Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

7 hours ago, japantiger said:

We are currently ranked 33rd and have been at 13 commits since mid season.   I've reviewed the "offers" listing as well.  Who do those predicting a top 10-15 finish think propels Auburn up 15-20 points?  Or,  Is it just a numbers game?  We'll end with 20 something bodies and that's enough?  Do you expect avg ranking to improve?  Big names?

I have not been optimistic about this year for the same reasons I wasn't last year; Harsin's time in the job and the need to build multi-year relationships.   

A lot of it is just the fact we only have 13 commits. More commits alone is going to bring it up some, but we are still in the running for several 4 star guys. 

A poster on TOS broke it down, but essentially if we were to end of signing all the remaining targets we are after we would end up around 10th IIRC. Of course that is not likely. If we close on the ones most people expect to us to we can still break 15th though.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Venable must just be skeered. Doesn't sound like HC material to me.

I heard Saban was retiring this year, Dabo is headed to bama, and BV will be leading Clemson.

….from the voices in my head.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I heard Saban was retiring this year, Dabo is headed to bama, and BV will be leading Clemson.

Must be many of them.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Congrats.  You're now an 'insider'.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Am I out of the loop or has it been pretty quiet today from the beat writers?

I believe they’re all pretty confident Hill is the guy but AU compliance dept is holding things up 

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Everything I’ve read suggest that Zak Hill has already been “hired” however he is being vetted by Auburn due to possible recruiting infractions while at ASU. Earliest they would have him cleared would be Monday. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Well we have been waiting for years for a good OC. A few more hours or days is not that big of a deal. Haha 

Guest MustardSeed
11 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well we have been waiting for years for a good OC. A few more hours or days is not that big of a deal. Haha 

Early signing day is in 10 days. Pretty huge deal in fact 

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Now CBS reporting OU hired Venables.

Football Scoop, too.

Another team does what it takes to get their guy...  

• Angry 1

Guest MustardSeed
27 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Football Scoop, too.

Another team does what it takes to get their guy...  

well we are doing whatever it takes to get Hill apparently 😂

Just now, woodford said:

A week without an OC right before signing day. Great look.

Do you want it fixed quickly or fixed right?  😂 🤣 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Omg that text message lolololol so bad

Good for them though. They might land Quinn Ewers.

So, 12/6 and Auburn still doesn't have an OC? Neat.

• Like 1

This board is funny in the sense that since nobody knows anything for the most part you hear a million conspiracy-lite excuses for things. So and so has been hired we’re just waiting Qanon style to announce it. We have a bunch of great recruits coming they’re all just gonna surprise announce on signing day and save the class. 

lt will be a huge victory nobody saw coming.

At this point I’m seeing more MyPillowGuy and less Trojan Horse against our rivals.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, woodford said:

Omg that text message lolololol so bad

Good for them though. They might land Quinn Ewers.

So, 12/6 and Auburn still doesn't have an OC? Neat.

I'm thinking there's no "might" about Ewers.  It'll be a shock to me if they don't land him.

14 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I'm thinking there's no "might" about Ewers.  It'll be a shock to me if they don't land him.

That kid kills me. Leaves HS early, makes a million dollars. Knows good and well he won't play at tOSU until 2024 and dips lol good for him I guess.

57 minutes ago, woodford said:

That kid kills me. Leaves HS early, makes a million dollars. Knows good and well he won't play at tOSU until 2024 and dips lol good for him I guess.

He had to leave early.  Took money and HS kids can’t receive money in Texas

23 hours ago, AUwent said:

Thinking about how Venables is likely OU's next coach, I would've taken either of them. It hurts a LITTLE less knowing that Napier was asking for more than we were willing, but still hurts nonetheless. Hopefully the thing about our PTB demanding their choice of coordinators ISN'T true, though--what other school does that?!

I heard an interview with Napier yesterday that put a few holes in the theory that Napier wanted more than Auburn was willing to give.  According to Napier, he decided  2 years ago that he would complete his contract at Louisiana.  He had a 4 year contract. He said that he had told recruits that he would complete the contract and that was why he had taken his name out of consideration for several jobs over the past 2 years. TIFWIW, but it at least came from his mouth.

• Haha 1

In other news: Via The Football Scoop

Manny Diaz is out at Miami.

Mario Cristobal is (almost) in.  

Another school goes big and gets their man.  

Edited by AURealist
  • Like 1