Harsin going to Washington?

Auburn Tiger

4 hours ago, woodford said:

He’s out recruiting us at BC imagine what he would do here lol

If Harsin does leave my top 3 would be:

Luke Fickell

Dave Clawson

Dave Aranda

Absolutely noting about Clawson is exciting. One good season after 10 at Wake when the entire ACC us terrible doesn't excite me.

Aranda is probably going to be a good hire.

Fickle is a good coach, it'll be interesting to see if he takes a job outside the Midwest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't think Auburn would ask for the buyout payment just a mutual parting of the ways

Wow. So...is there legitimate fire where this smoke is coming from? Or still speculation at this point?

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't think Auburn would ask for the buyout payment just a mutual parting of the ways

Hey Golf since you are an inside guy at AU 😊, tell the board we would be ok if we Just let the President and AD go. I’m thinking we promote Bruce to AD along with Basketball Coach. The kids at AU love him and he would be a perfect fit at AD. He knows what it takes to recruit and coach at the top level so I think he can hire like-minded coaches. We have seen dual AD/Coaches before. Can’t get any worse. 🤔

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AURealist said:

Not happening.  And if it did, we'd do our best to screw it up. 

I'm completely black pilled on the Auburn PTB.  I suspect they're all Bama fans.  

apathy.png

Apathy is the worst feeling for a sports fan and I won’t lie , I am feeling it myself . All my teams suck haha 

If Harsin feels like west coast is better fit for him the best thing would for him to go now. The downside is who will make the decision on the next coach?  Many seem to think out AD is dead man walking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Butthead said:

If Harsin feels like west coast is better fit for him the best thing would for him to go now. The downside is who will make the decision on the next coach?  Many seem to think out AD is dead man walking. 

I don't want him dead just gone.

31 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Hey Golf since you are an inside guy at AU 😊, tell the board we would be ok if we Just let the President and AD go. I’m thinking we promote Bruce to AD along with Basketball Coach. The kids at AU love him and he would be a perfect fit at AD. He knows what it takes to recruit and coach at the top level so I think he can hire like-minded coaches. We have seen dual AD/Coaches before. Can’t get any worse. 🤔

I have no problem with Bruce as AD

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Probably, and hopefully, Burgess. Of course, there's other factors like the boosters so who knows

40 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

41 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I like AG. Sure he has made mistakes but we need him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butthead said:

Maybe we could form a committee of former players and BOT puppets to hire the new coach.   What could go wrong with that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I like AG. Sure he has made mistakes but we need him.

Yeah would prefer someone not a good ole boy. I like Allen Greene. Think he's a fresh face to the SEC..I also like having a black man as AD and someone from who played sports and not from just the South. If he leaves I just hope we hire someone qualified.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Yeah would prefer someone not a good ole boy. I like Allen Greene. Think he's a fresh face to the SEC..I also like having a black man as AD and someone from who played sports and not from just the South. If he leaves I just hope we hire someone qualified.

I would put as “just as qualified”. And I agree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It he leaves after one year, it won’t matter who the replacement coach is. There are currently 3 college vacancies that are bigger jobs than us. We would be in a football wasteland for the foreseeable future. 

Hard to say. PM mentioned Lanning being floated as a replacement in that case, and I don't particularly hate that?

https://dawnofthedawg.com/2021/09/14/dan-lanning-great-coach-usc-doesnt-know/

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Hard to say. 

Even harder to believe. If he does that he is not the principled individual I believe him to be. I realize he left Ark.St but that was to go home.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Even harder to believe. If he does that he is not the principled individual I believe him to be. I realize he left Ark.St but that was to go home.

I wouldn't be sad if he left, but how do you sell to any university, team, recruit that you're a competitive coach if you leave Auburn and the SEC to go to Washington after 1 year?

6 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I wouldn't be sad if he left, but how do you sell to any university, team, recruit that you're a competitive coach if you leave Auburn and the SEC to go to Washington after 1 year?

6ae.png

*our, but yeah.

Edited by AUwent

27 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Hard to say. PM mentioned Lanning being floated as a replacement in that case, and I don't particularly hate that?

https://dawnofthedawg.com/2021/09/14/dan-lanning-great-coach-usc-doesnt-know/

Who?

Oh yeah. Dan Lanning. He did a hell of a job in the dairy section. I’m sure all the recruits and coaches in the SEC will be pumped.

Edited by Tiger Refuge