Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

1 minute ago, saminbama said:

Geez.  Kittley looks like he should be studying for his learners permit.

30 yo.  That's pretty young for an SEC OC.  Judging from their stats, they avg 45+ pass attempts to 25 rush attempts.  It would be different.

5 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

It would have to be a total dumpster fire. Then again, Colorado State just fired Addazio after two years.

But I say this: if you are ever in a position to fire a coach that quickly for less than cause, you're definitely closer to perennially being a Colorado State than you are to being a UGA or Bama. You fire a coach after 2 years for anything less than him being caught at midfield greased up, naked and standing in a stolen fighter jet while doing 6 pounds of blow off the back of Bevo, you probably won't like who's going to be lining up to replace him. That is not the habit you want to be in.

Yeah you'd better be back to back years of 2-10. But I think if three years have gone by, we see no more than six wins a year and our recruiting hasn't at all cracked the top 20, I think it could be justified then.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

It would have to be a total dumpster fire. Then again, Colorado State just fired Addazio after two years.

But I say this: if you are ever in a position to fire a coach that quickly for less than cause, you're definitely closer to perennially being a Colorado State than you are to being a UGA or Bama. You fire a coach after 2 years for anything less than him being caught at midfield greased up, naked, and standing in a stolen fighter jet while doing 6 pounds of blow off the back of Bevo, you probably won't like who's going to be lining up to replace him. That is not the habit you want to be in.

You mean like Bobby Petrino at Arkansas?

Guest MustardSeed

Searching Twitter and it seems lots of fans calling for Kittley to come to their schools. His name is certainly the hot one for OC jobs ATM

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Searching Twitter and it seems lots of fans calling for Kittley to come to their schools. His name is certainly the hot one for OC jobs ATM

My guess is that we haven't shown interest in him and he's got other things to do. 

I suggest you prepare yourself for the usual JABA letdown and, if you haven't already, develop an expensive drinking habit. 

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

My guess is that we haven't shown interest in him and he's got other things to do. 

I suggest you prepare yourself for the usual JABA letdown and, if you haven't already, develop an expensive drinking habit. 

What are we considering expensive these days?

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

bth.gif.92eb74558463ccdf3b642e01afe63522.gif

• Haha 1

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

At least this OC already knows how it feels to call in spite of god awful receivers. Good grief 

Just imagine the numbers if they had top notch receivers though 😳

9 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

What are we considering expensive these days?

Dunno.  $100 a week?  Either 1 bottle of good stuff or as many cans as it takes to dull the pain.  

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

At least this OC already knows how it feels to call in spite of god awful receivers. Good grief 

1st and goal at the one degenerates into a 30 yd fg?   We already play that game.   How is this an upgrade?  

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Just fyi Kittely has interest from at least 5 different schools not including us.

Then that’s a good thing in my opinion.  Then again, I expect Harsin to go w another Boise guy he knows. It’s his ass on the line though. 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

1st and goal at the one degenerates into a 30 yd fg?   We already play that game.   How is this an upgrade?  

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

WKU had almost 200 yards in the first quarter…

And they’re on pace to score 52….

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, AURealist said:

They're losing.  

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hes not the head coach and has nothing to do with the defense

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Hes not the head coach and has nothing to do with the defense

Had to settle for 2 fgs while their opponents scored tds.   Maybe we should have picked up Traylor instead of Harsin?

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Had to settle for 2 fgs while their opponents scored tds.   Maybe we should have picked up Traylor instead of Harsin?

Well if we are gonna not choose a guy because he only scored 13 in a quarter then literally every single candidate is out. A “realist” should be more realistic

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Well if we are gonna not choose a guy because he only scored 13 in a quarter then literally every single candidate is out. A “realist” should be more realistic

Me?  You're the one fantasizing about a guy we haven't even approached for a job interview.   I'm just trying to keep you grounded so you aren't crushed when we announce Zak Hill as OC.  You should be thanking me.  😀