Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

10 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Guy on reddit saying Hill failed compliance. What exactly does the NCAA look for with these coaching hires?

Also, by no means claiming reddit should be a reliable source, but it was BigWhiskey that used to post here.

If Hill was rejected it would be by the Auburn compliance office not the NCAA. And i don't know what they look for....potential pending infractions i guess. Az St was in some hot water and fired a few coaches for violations prior to this season. Maybe Hill got caught up with that? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Guy on reddit saying Hill failed compliance. What exactly does the NCAA look for with these coaching hires?

Also, by no means claiming reddit should be a reliable source, but it was BigWhiskey that used to post here.

That’s funny. A coach fails compliance?

can’t make this stuff up any better. 

unless Hill had a NCAA issue in the past this doesn’t jive. And any past ghosts would have already been known by fans. 

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That’s funny. A coach fails compliance?

can’t make this stuff up any better. 

unless Hill had a NCAA issue in the past this doesn’t jive. And any past ghosts would have already been known by fans. 

ASU is under investigation now for recruiting violations so it may be that the compliance department sees it as too risky to hire anybody from there right now. kind of crazy how the top teams pull so many 5 stars every year but a team like ASU gets investigated. I guess that is the way it always has been but college football just feels like trash now. 

Edited by nurbis
  • Like 1

ASU was sneaking in recruits during the COVID dead period. According to some articles I've read, they may have done this with up to 30 recruits. I do not believe Hill is implicated even though some assistant coaches and staff were placed on leave.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, nurbis said:

ASU is under investigation now for recruiting violations so it may be that the compliance department sees it as too risky to hire anybody from there right now. kind of crazy how the top teams pull so many 5 stars every year but a team like ASU gets investigated. I guess that is the way it always has been but college football just feels like trash now. 

Exactly. In the big scheme of things, ASU probably runs one of the cleaner programs in the country, but the NCAA brings great wrath and fury down on schools like that while allowing others to get away with new cars, huge cash, and moving families across country for jobs. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Exactly. In the big scheme of things, ASU probably runs one of the cleaner programs in the country, but the NCAA brings great wrath and fury down on schools like that while allowing others to get away with new cars, huge cash, and moving families across country for jobs. 

Nothing to see here Roh Tie Roh.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Yeah, I think the wind changed in the late  90's when they started uncovering all the dirt on bama.  Shortly after they lost a bunch of scholarships, the $150,000 payment to Albert Means came to light and  also tarnished the blue blood program and parity was now creeping into the SEC.   The TV execs and NCAA have been running things since to protect ratings and revenue...

If you call me a conspiracy theorist, just convince me I am wrong.   But as you do, consider the timeline on how the smear campaign on Cam Newton unfolded and how it peaked right before we played bama.    Kinda went away right after didn't it?

So no, I don't consider it "crazy" how the blue bloods get the 5* kids year after year and never get punished.  

Also, I think Venables was talking about scheduling in the SEC and the blue blood recruiting practices used against Auburn when he used the word "alignment" and Auburn yesterday, not all the theories going around about JABA.   That makes more sense to me.  

• Like 6

First of all, you have to laugh at the fact we were going after an OC that no one else was going after, but we still lost out because of some random compliance issue!🤣🤣🤣

Secondly, I don’t think the rec would flex their muscles on us trying to get CZH.   I think they would welcome that.   This is more of a JABA thing than it is a rec thing, IMHO.  

Now, my hope is that we accidentally stumble across a brilliant OC that develops an offense that breaks all the records and leads us to multiple championships.   😁🤷‍♂️😎

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

If I start hearing rumors that Al Borges is in town, I'm going to cry.  

Al Borges you say? Don't threaten me with a good time 😘

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He is 

Will he let Bo Nix cook? And will he be having fun?

44 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that a family with two stud quarterbacks didn't move all the way from Hawaii to beautiful Birmingham Alabama in good faith? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Joe Brady has started that young NFL guy trend. LSU turned to Jake Peetz last year. I think it would be really intriguing. Either a great move or a complete disaster. Him being an ex NFL QB plus an NFL QB coach would certainly help on the trail imo. Plus he's from MS. so that helps

Austin Davis would be an exciting hire. He would probably also be a good recruiter (super young, NFL clout).

There is a very real and noticeable trend with young offensive coaches getting elevated quickly for these roles. It's not just Joe Brady and Jake Peetz, but also Liam Coen at Kentucky. They hired him away from the LA Rams where he was just the Assistant QB Coach. He is also the primary recruiter on one of their best commits: 4* WR Barion Brown.

The same thing is happening in the NFL where there is a push to find the next Sean McVay.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

Austin Davis would be an exciting hire. He would probably also be a good recruiter (super young, NFL clout).

There is a very real and noticeable trend with young offensive coaches getting elevated quickly for these roles. It's not just Joe Brady and Jake Peetz, but also Liam Coen at Kentucky. They hired him away from the LA Rams where he was just the Assistant QB Coach. He is also the primary recruiter on one of their best commits: 4* WR Barion Brown.

The same thing is happening in the NFL where there is a push to find the next Sean McVay.

I’m a little skeptical that a guy that has never called plays would light it up on the recruiting trail. I hope you’re right though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

As off the wall and out there as it is, I feel like this guy does have a higher upside, for the reasons you stated. I worry about his play calling inexperience though. Maybe Harsin is trying to go the Co-OC with Keisau with a passing game coordinator route like LSU did. If that’s the case, I like it. 

• Like 2