Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Odds are Harsin has interviewed a few guys and they are waiting to see if they can get better jobs for better HC’s before they accept. Lol

5 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Some of you need to get your blankie and go to your safe space! 

Some need to take a break for sure. I understand not wanting a certain candidate, but goodness this is pathetic 

• Like 2

Hill seemed to do a lot better with Rypien and Bachmeier than Jayden Daniels. That scares me because Nix is a running QB like Daniels. Not sure how similar they are as passers though so I'll have to watch. Hill and Geriner would probably be a great fit

2 hours ago, au3488 said:

Oh it won't, there are already problems in the locker room and the athletic department. So we are gonna suck, you might as well get used to it. We are about to be Tennessee and be the new Kentucky. But we can go ahead and start a new thread about who our new HC will be after next year. Also with the way things are going with Bball don't expect Bruce to be here next year either. Just prepare for a long miserable time of being an AU fan. 

Someone should tell you that trolling is an art, not a fart.

• Like 1

When this site was started, it was. high energy and optimism. Through the years, it has turned to heavy pessimism and doom for some. Don’t let your passion for Auburn get in the way of reasonable and level headed thought. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OB4AU said:

When this site was started, it was. high energy and optimism. Through the years, it has turned to heavy pessimism and doom for some. Don’t let your passion for Auburn get in the way of reasonable and level headed thought. 

Take a look at what events have transpired since this site was started. It’s like a Greek tragedy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OB4AU said:

Not sure if I can speak for this site when it was War Eagle Nation, but Auburn Eagle was started during the run up to a national championship. And a year after it merged to become this site, we almost won another.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

So how good the caliber of coach are we actually capable of getting? We should be able to get someone at least as good as Kiffin or Napier. We are NOT a worse job than Ole freaking Miss.

Bruh what? What has Kiffin or Napier accomplished that Harsin had not before we hired him? Harsin is our most accomplished coach we have ever hired on paper when it comes to what they did as a Head Coach before they got here. When we hired him he had won 4 conference title's and had five 10 win seasons. He had a streak of four straight 10 win season's. Yes Kiffin is a sexier and bigger name but Bryan Harsin is more accomplished than him as a Head Coach. Napier's offense's at ULL were very pedestrian. He did not put up big points in the Sun Belt. I doubt he does so in the SEC.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bruh what? What has Kiffin or Napier accomplished that Harsin had not before we hired him? Harsin is our most accomplished coach we have ever hired. Yes Kiffin is a sexier name but Bryan Harsin is more accomplished than him as a Head Coach. Napier's offense's at ULL were very pedestrian. He did not put up big points in the Sun Belt. I doubt he does so in the SEC.

'Crootin

(Yes, it's true that Ole Miss's rankings are surprisingly low, but they're likely going to land Arch next year--they're also back ahead of us.)

Edited by AUwent

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Bruh what? What has Kiffin or Napier accomplished that Harsin had not before we hired him? Harsin is our most accomplished coach we have ever hired. Yes Kiffin is a sexier name but Bryan Harsin is more accomplished than him as a Head Coach. Napier's offense's at ULL were very pedestrian. He did not put up big points in the Sun Belt. I doubt he does so in the SEC.

How in the hell can my brother @GwillMac6 come in hot to a thread after being quiet for so long…..and no gif? WTF?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Crootin

(Yes, it's true that Ole Miss's rankings are surprisingly low, but they're likely going to land Arch.)

Napier just like Harsin had the number 1 class in his conference. Why are you more confident on his recruiting abilities and not Harsin? Kiffin has not had a good recruiting class yet at Ole Miss. Which actually suprises me because he does have star power and a sexy offense and MS is a hotbed for talent. lol so your criteria for getting excited about one's recruiting ability now is landing 1 blue chip recruit? I am filing that one away. 

sharktank-mark-cuban.gif

office-ryan.gif

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

How in the hell can my brother @GwillMac6 come in hot to a thread after being quiet for so long…..and no gif? WTF?

I got you fam!!! 

thats-my-bad-sorry-about-that.gif

giphy.gif

• Love 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Napier just like Harsin had the number 1 class in his conference. Why are you more confident on his recruiting abilities and not Harsin? Kiffin has not had a good recruiting class yet at Ole Miss. Which actually suprises me because he does have star power and a sexy offense and MS is a hotbed for talent. lol so your criteria for getting excited about one's recruiting ability now is landing 1 blue chip recruit? I am filing that one away. 

sharktank-mark-cuban.gif

office-ryan.gif

Napier = southern connections.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

'Crootin

(Yes, it's true that Ole Miss's rankings are surprisingly low, but they're likely going to land Arch next year.)

...Auburn is most likely going to finish somewhere between 10-15 in recruiting class rankings. Considering the circumstances that is a damn fine job. What in the hell is wrong with you?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

...Auburn is most likely going to finish somewhere between 10-15 in recruiting class rankings. Considering the circumstances that is a damn fine job. What in the hell is wrong with you?

That would be a fantastic job, I agree. Would silence my critiques for the time being.

I'll just believe it when I see it.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Hill seemed to do a lot better with Rypien and Bachmeier than Jayden Daniels. That scares me because Nix is a running QB like Daniels. Not sure how similar they are as passers though so I'll have to watch. Hill and Geriner would probably be a great fit

Nix in the first half vs Mississippi State and Ole Miss is what we could get all the time if he had a good OL who gave him some adequate time consistently to where he can set his feet and fire away. He is a good QB. He has been hampered by a progressively worse OL each year at AU. WR's were not helpful at times either this season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nix in the first half vs Mississippi State and Ole Miss is what we could get all the time if he had a good OL who gave him some adequate time consistently to where he can set his feet and fire away. He is a good QB. He has been hampered by a progressively worse OL each year at AU. WR's were not helpful at times either this season. 

This o line was better than last years. Somehow it’s always  everyone but Bo’s fault for some of you. Maybe he just isn’t a good QB?

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

This o line was better than last years. Somehow it’s always  everyone but Bo’s fault for some of you. Maybe he just isn’t a good QB?

He is a good QB not a great QB. So yes he needs some help for things to go right. That is why he is just a good QB and not a Great QB.  The OL was better this year? I am sorry but  Did you miss the Miss St or GA ST game where we could not get any push in the running game? All the bad Bo games are the ones where he is frequently running for his life doing his best Brett Favre and Tony Romo impression. Not always are we going to be fortunate where guys break open like in the LSU game. OL did not play good at all that game in pass pro but he managed to backyard football it enough to break the curse.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is a good QB not a great QB. So yes he needs some help for things to go right. That is why he is just a good QB and not a Great QB.  The OL was better this year? I am sorry but  Did you miss the Miss St or GA ST game where we could not get any push in the running game? All the bad Bo games are the ones where he is frequently running for his life doing his best Brett Favre and Tony Romo impression. Not always are we going to be fortunate where guys break open like in the LSU game. OL did not play good at all that game in pass pro but he managed to backyard football it enough to break the curse.

They sold out to stop the run because Bo could not complete a pass downfield. It’s that simple 

Edited by AuburnTiger4Life
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

For instance, Mario C was our coach to be for two years and then took a right turn at the last minute. Did that make the “insider” info incorrect? Guess it just depends on perspective. 

I think if the general public knew all the big names that have come and gone through Auburn in the past decade being wined and dined for a job, we would all be shocked…and depressed. 

Wow.  Name names!  The curiosity is killing me.

But also, not sure I truly want to know.

At least we have Bruce Pearl.

Ah, the doom and gloomers.  I typically fall in the doom and gloom category, but I am not this time.  I am behind Harsin and will roll with what he wants.  He is the one making $5 million to make the decisions, not me or any of you.

My personal opinion is he figured out hiring from outside his clique was a mistake and I think he wants to go with what worked in the past. Hill had a good run at Boise and I doubt he will be worse than what we had.  Grimes probably was never gonna come after winning the Big-12.  Dude is at the top of many HC lists.  Even if he did come, he will be one and done.

Besides, we don't know for sure it's gonna be Hill. PM and MM have said it looks that way, but who knows.  If it is, I will be behind the hire.  Harsin knows what he's dealing with in the SEC.  I will trust his judgement.  That's what he's paid to do.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

Auburn will be lucky to have a top 40 class this year. what are you smoking?

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 2