Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Didn’t see it, just heard it on Southern Sports radio show, so definitely could have heard wrong. It’s why I posted it bc it was a high number.

Reason uat is not listed is 3 of their 17 portal losses were walk-ons.  This list is scholarship losses.

• Like 1

Add another to Auburn totals 

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Add another to Auburn totals 

Believe you means subtract, no?

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

semantics. We know what it means. :slapfh:

And its the who, not the numbers that are concerning.

If Ole Miss can have 18 after getting 10 wins with a well known good coach,  we can handle the look after a coach is fired after 8 years...

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

semantics. We know what it means. :slapfh:

And its the who, not the numbers that are concerning.

If Ole Miss can have 18 after getting 10 wins with a well known good coach,  we can handle the look after a coach is fired after 8 years...

Don't disagree.  It's not the end of the world yet.

Hudson, Robinson, Tennison, and Height are the only 4 that I can think of that I'm sad to see go out of the 16 or 17

4 hours ago, toddc said:

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No I meant it. Add another to Auburn’s leaving total. But you already knew that!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, W.E.D said:

He's like the 900th rated player in the country. He isn't "highly rated"

Not to rehash old posts. But Keenum was on campus today. And as far as his rating. According to 247 , he is only 2 spots lower as an OT than Eston Harris was this year. I remember most folks saying what a catastrophe it would be if AU didn't get Harris. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not to rehash old posts. But Keenum was on campus today. And as far as his rating. According to 247 , he is only 2 spots lower as an OT than Eston Harris was this year. I remember most folks saying what a catastrophe it would be if AU didn't get Harris. 

Probably bc he was our first and only chance at an OT in 6 years.

He wasn't "highly" rated either. He's a good project player and close by. 900th might have been a stretch. 

Also timing. January '21 not sure ppl were venting how we haven't put the full court pressure on Easton. We had a lot of other top OT that we clearly missed on.

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Probably bc he was our first and only chance at an OT in 6 years.

He wasn't "highly" rated either. He's a good project player and close by. 900th might have been a stretch. 

Also timing. January '21 not sure ppl were venting how we haven't put the full court pressure on Easton. We had a lot of other top OT that we clearly missed on.

In what I've seen . Their aren't many "highly" rated OT in most years. Prob because that position is the hardest one to rate. Several 3 * and below  OT will be playing today in the Championship games

26 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

In what I've seen . Their aren't many "highly" rated OT in most years. Prob because that position is the hardest one to rate. Several 3 * and below  OT will be playing today in the Championship games

And if you have ever seen the stats on NFL starting NFL OL, you would be surprised how many of them were 3* and low 4* players ranked coming out of HS.

We just need to go after the ones borderline, and develop. Until we get a monster OL coach who has a legacy of attracting OL, we are going to continue to go through this yo yo cycle.

Right now, we can't even get the bodies in here to start the development.

I think 2023 recruiting of OL will dominate these threads for a while, and we will still be gashing our teeth when the players start committing again...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There were 20 nationally ranked (top 204 players in the nation) 4* OTs in 22

There are also 2000 3* players each year. You can do the statistics and probability of hitting on 3 out of a few hundred 2 or 3* kids

46 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

And if you have ever seen the stats on NFL starting NFL OL, you would be surprised how many of them were 3* and low 4* players ranked coming out of HS.

We just need to go after the ones borderline, and develop. Until we get a monster OL coach who has a legacy of attracting OL, we are going to continue to go through this yo yo cycle.

Right now, we can't even get the bodies in here to start the development.

I think 2023 recruiting of OL will dominate these threads for a while, and we will still be gashing our teeth when the players start committing again...

Yeah don't disagree. We need numbers. Take 5 guys, hope 1 per class turns out to be really good and then you get some contributors. We can keep taking 1 per class when we miss on all our top options. 

I'd also prefer guys who need to add weight vs ones with a ton if bad weight 

With the transfer portal stuff, I wonder if you will see less developmental player picked up. Is it better to leave a few roster spots open for the next transfer guy to come up? If you do not have a opening and someone comes available you may just miss an opportunity. 

• Like 2

In other news, highly coveted Southern Cal QB Jax Dart is headed to Ol' Miss. Many at AU were hopeful that he'd end up here, but alas.... Apparently Lame Kiffin has this transfer portal situation figured out while some other (nameless) schools are striking out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wildlife alumni said:

With the transfer portal stuff, I wonder if you will see less developmental player picked up. Is it better to leave a few roster spots open for the next transfer guy to come up? If you do not have a opening and someone comes available you may just miss an opportunity. 

A few slots, yes. But right now we have 9 openings available under the annual limit and there don't appear to be nine interested players out there that can help us.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Many at AU were hopeful that he'd end up here

Hopeful is optimistic but not realistic. 

13 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hopeful is optimistic but not realistic. 

Since he chose Ol' Miss, it's not too great a leap to think AU had a chance.

32 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Since he chose Ol' Miss, it's not too great a leap to think AU had a chance.

Did we even get a visit from him or CW?

40 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Nope. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just checking in on this thread since taking the week off. I see things are still on a smooth upward slope.

Depends on which end of the slope you might be standing when you make an observation...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

No, but we tried to get visits. What? No trophy for participating?