Bo Nix On Future at Auburn: "I’m Not Sure"

IronMan70

Listening to his J-boy interview the other day, some of his issues make sense now. He's so much of an AU fan that he has trouble separating that on the field sometimes. Nice  and humble kid off the field, but on it he plays with a ton of emotion. It's great when its going good, but really bad when things aren't clicking, because he wants it that bad. 

Maybe going somewhere where he's less emotionally invested, can detach himself, and just operate as a QB will be beneficial for him. He's improved a lot, but he needs to raise his lows to take the next step imo

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, au302 said:

Listening to his J-boy interview the other day, some of his issues make sense now. He's so much of an AU fan that he has trouble separating that on the field sometimes. Nice  and humble kid off the field, but on it he plays with a ton of emotion. It's great when its going good, but really bad when things aren't clicking, because he wants it that bad. 

Maybe going somewhere where he's less emotionally invested, can detach himself, and just operate as a QB will be beneficial for him. He's improved a lot, but he needs to raise his lows to take the next step imo

How do we know Bo loves Auburn more than the other players? When did we all decide this? 

I'm sure every player desperately wants to play well, for a host of reasons. Bo shows a lack of composure at times, which is not a good look for a QB or any leader. He can mature and improve, but it won't be because he's on another team. 

• Like 3

I’ve gotten to the point that I just don’t care whether Bo stays or goes.  That said, I do think it was crappy of him to state “there’s always the transfer portal.”  That is extremely poor leadership on his part. And quite telling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbo said:

How do we know Bo loves Auburn more than the other players? When did we all decide this? 

I'm sure every player desperately wants to play well, for a host of reasons. Bo shows a lack of composure at times, which is not a good look for a QB or any leader. He can mature and improve, but it won't be because he's on another team. 

I hate the notion that the other players don't love it and only he does. I'm just saying that the dude grew up a huge fan of the school, probably more so than most if not all of the guys. He even said in his interview that growing up when we lost he'd be completely miserable, so I can see how that personal nature of it plays in at times.

We need the QB to be more stoic, like a Harsin or Stidham, and operate calmly and efficiently. Playing with emotion is fine when it's in check

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I know JBoy is just trolling but I wouldnt mind Rattler coming in, he was the Top QB his year and the skills are there.  Kid can play just need some coaching.  Would be an upgrade over Finley.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AubieinNC2009 said:

I know JBoy is just trolling but I wouldnt mind Rattler coming in, he was the Top QB his year and the skills are there.  Kid can play just need some coaching.  Would be an upgrade over Finley.

Rattler is "Bo Nix hold my beer".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Rattler is "Bo Nix hold my beer".

If you mean completing 75% of his passes, then yes.   SR would be an instant upgrade over Bo

3 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

I’ve gotten to the point that I just don’t care whether Bo stays or goes.  That said, I do think it was crappy of him to state “there’s always the transfer portal.”  That is extremely poor leadership on his part. And quite telling. 

I can see both sides. On one side he appears to be getting out while he has a chance. On the other side he sees an OL that is more offensive  than off-ensive. They say everything starts up front. Regarding Auburn's it OL that's where things generally stop.

53 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

You should see all the people on twitter literally begging him to stay. You’d think he was actually a heisman candidate or something. Shameful 

It's because of TJ's performance. They're panicking because of the possibility of a full season under Finley. Thus, the only logical thing to apparently do is run back to Bo and beg.

That's almost like saying because Harsin had a rough go we should go back to Gus. Granted, Bo is a better QB than Gus is a coach, but people don't seem to realize there are good QB's in the portal that are just as good if not better

The funny part to me is some of these folks are probably some of the same ones to call for Bo to transfer after Ga. State, and they will be the first to go crazy when he has a bad game next year. Our fan base wants it both ways. I suppose we're all guilty of that at times

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

It's because of TJ's performance. They're panicking because of the possibility of a full season under Finley. Thus, the only logical thing to apparently do is run back to Bo and beg.

That's almost like saying because Harsin had a rough go we should go back to Gus. Granted, Bo is a better QB than Gus is a coach, but people don't seem to realize there are good QB's in the portal that are just as good if not better

The funny part to me is some of these folks are probably some of the same ones to call for Bo to transfer after Ga. State, and they will be the first to go crazy when he has a bad game next year. Our fan base wants it both ways. I suppose we're all guilty of that at times

Harsin ain't going back to anyone to beg. That certainly not his style.

And I don't believe anyone wants to beg Bo.

If he stays fine, maybe he will continue to imrprove his passing game under Harsin.

p.s I want nothing to do with Rattler. If he can get benched in an offensive/no defensive conference like the Big 12, then he isn't going to excel in the SEC against those defenses....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cbo said:

F1BD9340-5D1F-4DDC-8949-DBAADA575744.gif

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Harsin ain't going back to anyone to beg. That certainly not his style.

And I don't believe anyone wants to beg Bo.

If he stays fine, maybe he will continue to imrprove his passing game under Harsin.

p.s I want nothing to do with Rattler. If he can get benched in an offensive/no defensive conference like the Big 12, then he isn't going to excel in the SEC against those defenses....

Oh I'm not worried about Harsin. In fact, I'm not convinced that he's not looking to go full overhaul and bring in his OC, his QB, his receivers, etc. Just a lot of fans saying we need to beg Bo, open letters, just really pathetic.

In terms of Rattler, I'll trust Harsin and the OC on that one. I don't think he's a bad player at all, but highly doubt he's an option. I'm guessing we grab a prototypical Harsin QB that has experience.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, au302 said:

Oh I'm not worried about Harsin. In fact, I'm not convinced that he's not looking to go full overhaul and bring in his OC, his QB, his receivers, etc. Just a lot of fans saying we need to beg Bo, open letters, just really pathetic.

Totally agree with this. It’s everyday. Auburn fans and Bo himself needs to stop making a spectacle of this. Move on or don’t. 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

No other player has made this big show of transfer or don’t transfer. Wish he’d just do what he’s going to do and get it over with. Auburn and Bo will be fine either way. 

What big show has he actually made?  

Guest MustardSeed

I know this may sound C R A Z Y…

BUT…

PERHAPS…

Bo is actually waiting to find out who his OC is gonna be before making a decision so he can actually make an informed decision….
I know I know. Don’t shoot the crazy messenger. I’ll show myself out 😂

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I know this may sound C R A Z Y…

BUT…

PERHAPS…

Bo is actually waiting to find out who his OC is gonna be before making a decision so he can actually make an informed decision….
I know I know. Don’t shoot the crazy messenger. I’ll show myself out 😂

Nah, not crazy.  It's also only been 3 weeks or so since his surgery.  He could be waiting to see how he heals too.  But I agree the timing is right if he ever wanted to make a change -- played 3 seasons, graduates early, new OC, revamped OL.  If he goes, I wish him well.  If he stays, get yur ass back in the weight room & start preparing for next season.  

7 hours ago, cbo said:

Agreed. Not sure he is as big a team player as he is portrayed. No doubt he loves AU, but his father was not a selfish player and that may be why he was successful during a tough time in AU football. I just wonder.