Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep now I see the light. hill sucks. If we hire him we are Doomed. 
Also if Harsin can’t get him hired because our admin, we are screwed. 
Basically we are just screwed either way. 

The Auburn Fan Conundrum distilled to its essence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, OB4AU said:

When this site was started, it was. high energy and optimism. Through the years, it has turned to heavy pessimism and doom for some. Don’t let your passion for Auburn get in the way of reasonable and level headed thought. 

Pessimism is a trait of the weak. 

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Why not do the wild thing and just bring in the best coach. Who cares if he's an "Auburn man"

That’s too much to ask. We are such a cult sometimes lol. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, shabby said:

Auburn will be lucky to have a top 40 class this year. what are you smoking?

We are currently ranked 33rd and have been at 13 commits since mid season.   I've reviewed the "offers" listing as well.  Who do those predicting a top 10-15 finish think propels Auburn up 15-20 points?  Or,  Is it just a numbers game?  We'll end with 20 something bodies and that's enough?  Do you expect avg ranking to improve?  Big names?

I have not been optimistic about this year for the same reasons I wasn't last year; Harsin's time in the job and the need to build multi-year relationships.   

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Why not do the wild thing and just bring in the best coach. Who cares if he's an "Auburn man"

cease-your-heresy-warhammer.gif

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

image.gif.34ad8d69b13dabbff69af8e6e7ed0a0f.gif

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Napier just like Harsin had the number 1 class in his conference. Why are you more confident on his recruiting abilities and not Harsin? Kiffin has not had a good recruiting class yet at Ole Miss. Which actually suprises me because he does have star power and a sexy offense and MS is a hotbed for talent. lol so your criteria for getting excited about one's recruiting ability now is landing 1 blue chip recruit? I am filing that one away. 

sharktank-mark-cuban.gif

office-ryan.gif

Because Napier has recruited at Clemson, Florida State & Bama and had a lot of success doing so.  Napier is from Chatsworth, GA.  Played football at Furman.  He knows the Southeast as well as anyone.  That is why he will have more connections and more success recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

We are currently ranked 33rd and have been at 13 commits since mid season.   I've reviewed the "offers" listing as well.  Who do those predicting a top 10-15 finish think propels Auburn up 15-20 points?  Or,  Is it just a numbers game?  We'll end with 20 something bodies and that's enough?  Do you expect avg ranking to improve?  Big names?

I have not been optimistic about this year for the same reasons I wasn't last year; Harsin's time in the job and the need to build multi-year relationships.   

The actual recruiting Rank means nothing. 

We're always ranked 14th in SEC recruiting this time of year.

We get the 3* and coach 'em up! 

And, for the record, we're not really a 6-6 team because (*insert favorite 'what-ifs' here*)....

Also, I am Batman.  

I hope this comforts you and you can relax now and enjoy the coming Christmas season.

You're welcome. 🙂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Because Napier has recruited at Clemson, Florida State & Bama and had a lot of success doing so.  Napier is from Chatsworth, GA.  Played football at Furman.  He knows the Southeast as well as anyone.  That is why he will have more connections and more success recruiting.

Thinking about how Venables is likely OU's next coach, I would've taken either of them. It hurts a LITTLE less knowing that Napier was asking for more than we were willing, but still hurts nonetheless. Hopefully the thing about our PTB demanding their choice of coordinators ISN'T true, though--what other school does that?!

Edited by AUwent

7 minutes ago, AURealist said:

And, for the record, we're not really a 6-6 team because (*insert favorite 'what-ifs' here*)....

Also, I am Batman.  

I hope this comforts you and you can relax now and enjoy the coming Christmas season.

You're welcome. 🙂

Listen Bruce, maybe you should get out of the bat cave for a day or 2...you're a real bundle of joy this morning.  Gonna go out on a limb here and say you're not optimistic about this recruiting class landing in the top 20.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Also, I am Batman.  

You're welcome. 🙂

It can’t be fun being this miserable

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Listen Bruce, maybe you should get out of the bat cave for a day or 2...you're a real bundle of joy this morning.  Gonna go out on a limb here and say you're not optimistic about this recruiting class landing in the top 20.

Au contraire, mon ami!   

I'm totally optimistic that the coming splash hire of our new OC will bring a tsunami of 4* and 5* recruits.  I read it somewhere.  Or maybe heard it said by an insider.  Or something...

Now, where did I put those meds....

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

46 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Did you REALLY use Clemson as a example of why he will succeed at Florida?! Ughhh he got fired there. Clemson did not take off and become the Clemson that we know know until the year after Napier was OC.  And lol he was at Florida state for all of 1 month. He did recruit tahj Boyd so i will give you that. Unfortunately for him he never got to coach him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Anyone think this might be a Steele, Cristobal, Napier, .... Boom, It's a Harsin type of search/hire?

I have thought that the whole process. None of our media guys have sources in the program anymore besides the 15 minute convo MikeG had with Harsin after the iron boel, that left MikeG so impressed I think I saw a twinkle in his eye talking about eat Harsin told him.

These media guys are throwing brown stuff at the wall to see what sticks as to justify their continued employment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Facts, that was making me laugh last night in between coughing fits that woke me up at 2am. Hence, my middle of the night post railing against Craig being an Auburn man. If Craig is an Auburn man, so is Nick Saban.

54 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

It can’t be fun being this miserable

He thinks by being aloof and pessimistic about everything on here and by tearing down any optimism by other fans, he will be able to pretensiously say "I told you so", he's been okay at times in the thread but other times he's insufferable while thinking he's being "hilarious".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

We're very much in the conversation for multiple 4* guys and lead with a few.  Also worth noting that several teams above us have pretty much filled out their recruiting classes, so they objectively can't move up.

That's the reason there's optimism that this class finishes around 15-ish.

And 2023 looks like we may have a banger of a class.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

He thinks by being aloof and pessimistic about everything on here and by tearing down any optimism by other fans, he will be able to pretensiously say "I told you so", he's been okay at times in the thread but other times he's insufferable while thinking he's being "hilarious".

Not miserable.  Not aloof.  Not hoping to pretentiously say anything later.  Not even a pessimist by nature. 

I'm just frustrated that the Auburn Football is but a few bad decisions away from becoming Georgia Tech and yet so many seem cool with it. 

So I'm getting it out of my system.  

Why not consider blocking my posts?  The downvotes just make me laugh.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OB4AU said:

When this site was started, it was. high energy and optimism. Through the years, it has turned to heavy pessimism and doom for some. Don’t let your passion for Auburn get in the way of reasonable and level headed thought. 

You could literally track that to the football program’s timeline 

13 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Not miserable.  Not aloof.  Not hoping to pretentiously say anything later.  Not even a pessimist by nature. 

I'm just frustrated that the Auburn Football is but a few bad decisions away from becoming Georgia Tech and yet so many seem cool with it. 

So I'm getting it out of my system.  

Why not consider blocking my posts?  The downvotes just make me laugh.  

Oh I have done so long ago, but I still read them sometimes bc you are reasonable at times.

I think the "you getting it out if your system" is getting a little old at this point for some people. Like a dead horse met a meat mallet in a bar. 

And even if you don't intend to come across as the above adjectives I used, it is how you come across in your posts and clearly by others responses to them I am not yet only one that gets that vibe from them. Even if that isn't your intent.

Edited by Didba