If you are disrespecting Tank Bigsby…

Dual-Threat Rigby

Yeah, he thought he had that 1st down when he was drug OOB. I thought he did too. He sometimes seems to lack the lower body strength of our better RBs through the years, but he's been a bright spot for us. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You are an absolute moron. Dude played for 5 quarters with all his heart, and never pouted as his impotent offensive line, passing game, and OC failed him time and time again. That man has had every reason to quit on Auburn for going on 2 years, and never has 

Yes, he could’ve gone down, but his heart drove him to think he could get the first. He got us 3rd and 2, which should imply an auto first down for most decent offenses in 2 tries. The down matters more than the clock there. If he squats down at say, 3rd and 5, statistics would say it’d be nearly impossible for us to get it with how abysmal we were throwing. 

Tank was the least of our worries. I’m so effing sick of our soft offensive line led by their soft center. We need to get some bullies up there. We have got to find a few decent lineman in the portal or we are in deep doodoo. 

• Like 3

Why does it have to be disrespect when ppl are just pointing out he made a mistake??

He should have gone down. He was trying for the 1st, which was commendable. But I bet he'd probably say he should have gone down.

All of the above can be true while still loving him and praying he comes back next year 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Yeah, he thought he had that 1st down when he was drug OOB. I thought he did too. He sometimes seems to lack the lower body strength of our better RBs through the years, but he's been a bright spot for us. 

Have we been watching the same Tank because lower body strength and balance is NOT an issue

• Like 1

It’s not disrespectful to say the best play was to stay inbounds.   58 minutes had already been played and Alabama had 3 points.   3!     The 3rd down run could have been better but Auburn hadn’t done anything all night.   Run a play make them use their final timeout and punt.   Perfect punt and they have go 97 yards in 40 seconds.   That’s how it should have been, but instead it’s 97 with 2 minutes.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Have we been watching the same Tank because lower body strength and balance is NOT an issue

Probably not the time to try to have a rational discussion, but straight ahead he seems to do as well as or better than some of our best. It's hits from the side that Barber, CAP, Johnson and others would run through that he seems to have more trouble with. Tonight, he got no help from the line on most of the plays. But WRT to that one key play, I think a lot of our better RBs through the years make the 1st. He very nearly did, and everyone including him thought he was going to get to the marker. 

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It’s not disrespectful to say the best play was to stay inbounds.   58 minutes had already been played and Alabama had 3 points.   3!     The 3rd down run could have been better but Auburn hadn’t done anything all night.   Run a play make them use their final timeout and punt.   Perfect punt and they have go 97 yards in 40 seconds.   That’s how it should have been, but instead it’s 97 with 2 minutes.   

Sure, but that is on the coaching staff, not Tank.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Sure, but that is on the coaching staff, not Tank.

Is it? Looked like he might have bounced the play. I don't think it was anyone's "fault", I just think they made a great play and we didn't. 

Him, Zakoby, and the two QB's have unreal heart. Not that others don't but they are on a different level. No one should "disrespect" him. I think it's more than fair to point out that mistake. I have massive respect for Tank and Jarquez for running as hard as they do behind a pathetic, soft, impotent OL. There's not enough words to describe it. I hope that the staff hits the portal hard and we somehow get lucky by running into some guys

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I feel like he was closer based on the jumbotron view I had. Maybe it looked different on TV. I still rather him do his best to get the first down and we end up on 3rd and 2 with TWO chances to get TWO yards than just kneel out and it’s self evident we’re going to run it again and punt. 

I guess I should also say that I think Bama would’ve scored in 40 seconds. 36 couldn’t stay with any Bama receiver and I believe McCreary already sustained his injury by that drive. 

10 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Gary Danielson really really wants Bryce Young's BBC

Weird.   Heisman autocorrected to BBC.  Don't even know what that means.  

Autocorrect knows all about Gary Danielson and his bbc cookies

Edited by jAUSon
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Aint mad at Tank at all.  Keep blitzing on D and I'm convinced we win in regulation.

We didn't have the legs at that point. TD was crushing it and the DL just ran out of gas.

• Like 4

I am proud of EVERY Auburn player tonight! They played with so much heart and toughness.  Y’all rag on the OLine, but their bodies take the most pounding and they are held together with spit, chewing gum and rubber bands.  Austin Troxell is literally taped from his head to his toes.  Yes, they could have been better, but I feel like this entire team was giving it everything they had. Even poor old Bo, scooting around on his scooter, and Poor old Anders, on crutches, we’re doing everything they could to support their teammates.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, e808 said:

Any piece of a drive once TJ got hurt. U didn’t have to even score . Just a few first downs to keep the clock moving and game over

Just run from the wildcat with Tank , hunter or shivers. We needed 2 yards on 3rd down to put the game away.. coaching lost this game period. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I am proud of EVERY Auburn player tonight! They played with so much heart and toughness.  Y’all rag on the OLine, but their bodies take the most pounding and they are held together with spit, chewing gum and rubber bands.  Austin Troxell is literally taped from his head to his toes.  Yes, they could have been better, but I feel like this entire team was giving it everything they had. Even poor old Bo, scooting around on his scooter, and Poor old Anders, on crutches, we’re doing everything they could to support their teammates.  

So true.  AU showed a lot of heart playing throughout, beginning to end.  Anybody predicted that the turds wouldn't cross the goal line before 59 minutes of this game?  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yes, he could’ve gone down, but his heart drove him to think he could get the first. He got us 3rd and 2, which should imply an auto first down for most decent offenses in 2 tries. The down matters more than the clock there. If he squats down at say, 3rd and 5, statistics would say it’d be nearly impossible for us to get it with how abysmal we were throwing. 

Love Tank and the effort, but he had to go down, he knows it too.   Not bad mouthing as he’ll come back stronger and better than ever.   Sometimes we learn lessons the hard way!

9 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Just run from the wildcat with Tank , hunter or shivers. We needed 2 yards on 3rd down to put the game away.. coaching lost this game period. 

So at that point do u pass on 3rd?   If Tank stayed in the answer is heck no, but I think u have to get the 1st at that point

Edited by lala