Boise fans (Harsin)

AUreo

13 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t believe we lose to USCe if we have Bo and our kicker.

LOL, did we have Bo and our kicker when we were up by 14 points? Did you know USCe’s QB was like their third or fourth string? Jimbo’s quarterback was his third string.

Lane Kiffin is going to finish second in the SEC West with walk on wide receivers. It’s coaching!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What does "Harsin is a stud" even mean?

It means the same as it does literally every time it's used in a non-equine conversation. It means "he's very good", smart a**.

2 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

I just want a competent game day coach that can recruit.  Am I asking for too much?

Let me be the HC for $200k per year.  All I'll do is recruit, do interviews, and game management decisons like not abandoning the run when its clearly working.

Otherwise coaches will call plays and have the room to do their jobs.  

I promise you, we'd win 10 a year at minimum.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, TigerHorn said:

I tend to automatically discount any comment that includes "stubborn". Anybody who has ever been great at anything will tell you it took stubbornness to get there. Oh sure, adaptability is a part of it, but it's 10 parts stubborn to one part adapt. Saban is as stubborn as it gets. He only reluctantly made changes on D to adapt to the HUNH, and simultaneously neutered it by being a big part of pushing through rules changes. The latter took a lot more stubborn than the former did adapting. You can say his O has evolved, but has it really? His foundation has always been a dominant OL, which makes any play called have a chance to look good. 

As for the rest, well it is ringing true this year. When I looked at CBH's record there, he did what he did against a significantly stronger SOS than any of his predecessors did. When that happens, it's easy to have 1 or 2 "inexplicable" losses per year, because the injuries and fatigue mounts without depth. What we've seen these past two weeks though were just flat out bad play calls combined with some highly questionable ref work. 

All that said, he'd better show us something in recruiting or on the field next year.......

How about rigidly stubborn? Stubbornly rigid? Stupid?

12 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

I just want a competent game day coach that can recruit.  Am I asking for too much?

At Auburn? Yes apparently.

• Haha 2

Guest MustardSeed

The Boise fan comments are extremely mild compared to what AU fans say about Gus so if we only go by this metric we’ve taken a big step up

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Let me be the HC for $200k per year.  All I'll do is recruit, do interviews, and game management decisons like not abandoning the run when its clearly working.

Otherwise coaches will call plays and have the room to do their jobs.  

I promise you, we'd win 10 a year at minimum.

I’m voting for a fire at will clause in your contract.