't actually let that bull**** slide. You didn't point out jack s***. You made up a statement and then falsely attributed it to me. 

You're telling on yourself in this thread. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, so I can't actually let that bull**** slide. You didn't point out jack s***. You made up a statement and then falsely attributed it to me. 

I wasn't attributing it specifically to you....but a whole damn bunch of people of only see things one way. Your panties seem ruffled. Calm down.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wasn't attributing it specifically to you....but a whole damn bunch of people of only see things one way. Your panties seem ruffled. Calm down.

And there it is. 

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

And there it is. 

I am not engaging further. Same to you Loof...I love you and respect you as a poster. There is not being much gained in this discourse. So this will be my last response on this topic. Everyone is beating dead horses and no sense in tempers flaring.  We all love AU and we all are passionate about things.

• Facepalm 1

T. McMichael guilty on all 9 counts

G. McMichael guilty on 8 of 9 counts

Roddy Bryan guilty on 6 of 9 counts

• Like 1