Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Auburn will be lucky to have a top 40 class this year. what are you smoking?

Are we placing bets?

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

I may be in the minority but I want to see Auburn return to a pro style offense that includes the I formation and 5 wide.  I want to see a power running game that can dominate a defense as well as drop bombs on the secondary.  I want an OC that will run a 12 play 7 minute drive but also can go fast if needed.  Am I asking too much?  I want the offenses that Alabama and UGA run that can beat you on several levels.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nix in the first half vs Mississippi State and Ole Miss is what we could get all the time if he had a good OL who gave him some adequate time consistently to where he can set his feet and fire away. He is a good QB. He has been hampered by a progressively worse OL each year at AU. WR's were not helpful at times either this season. 

I know. My concern is more with the OC's ability to adapt to Nix rather than Nix's skill set. Nix certainly showed improvement with his pocket presence and standing in, but imo his legs and athleticism are bigger strengths than his arm talent. That is not a bad thing at all, it is what he has been blessed with. But  imo it was a bad marriage with Bobo because Bobo wanted him to play like a traditional pocket quarterback rather than adapt to Bo's skillset. 

Hopefully Harsin realized that and demands that they do a better job if Bo does come back. We can absolutely win with Nix next year if Harsin and the OC are smart enough to adapt better until we get the OL, WR, and QB that fit the Boise system. I just don't know if they will, which is why I would understand if both Harsin and Nix decide its best to move on

• Like 3

I don't think CDC has ever been a full-fledged OC. We at least need an upgrade if we fire our current OC.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Literally it might be the NCAA saving our butts 😂. We can only hope…HOWEVER…if Hill was #1 I’m terrified to see who #2 is

hmmm..... I know it's been reported that ASU has had NCAA issues regarding recruiting but Hill's name has never been mentioned publicly as being linked to any violations. ASU put 3 assistants coaches on administrative leave earlier this year. DB coach Chris Hawkins, WR coach Prentice Gill, and TE coach Adam Brenemen. The recruiting coordinator at ASU is Antonio Pierce, who is also the DC. 

I can't read the article since it's VIP and I don't subscribe to any pay site. Perhaps the compliance department is being overly cautious and they're still reviewing any issues with Hill. Just because it's hit a 'snag' does that mean he's been taken out of the running? Until there's public confirmation that someone else is the leading candidate, I'm going to assume Hill is still in play.

1 minute ago, autan said:

I don't think CDC has ever been a full-fledged OC. We at least need an upgrade if we fire our current OC.

If we are going for the best recruiter as the hire though I rather finally bring Dell McGee back home for a on field role. It is long over due. He would help our biggest recruiting need which is a ace on the trail in Georgia. We can take chances on a guy who has never called plays in his career with a offensive minded Head Coach.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, autan said:

To me I think it would be a upgrade.. Recruiting is biggest upgrade.. and he is a Auburn man.. he could call plays working with C Harsin.. I think it would work.. may be wrong

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we are going for the best recruiter as the hire though I rather finally bring Dell McGee back home for a on field role. It is long over due. He would help our biggest recruiting need which is a ace on the trail in Georgia. We can take chances on a guy who has never called plays in his career with a offensive minded Head Coach.

Dell McGee would be ok with me but we already have C Caddy.. I feel like CDC would bring some excitement to the recruiting.. And he knows how to call plays.. former Qb on all levels and former co- offensive coordinator/ receivers coach..

Wasn’t Gus good at recruiting and we complained he was to predictable on offense? Had a very good recruiting staff they just had a poor plan of who they needed to take at times. Now we want a recruiter as OC and we are not concerned about play calling or development.

If you want to go all out with a recruiter, should it not be a position coach? The OC would have more responsibility than being a lead recruiter. Not that he should not at least be serviceable but his offense is a selling point. Also gives CH time to recruit himself. 

• Like 5

Recruiting is most important.. We need to bring a Auburn man in.. we have a head coach that has offense already installed. Dont need to change the playbook.. The offense system wasn't the problem. Bobo was not a good play caller and even worse recruiter.. And CDC knows how to develop players and he is great recruiter.. CDC would be immediate upgrade

Edited by auburnfaithful72

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I may be in the minority but I want to see Auburn return to a pro style offense that includes the I formation and 5 wide.  I want to see a power running game that can dominate a defense as well as drop bombs on the secondary.  I want an OC that will run a 12 play 7 minute drive but also can go fast if needed.  Am I asking too much?  I want the offenses that Alabama and UGA run that can beat you on several levels.

Alabama doesn't run a pro-style. They're every bit as pass oriented and tempo driven as a Big 12 team.

What you're describing is UGA's offense. Didn't look so hot today. Not sure it can survive in modern football.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

To me I think it would be a upgrade.. Recruiting is biggest upgrade.. and he is a Auburn man.. he could call plays working with C Harsin.. I think it would work.. may be wrong

He is not an Auburn man. He has drug auburn's name through the mud many times recruiting for other schools. Negative recruiting is part of the game but you can normally do it without throwing your Alma mater in the dirt. DC is after one thing. Money. He's bad news plus never called plays. Glorified recruiter nothing else.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

On 12/1/2021 at 5:30 PM, steeleagle said:

So do all the following OC possible choices seem a better fit and provide a better option than Bobo to you guys?

Kiseau

Wells

Hill

Ludwig

Harrell

Don't get the love for Craig, yes he us a former player and is good at recruiting but his WRs sucked while he was here

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

My friend, Alabama runs an offense much closer to Air Raid than what you just described.

You just described Iowa's offense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

That will get you a penalty for having too many men on the field

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Pat Fossum said:

...Auburn is most likely going to finish somewhere between 10-15 in recruiting class rankings. Considering the circumstances that is a damn fine job. What in the hell is wrong with you?

He has hated the Harsin hire since day one.  He needs balloons and sparkles on his hires.   Some call it small weiner syndrome.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Anyone think this might be a Steele, Cristobal, Napier, .... Boom, It's a Harsin type of search/hire?

I think it's gonna be one that hasnt been on any list🤞 but yes if it's the one I'm thinking of it will be a boom. 😁 Atleast in my eyes. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He has hated the Harsin hire since day one.  He needs balloons and sparkles on his hires.   Some call it small weiner syndrome.

accepted-my-weiner.gif

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

And CDC knows how to develop players and he is great recruiter.

He can recruit very well. His player development is below average. The weakest link on offense for TAMU is the WR corps and their drops/route running. That’s DCs position group. 

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

I think it's gonna be one that hasnt been on any list🤞 but yes if it's the one I'm thinking of it will be a boom. 😁 Atleast in my eyes. 

Whoever it is I'm ready to get the hand-wringing over with and get the gnashing of teeth underway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, shabby said:

Auburn will be lucky to have a top 40 class this year. what are you smoking?

You want to know how I know that you do not follow recruiting?

Say you don't follow recruiting without saying you don't follow recruiting.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1