Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

While not trying to get into tabloid territory, nor defame anything, and I don’t know how their dynamics were in Boise, but there’s been some off the field things that’ve occurred since being in Auburn, that might make Harsin think his family is better suited not in this culture 

I really don’t think it’s my place to go any deeper than that, but I definitely don’t think him reaching out to a Western team is only because of sporting familiarity 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

While not trying to get into tabloid territory, nor defame anything, and I don’t know how their dynamics were in Boise, but there’s been some off the field things that’ve occurred since being in Auburn, that might make Harsin think his family is better suited not in this culture 

I really don’t think it’s my place to go any deeper than that, but I definitely don’t think him reaching out to a Western team is only because of sporting familiarity 

Ahh come on you can't leave us hanging lol. They certainly appear to be a very normal family that fits in well here. I know you bring good info, but it seems like any off field scandals would've got out. Not to get into politics, but if we're going with the usual perceptions that people have (not saying that's right at all), most would probably say he's a better political and cultural fit here than on the west coast by far. Boise and Auburn are both pretty low key towns with a lot of good people. Not like he came from Los Angeles or Cal Berkley 

Edited by au302

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Ahh come on you can't leave us hanging lol. They certainly appear to be a very normal family that fits in well here. I know you bring good info, but it seems like any off field scandals would've got out. Not to get into politics, but if we're going with the usual perceptions that people have (not saying that's right at all), most would probably say he's a better political and cultural fit here than on the west coast by far. Boise and Auburn are both pretty low key towns with a lot of good people. Not like he came from Los Angeles or Cal Berkley 

He has daughters that are enjoying a certain atmosphere and attention that might’ve existed in Boise, but based on how hectic I’ve heard things have gone, I’d imagine they’re not used to. It’s them more than anything 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

Mods feel free to delete that if it’s stepping over any line, legally morally whatever 

I don’t intend on going any deeper than that, just wanted to use it to say I don’t think Harsin would necessarily be quitting Auburn for football reasons if he were to leave for that region 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

11 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He has daughters that are enjoying a certain atmosphere and attention that might’ve existed in Boise, but based on how hectic I’ve heard things have gone, I’d imagine they’re not used to. It’s them more than anything 

Sounds like a Rumspringa situation. 

• Haha 2

Realize, if this happened, it would create more turmoil than the last HC hiring cycle. We have not yet named a new university president. Our AD is a “dead man walking”. And AU has not demonstrated competence in handling these situations.

If Harsin departed, and I were Gouge, I would immediately name Chris Roberts (current Dean of the College of Engineering, frontrunner to replace Gouge) and Ronald Burgess as co-heads of a head coaching search committee. Burgess is Gouge’s right hand man when it comes to the athletic department, and Burgess likely will be involved in selecting the next AD. Quentin Riggins should probably also be on the committee, as a representative of the BOT and the Auburn football lettermen.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

IF 

He doesn't want to be here, bye.  

Coaches are hired mercenaries,   they dont have the same feelings toward a university  that we do.     What im trying to say is there is no "want to be here"   

19 minutes ago, beagle34 said:

I like Washington ! There’s a ton of free things to do. I really enjoyed climbing the Washington Monument and visiting the Lincoln Memorial.

I hear they have apples there and..  cities too. 😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DAG said:

HAHAHAH From who? That sounds ridiculous . "Didn't he already turn us down last year?"

That’s the joke!

• Facepalm 1

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If he goes we will finally find out his vaccination status.

“Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety”. Benjamin Franklin 

what benefit would come from finding out the private medical history of a football coach?  What would you gain from that?  Why is it important enough to you, to post that here?  I’m serious. What would be the benefit?  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Browsing the Washington Football fan forums, Harsin has been brought up in a few places, and the few Washington fans that have chimed in on it seem to be of 3 minds.

1. Harsin wouldn't leave AU for Washington unless hes being pushed out, at which point why would WA want him?

2. A few jokes about Harsin being un-vaccinated and how that wouldn't fly in Washington.

3. He sucks, why would we want him?

Of course that doesn't mean the Washington administration wouldn't have different ideas, but I was curious what WASH fans may think about Harsin and that's what I found.

Edited by CoffeeTiger

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Browsing the Washington Football fan forums, Harsin has been brought up in a few places, and the few Washington fans that have chimed in on it seem to be of 3 minds.

1. Harsin wouldn't leave AU for Washington unless hes being pushed out, at which point why would WA want him?

2. A few jokes about Harsin being un-vaccinated and how that wouldn't fly in Washington.

3. He's sucks, why would we want him?

Of course that doesn't mean the Washington administration wouldn't have different ideas, but I was curious what WASH fans may think about Harsin and that's what I found.

it is wishful thinking from AU fans is all.  Just about a month ago, people were afraid of losing him to the vaccination and now people are praying he leaves.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

“Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety”. Benjamin Franklin 

what benefit would come from finding out the private medical history of a football coach?  What would you gain from that?  Why is it important enough to you, to post that here?  I’m serious. What would be the benefit?  

There have been threads devoted to this question.  It was a joke, I’m sorry you didn’t see it.  I, for one, agree with your first line, but I will save my thoughts for the political forum. 

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

There have been threads devoted to this question.  It was a joke, I’m sorry you didn’t see it.  I, for one, agree with your first line, but I will save my thoughts for the political forum. 

Ugggggg.  I apologize for missing the joke.   My bad.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meh130 said:

Realize, if this happened, it would create more turmoil than the last HC hiring cycle. We have not yet named a new university president. Our AD is a “dead man walking”. And AU has not demonstrated competence in handling these situations.

If Harsin departed, and I were Gouge, I would immediately name Chris Roberts (current Dean of the College of Engineering, frontrunner to replace Gouge) and Ronald Burgess as co-heads of a head coaching search committee. Burgess is Gouge’s right hand man when it comes to the athletic department, and Burgess likely will be involved in selecting the next AD. Quentin Riggins should probably also be on the committee, as a representative of the BOT and the Auburn football lettermen.

Not to mention how many teams will be looking for a coach. And how many of them already are. We are looking at the leavings at that point. 

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

it is wishful thinking from AU fans is all.  Just about a month ago, people were afraid of losing him to the vaccination and now people are praying he leaves.

Dude. I was thinking about this exact thing earlier this morning. How quickly the spoils of victory can become….spoiled.

• Like 2

If he leaves, we'll have players transfer and lose recruits. Next year will be even worse for a first year coach trying to build a program.

We are a 7-5 and now 6-6 program. We've technically been a 6 win program for 2 years. We all hate losing want better but the sooner we realize we are in rebuild the sooner this board will have less freakouts. The coach was way too aggressive last night with a back up quarterback and he'll have to learn from that or he won't be around. But getting rid of a first year coach is dooming your football program for years. If he leaves, we'll be competing against other bad programs looking for more unproven or mediocre coaches. People need to vent in less threads..

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

If he leaves, we'll have players transfer and lose recruits. Next year will be even worse for a first year coach trying to build a program.

We are a 7-5 and now 6-6 program. We've technically been a 6 win program for 2 years. We all hate losing want better but the sooner we realize we are in rebuild the sooner this board will have less freakouts. The coach was way to aggressive last night with a back up quarterback and he'll have to learn from that or he won't be around. But getting rid of a first year coach is dooming your football program for years. If he leaves, we'll be competing against other bad programs looking for more unproven or mediocre coaches. People need to vent in less threads..

I tapped out when we gave them the short field after throwing the ball. Just a stupid football move. 

• Like 3