Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

9 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

You want to fire a head coach after two years? 

How long SHOULD we give, in your opinion? Not being rhetorical just asking. I agree that two is too early.

33 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

True. It just seems he may be an unheard of guy with good O instincts. We need fresh thoughts from an OC. Bobo unfortunately didn’t update his play calling. Ultimately, I am sure Harsin goes w his guy, which is his right, but he better hope he can recruit and can bring PAC 10 offense to the SEC, which doesn’t necessarily translate very well all of the time. 

Just fyi Kittely has interest from at least 5 different schools not including us.

So now we are hoping for a Dell and Zach Kittley hire. You poor ba**ards are going to be so sad when the hire is announced and it’s a big stinky turd hire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We have the dumbest fans in sports or a bunch of dumbasses that spend a LOT of time trolling on here and other sites.

Edited by GAAubie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So now we are hoping for a Dell and Zach Kittley hire. You poor ba**ards are going to be so sad when the hire is announced and it’s a big stinky turd hire.

I don't think you're saying they would be, but just in case you are then I would not consider those to be stinky turd hires.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, tigers23 said:

I can't see anything Hill really would add. Would do nothing to improve recruiting and ran a boring, unproductive offense at ASU. Don't think someone with a different style than Harsin would necessarily be a bad thing. Saban totally changes his preferred style with Kiffin. Big reason they are still where they arq.

Well, Saban really had to get slapped in the face a couple years by “different” offenses before he learned that lesson. Obviously timelines are more sped up than they were 8-10 years ago, but it may not be a lesson Kiffin immediately learns, and I think it’s a mistake (if it were to end up being one) he should’ve been allowed to make last season. 
the more time progresses, the less I feel like he had real control over his offensive hires.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I don't think you're saying they would be, but just in case you are then I would not consider those to be stinky turd hires.

Nooo. Those are definitely the best two hires. But we aren’t exactly known for making splash hires. Getting one of them would be a shock. Getting both isn’t happening. I’m just saying when the guy is announced and everyone is frantically googling their resume, everyone will be sad.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Nooo. Those are definitely the best two hires. But we aren’t exactly known for making splash hires. Getting one of them would be a shock. Getting both isn’t happening. I’m just saying when the guy is announced and everyone is frantically googling their resume, everyone will be sad.

"Splash hire" is a tough term just because people have different definitions. I never expect us to get a Lincoln Riley sort of hire but obviously I think we should be capable of getting the level of hire that FL just made.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So true, it will be a nice JABA moment.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Hilltoppers play in the C-USA Championship Game tonight.  FYI

According to their stats they avg around 45-50 pass attempts per game and only 25 rushes.  Not exactly Auburn Football so maybe it can be tweaked to better suit our personnel if he ends up being our guy.  

58 minutes ago, AUwent said:

How long SHOULD we give, in your opinion? Not being rhetorical just asking. I agree that two is too early.

Minimum 3 years before we start to ask questions, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Tate says Craig is out. Gimmie Dell or the Hilltopper. Or both. 

I’ll take Grimes and the Hilltopper for the win 

26 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

If our recruiting doesn't pick up I'm not sure we can take more than three years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yes if the team ain't getting better. Absolutely

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Dunno…how many fired coaches can we afford to pay?🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

If we go 4-8, what then? If we go 6-6? If we go 8-4?

• Like 1

Just now, AUDevil said:

If we go 4-8, what then? If we go 6-6? If we go 8-4?

8-4 next year he should get at least four. Less, well, how's our recruiting going?

11 minutes ago, shabby said:

Yes if the team ain't getting better. Absolutely

It would have to be a total dumpster fire. Then again, Colorado State just fired Addazio after two years.

But I say this: if you are ever in a position to fire a coach that quickly for less than cause, you're definitely closer to perennially being a Colorado State than you are to being a UGA or Bama. You fire a coach after 2 years for anything less than him being caught at midfield greased up, naked, and standing in a stolen fighter jet while doing 6 pounds of blow off the back of Bevo, you probably won't like who's going to be lining up to replace him. That is not the habit you want to be in.

Edited by Auctoritas
Oxford commas now, then, and forever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1