Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

4 minutes ago, AURealist said:

In other news: Via The Football Scoop

Manny Diaz is out at Miami.

Mario Cristobal is (almost) in.  

Another school goes big and gets their man.  

Dude we are about to land Zak Hill! Why are you so down in the dumps? His name is spelled with a K and no C so you know he’s a stud!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/4/2021 at 10:04 AM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I heard an interview with Napier yesterday that put a few holes in the theory that Napier wanted more than Auburn was willing to give.  According to Napier, he decided  2 years ago that he would complete his contract at Louisiana.  He had a 4 year contract. He said that he had told recruits that he would complete the contract and that was why he had taken his name out of consideration for several jobs over the past 2 years. TIFWIW, but it at least came from his mouth.

Politicians and Football Coaches...

You would actually trust this?  That's rich

• Like 3

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude we are about to land Zak Hill! Why are you so down in the dumps? His name is spelled with a K and no C so you know he’s a stud!

You've got me all wrong. 

I'm just happy to see Miami get their guy so they can feel just a bit better about being absolutely in every way inferior to our coaching staff.  

Surely you jest, sir. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

It makes more sense that imaginary theories with nothing to back them up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

You've got me all wrong. 

I'm just happy to see Miami get their guy so they can feel just a bit better about being absolutely in every way inferior to our coaching staff.  

Surely you jest, sir. 

I’m glad that Auburn allows us to have these fun times, by continuously whiffing on proven coaches to take chances on people you have to google. They are thoughtful in that way. 

What’s even more fun is watching other schools give that our dream coaches opportunities. It does a great job of keeping us humble by being able to see those schools make alpha moves that big time programs make.

• Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, AURealist said:

In other news: Via The Football Scoop

Manny Diaz is out at Miami.

Mario Cristobal is (almost) in.  

Another school goes big and gets their man.  

Well Miami is clearly willing to pay a lot more for Christobal than we, who just fired a coach on a 7M/yr contract, were willing to shell out. Plus we offered him just before they backslid their way into the PAC12CG vs Miami who offered having just lost it  Also who knows what other PTB stipulations might've killed the conversation.

Can't "go get 'em" if you're also going to insist on handcuffing them. Just speculation of course...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just gotta ask, have you EVER watched an offense of his under Harsin at Boise?  Ever?

They really were not bad at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m glad that Auburn allows us to have these fun times, by continuously whiffing on proven coaches to take chances on people you have to google. They are thoughtful in that way. 

What’s even more fun is watching other schools give that our dream coaches opportunities. It does a great job of keeping us humble by being able to see those schools make alpha moves that big time programs make.

We do seem to do it all on purpose.  But we can't help ourselves.   We're givers.  

Here is what I don't understand. If we hired Chris Peterson would you want him to bring in an OC that wasn't aligned with his offensive philosophy?  Harsin is Chris Peterson's most successful protege. He has been highly successful at running the Peterson offensive approach which is by nature versatile. Yet is seems like many will be highly disappointed/confused if we go with Zak Hill or Eric Kiesau.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Yep, this is the story now bcause it makes him look good. Period. If it was true, he would have been saying this all along. It's just convenient now.

Edited by boisnumber1

3 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Just gotta ask, have you EVER watched an offense of his under Harsin at Boise?  Ever?

They really were not bad at all.

I’m not worried about the offensive scheme. But if we don’t have the horses to pull the wagon, the wagon won’t move. Zak Hill has no experience recruiting this area and quite frankly isn’t a good recruiter in the areas he’s familiar with. We need at least one guy running the offense to be someone southeastern recruits are familiar with and Harsin and Hill aren’t that guy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Is Zak Hill still the guy or have we moved on?

Word on the street is it’s a done deal that’s waiting on NCAA vetting of Hill.

But as you probably have figured out, word on the street doesn’t mean jack s**t in the Auburn media and insider game. So there’s a good chance that our offensive coordinator is some dude that coaches Boise High School football. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Well Miami is clearly willing to pay a lot more for Christobal than we, who just fired a coach on a 7M/yr contract, were willing to shell out. Plus we offered him just before they backslid their way into the PAC12CG vs Miami who offered having just lost it  Also who knows what other PTB stipulations might've killed the conversation.

Can't "go get 'em" if you're also going to insist on handcuffing them. Just speculation of course...

Well, if MC is dumping Oregon so quick to go to the sh*thole that is Miami, he would have done the same to us. Glad we didn't subject ourselves to him. He's still unproven as a HC. UO had the best talent by far in the PAC12 and he still lost games he had no business losing.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Is Zak Hill still the guy or have we moved on?

According to those that claim they know, he is. But who really knows. The only thing I've gathered from 49 pages here is that all of the whiners, bitchers, and complainers are out in full force, but not a single one has offered a truly feasible option at OC that is better than who they are complaining about. Seems to be the nature of it. I'm not sure there are any truly "great" options out there. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, WarEagle231 said:

Here is what I don't understand. If we hired Chris Peterson would you want him to bring in an OC that wasn't aligned with his offensive philosophy?  Harsin is Chris Peterson's most successful protege. He has been highly successful at running the Peterson offensive approach which is by nature versatile. Yet is seems like many will be highly disappointed/confused if we go with Zak Hill or Eric Kiesau.

If Harsin recruits the o line well, his offense will thrive. I want an OC that can run Harsin’s O. Not a hybrid but his O. If he hires Hill, that’s a good thing.

So I guess I’m in the minority.

If we can’t improve on the O line, his scheme will not work.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If Harsin recruits the o line well, his offense will thrive. I want an OC that can run Harsin’s O. Not a hybrid but his O. If he hires Hill, that’s a good thing.

I’m trying to be optimistic about it. But I look at Hill’s offense at ASU this season and it definitely doesn’t excite me 

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Bingo! That was Gus’s issue too. Those big chubby hog mollies really make or break a coach. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Word on the street is it’s a done deal that’s waiting on NCAA vetting of Hill.

But as you probably have figured out, word on the street doesn’t mean jack s**t in the Auburn media and insider game. So there’s a good chance that our offensive coordinator is some dude that coaches Boise High School football. 

You seem annoyed?

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m trying to be optimistic about it. But I look at Hill’s offense at ASU this season and it definitely doesn’t excite me 

Look at the BSU offense, if we can replicate that, we will win games 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m not worried about the offensive scheme. But if we don’t have the horses to pull the wagon, the wagon won’t move. Zak Hill has no experience recruiting this area and quite frankly isn’t a good recruiter in the areas he’s familiar with. We need at least one guy running the offense to be someone southeastern recruits are familiar with and Harsin and Hill aren’t that guy. 

That is fair.  

Experience comes with doing and building relationships.  If he is the guy, let's see what he can do.