Harsin Leaving Impressions

autigeremt

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I’d be willing to bet Harbaugh has pissed off practically half of everyone at Michigan. He’s a little “unique”. I also don’t thing he applies here very well as Michigan will probably disappear again very soon. Probably a one hit wonder this year IMO. As for Frost a lot of folks have called for his head. No idea if he panders to boosters or not but his on field product surely pissed off some boosters

You sure about that? Didn't they just extend his contract earlier this year to 6 years or so?

Don't think it's a one hit wonder at all. Michigan has won a lot of ballgames in his tenure. They finally got over the hump this year. Sure, they've lost a lot of big games but he's won 60 since 2015 including only 2 last year during Covid. I don't even have to look up Auburn's record since 2015 I know it's worse.

Guest MustardSeed
16 minutes ago, woodford said:

You sure about that? Didn't they just extend his contract earlier this year to 6 years or so?

Don't think it's a one hit wonder at all. Michigan has won a lot of ballgames in his tenure. They finally got over the hump this year. Sure, they've lost a lot of big games but he's won 60 since 2015 including only 2 last year during Covid. I don't even have to look up Auburn's record since 2015 I know it's worse.

He’s averaging 9-4…before this year he was 3-3 against Michigan St and 0-5 against Ohio St.  Maybe he turned a corner but odds aren’t good. It took him 6 seasons to beat his rival once (7 total but last years game didn’t happen). I don’t think they’re firing him but his “unique” personality combined with losing a ton to OS surely pissed off some donors…

21 minutes ago, woodford said:

Of course it’s worse. That’s why we got a new coach.

On 11/29/2021 at 8:31 PM, Proud Tiger said:

I think  you have to spread any blame/criticism across the board IMHO. I think most of us agree on Bobo but I understand Bo Nix is pretty close with him. Bo was interviewed on JOX this morning and was asked about next year, with the question aimed primarily about his knee. Bo said we will just have to wait and see but then added, for some reason, "there's always the transfer portal." My heart sank at that. If we lose Bo we are really in deep trouble.

If the program depends on one player for success we are already in deep trouble. Bo needs to do what's right for him and AU will find someone that WANTS to play here.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 10:18 AM, japantiger said:

Rattler threw for the same # of TD's Bo did in half the games.  He completed 75% of his throws.

I know that the Big 12 or whatever they call themselves now has amazing defense but is that really comparable with strength of schedule? Additionally, I would wager their OL is a tad better than ours.

Edited by gman87

24 minutes ago, gman87 said:

If the program depends on one player for success we are already in deep trouble.

Bingo. This is why we weren't particularly good *with* him. We're just not a good football team right now. That's why we fired our coach last year and why we've already had two assistant coaches fired this year. 

It's only the Cam Newtons of the world that challenge this truth, and no matter how good or bad one thinks Bo Nix is, we all agree he's not Cam Newton.