Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

18 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’m trying to be optimistic about it. But I look at Hill’s offense at ASU this season and it definitely doesn’t excite me 

Might have been greatly influenced by the HC.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tigercowboy1971 said:

Seems like everybody wants the big name HC or OC.....Jim Harbaugh would have been that guy several years ago and he had not delivered up until this year....I think you have to be patient and let some things play out...even the great new upcoming Kirby Smart (that people still talk about Auburn not "landing" has only won 1 SEC championship, with a loss to Auburn in the regular season, since he has been there.  

Also I don't Harsin doesn't know how to run a successful program or build a culture....He does need to recruit the O-line hard and build some relationships in our areas but I believe he knows that as well....the guy isn't stupid and seems to have good selfawareness about himself and the team...here is a offensive highlight of 8-1 Boise team that was ranked as high 14th in 2019....looks like he and Zac Hill can make somethings happen with the right personnel.....People need to chill and quick looking at the neighbors toys and thinking it's always better over there.

<iframe src='//players.brightcove.net/5994000126001/hteEMsKZ2_default/index.html?videoId=6105149247001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

I agree. Well said. I need to take time myself to step back. Let what is gonna happen happen and carry on with life

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tigercowboy1971 said:

Seems like everybody wants the big name HC or OC.....Jim Harbaugh would have been that guy several years ago and he had not delivered up until this year....I think you have to be patient and let some things play out...even the great new upcoming Kirby Smart (that people still talk about Auburn not "landing" has only won 1 SEC championship, with a loss to Auburn in the regular season, since he has been there.  

Also I don't Harsin doesn't know how to run a successful program or build a culture....He does need to recruit the O-line hard and build some relationships in our areas but I believe he knows that as well....the guy isn't stupid and seems to have good selfawareness about himself and the team...here is a offensive highlight of 8-1 Boise team that was ranked as high 14th in 2019....looks like he and Zac Hill can make somethings happen with the right personnel.....People need to chill and quick looking at the neighbors toys and thinking it's always better over there.

<iframe src='//players.brightcove.net/5994000126001/hteEMsKZ2_default/index.html?videoId=6105149247001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

Recruiting is a huge need. How does this potential hire impact that? Harsin's staff (mostly) lacks the connections with coaches and players in the area. That's my problem with bringing in another "outsider" to the staff. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tigercowboy1971 said:

A lot is remedied by getting the jimmies and joes. That won't ever change. I am more concerned about that. Who the OC is will affect that, but I'm not certain how much. But it doesn't matter who the OC is if we do not have an OL that can block anything other than air.

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Well, if MC is dumping Oregon so quick to go to the sh*thole that is Miami, he would have done the same to us. Glad we didn't subject ourselves to him. He's still unproven as a HC. UO had the best talent by far in the PAC12 and he still lost games he had no business losing.

I got that feeling too.  That's home for him, and his ailing mother included. 

• Like 1

Sounds 100% like Zak Hill is the guy once he clears whatever compliance issue they're checking on before bringing him over to the program. Not excited but not upset. Just kinda meh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sounds 100% like Zak Hill is the guy once he clears whatever compliance issue they're checking on before bringing him over to the program. Not excited but not upset. Just kinda meh.

Pretty good summation of my thoughts.   I’m trying to think of the last time I was anything but “meh” over an AU football hire.    It really makes me marvel at how in the world we lucked up and got Bruce to coach our BB team!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Pretty good summation of my thoughts.   I’m trying to think of the last time I was anything but “meh” over an AU football hire.    It really makes me marvel at how in the world we lucked up and got Bruce to coach our BB team!

Bruce was still damaged goods when Auburn got him at a fire sale. He had the NCAA cloud hanging over him. He still was under the three-year show-cause penalty when Auburn hired him.

Edited by JTFazz

43 minutes ago, shabby said:

Recruiting is a huge need. How does this potential hire impact that? Harsin's staff (mostly) lacks the connections with coaches and players in the area. That's my problem with bringing in another "outsider" to the staff. 

There is a ton of great talent down here in the south. We’ve got some guys who can recruit down here until the Boise guys get established in this new territory. On the other hand, why can people not see the positives of having recruiters on the staff who can go get the guys out west that we usually don’t go after?

We’ve expanded our footprint. The coaches will also continue to build relationships down south moving forward. This is a good thing. Auburn, historically, is not pulling a player like Clemons from Oregon/West Coast. This staff very well might do that. They are closing in.

• Like 5

Bring in David Cutcliff to get a package deal on Arch Manning?

Of course, with Auburn luck we'd ruin him and be forever on the Manning s-list.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tigercowboy1971 said:

even the great new upcoming Kirby Smart (that people still talk about Auburn not "landing" has only won 1 SEC championship, with a loss to Auburn in the regular season, since he has been there.  

I don't disagree with your main point, but I gotta nitpick here. Dude has won 11 or more games 4 of his 6 years. The only exceptions were his first year and the Covid-shortened year. He's finished in the top 10 every year except his first. He's 1 miracle play away from a national championship and in all likelihood will be playing for another this year. And, while yes he has 1 loss to Auburn, he's also got 6 wins against us. He's got the 2nd most dominant and consistent program in the country would probably tops if not for having the GOAT still operating at peak capacity in his conference. I'd be surprised if you could get a full 1% of uga fans to say they have doubts about him. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

There is a ton of great talent down here in the south. We’ve got some guys who can recruit down here until the Boise guys get established in this new territory. On the other hand, why can people not see the positives of having recruiters on the staff who can go get the guys out west that we usually don’t go after?

We’ve expanded our footprint. The coaches will also continue to build relationships down south moving forward. This is a good thing. Auburn, historically, is not pulling a player like Clemons from Oregon/West Coast. This staff very well might do that. They are closing in.

I don't disagree with that as a concept but as an actuality has Hill proven himself a strong recruiter. someone that can bring recruits across the nation? I'm looking for information for how he did at Arizona State as a recruiter and all I see is that he wasn't one of their top 3 recruiters. And of course the investigation into recruiting violation brings concerns. 

24 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So what if Hill isn’t cleared?…………….

Back up and try again with more speed?

No?

I'll see myself out.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
....because editing.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

If these guys couldn't recruit, you wouldn't have anywhere near the buzz that 2023 has going for it right now.

I just can't help but laugh at how we are all Chicken Little, but then again, we have been burned by the last two coaches...

Patience, my Padawan...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shabby said:

I don't disagree with that as a concept but as an actuality has Hill proven himself a strong recruiter. someone that can bring recruits across the nation? I'm looking for information for how he did at Arizona State as a recruiter and all I see is that he wasn't one of their top 3 recruiters. And of course the investigation into recruiting violation brings concerns. 

Well, he has been there two years.  Give it some research.

Getting Bachmeier...that tells me a LOT

9 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So what if Hill isn’t cleared?…………….

I was coming on to mention that fact.  I believe the longer this goes on it might be indication that Hill is having problems with the vetting. Just speculating but I belive that if Hill is having problems we could have a wait because I think they may have to start at square 1 and again interviewing again.

28 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Back up and try again with more speed?

No?

I'll see myself out.

Aw hell, 'Fuge, you're just making your way the only way you know how.

Animated GIF - Find &amp; Share on GIPHY | Dukes of hazard, The dukes of hazzard,  Giphy

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

Fire up the rumor mill.  Now people are saying Oregon is going after Harsin.  😎

Been waiting for that rumor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1