Boise fans (Harsin)

AUreo

There's too many cooks in the kitchen.  Bobo is a veteran OC, older than Harsin, and a former HC.  Mason is older than Harsin and a former HC.  Schmedding and Watts are both former west-coast DC's.  All of those guys having input probably just makes things confusing.  Not to mention Harsin has added his own stuff in the offense, so he isn't letting Bobo run it his way (at least not 100%).

I prefer a HC to bring in HIS guys and his system.  If that means no name coordinators, so be it.  I don't think this "chemistry experiment" type of stuff works.  If they have a big name but don't see eye to eye with the HC, what's the point?

All that said, it may not have been Harsin's choice.  There's a lot of smoke that the PTB told Harsin who he was going to hire at the coordinator positions (which is why people like Napier and Venables said "hell no.")  Kirby also rejected us in 2013 for the same reason.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

All that said, it may not have been Harsin's choice.  There's a lot of smoke that the PTB told Harsin who he was going to hire at the coordinator positions (which is why people like Napier and Venables said "hell no.")  Kirby also rejected us in 2013 for the same reason.

Are these the same people who said that Gus was told to start Bo? LMAO! I do not believe this conspiracy stuff. Napier wanted an unreasonable contract and was never interviewed. Venables apparently doesn't want a head coaching job. He'd passed up several before the Auburn job came open.

With Harsin coming from out west, it made good sense for him to hire assistants who know the southeast. What makes sense is normally what's correct.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Are these the same people who said that Gus was told to start Bo? LMAO! I do not believe this conspiracy stuff. Napier wanted an unreasonable contract and was never interviewed. Venables apparently doesn't want a head coaching job. He'd passed up several before the Auburn job came open.

With Harsin coming from out west, it made good sense for him to hire assistants who know the southeast. What makes sense is normally what's correct.

U got a point. Why take a job and can’t do u. He appears to be a no nonsense person so why would u agree to crazy terms like that. Did he really want out of Boise that bad where he had control to take a position that had stipulations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Idk what u are referring but from my personal observation of watching them play from a field view. Peterson had them on a different level. That’s my opinion. Far as record wise in the MWC u don’t have the coaching giants and win at all cost programs. Way less pressure to beat a Todd Graham Hawaii coached team vs a Saban, Kirby or Jimbo.

you said he was board and boards are normally made out of wood, so I asked walnut or maple?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

“Bored”

duh. you got wooshed. happens to the best of us.

Edited by Didba

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’ll take this kinda success at Auburn 

91CD3734-7CCE-4F6D-89DB-46537B4B98F2.jpeg

Lol, We’re about to be 6-6 with 4 losses in a row. Not to mention blowing a 25 point lead and a 14 point lead in back to back games. 

I know, I know blowing the 25 point lead was all Gus’s fault. Lol

• Like 2

You will always find fans who are disappointed in a coach.

Especially if that coach follows up the best coach they ever had- Chris Peterson.

You don’t have to look very hard to find negative people/ fans.

Lord knows it is pretty easy to find them on this board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Lol, We’re about to be 6-6 with 4 losses in a row. Not to mention blowing a 25 point lead and a 14 point lead in back to back games. 

I know, I know blowing the 25 point lead was all Gus’s fault. Lol

I don’t believe we lose to USCe if we have Bo and our kicker.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TJRanger175 said:

Especially if that coach follows up the best coach they ever had- Chris Peterson.

You watched our games this year and are positive about our direction? At least you’re optimistic I guess.

This proves more about the lunacy of of fans than it speaks to CBH. He won 10-11 games a year at Boise and they were still unhappy with him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJRanger175 said:

I've posted it multiple times, but CBH faced a significantly tougher SOS than his immediate predecessor did, and MUCH stronger SOS than Peterson. 

EDIT: Here's my post from January where I went back and compiled SOS. I had Peterson confused with Dan Hawkins, who's the guy that brought the program to national relevance. FYI, Hawkins faced something like a -4 SOS. 

..... Peterson faced a SOS of -3.3 on average (0.0 is average SOS for all of CFB, Gus faced a +6.06!) whereas Harsin faced a -1.48 SOS AND was short-handed his first three years due to probation (9 total schollies lost). Peterson went 8-5 his last year, Harsin turned around and went 12-2 the next year. Harsin gets an A- from me, but I'm not sure I saw an A+ coach on the market. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

You watched our games this year and are positive about our direction? At least you’re optimistic I guess.

I’m neither positive or negative.

you can say I am neutral.

It is too early to make a judgment.

• Like 5

Dye and Tuberville’s first years at AU were 5 win seasons. Saban’s first year at Bama he brought 10 years of Power 5 experience, 5 years in the SEC, a National Championship, and 2 years of NFL HC experience. He started 6-2, then lost his last four games. (Sound familiar?) Pete Carroll’s first year at USC he was 6-6. Dabo’s second year at Clemson he was 5-7. Go read his Wiki page and note the comments about the calls for his firing. Kiffin was 6-6 his first year at UT and 5-5 his first year at Ole Miss. No AU fan should be happy about the last few weeks, but history shows some patience and grace usually pays off with new coaches off to slow starts. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Dye and Tuberville’s first years at AU were 5 win seasons. Saban’s first year at Bama he brought 10 years of Power 5 experience, 5 years in the SEC, a National Championship, and 2 years of NFL HC experience. He started 6-2, then lost his last four games. (Sound familiar?) Pete Carroll’s first year at USC he was 6-6. Dabo’s second year at Clemson he was 5-7. Go read his Wiki page and note the comments about the calls for his firing. No AU fan should be happy about the last few weeks, but history shows some patience and grace usually pays off with new coaches off to slow starts. 

Context matters. Some of those were 15-20+ years ago. Most of us are very anxious about the program because the recruiting is trash. If Auburn were 6-6 with the #12 or #13 class in the country with some guys still on the fence I would feel much better. But that’s not the case. 

We’re currently being out recruited by BC and Rutgers on 247. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Dye and Tuberville’s first years at AU were 5 win seasons. Saban’s first year at Bama he brought 10 years of Power 5 experience, 5 years in the SEC, a National Championship, and 2 years of NFL HC experience. He started 6-2, then lost his last four games. (Sound familiar?) Pete Carroll’s first year at USC he was 6-6. Dabo’s second year at Clemson he was 5-7. Go read his Wiki page and note the comments about the calls for his firing. Kiffin was 6-6 his first year at UT and 5-5 his first year at Ole Miss. No AU fan should be happy about the last few weeks, but history shows some patience and grace usually pays off with new coaches off to slow starts. 

However they all had recruiting going for them. If Harsin can recruit WC difference makers to Auburn then it should be all good.

Interestingly, most Boise fans say that Harsin is a good recruiter but not a great developer of talent.

Edited by AUreo

6 minutes ago, AUreo said:

However they all had recruiting going for them. If Harsin can recruit WC difference makers to Auburn then it should be all good.

Interestingly, most Boise fans say that Harsin is a good recruiter but not a great developer of talent.

Interesting. Right now, it looks like it's the reverse. And All we have heard up to this reference is that Harsin did get more out of the low 3 star and lower guys by his sustained winning in his conference at Boise St.

This reference to what the Boise fans are saying seems contradictory...

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Context matters. Some of those were 15-20+ years ago. Most of us are very anxious about the program because the recruiting is trash. If Auburn were 6-6 with the #12 or #13 class in the country with some guys still on the fence I would feel much better. But that’s not the case. 

We’re currently being out recruited by BC and Rutgers on 247. 

I get it. Kiffin is a pretty current example though. I could be wrong but he was 5-5 last year, didn't have a top 12 class last year and we beat them head to head but we have people advocating firing Harsin for him and his recruiting class is ranked below us. Think of the original topic of this thread. We are disgusted with Harsin at 6-5. But Boise fans disliked him at 10 and 11 wins a year. Modern day sports fans cant be satisfied. 

And our average quality rating per recruit is 7th in the SEC. BC and Rutgers and lot of other schools are ahead of us because they have almost twice the amount of commitments. Our rankings will look much better after signing day. Theirs will not. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Kiffin has a top 10 team and a Heisman contender QB, yet is ranked below us in recruiting right now and yet some are calling for him to be our next coach. 

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Kiffin has a top 10 team and a Heisman contender QB, yet is ranked below us in recruiting right now and yet some are calling for him to be our next coach. 

No one with a brain bigger than a peanut believes he is going to be at Ole Miss next season. So there's that for starters

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t believe we lose to USCe if we have Bo and our kicker.

They didn't help last year.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I get it. Kiffin is a pretty current example though. I could be wrong but he was 5-5 last year, didn't have a top 12 class last year and we beat them head to head but we have people advocating firing Harsin for him and his recruiting class is ranked below us. Think of the original topic of this thread. We are disgusted with Harsin at 6-5. But Boise fans disliked him at 10 and 11 wins a year. Modern day sports fans cant be satisfied. 

I don’t expect a title each year. I expect a brand like Auburn to put a product out that doesn’t suck ass. Is that too much to ask for? Last 3 weeks have been a nightmare  

You really think Auburn would beat OM right now? I would take OM -10 on a neutral field against Auburn this weekend.