Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

It makes sense to me that , that is the reason he is still at Jax St. (to coach his son). Doubt he will leave.

I'm speaking of Jacksonville State, Alabama.

10 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

Can we get the vandy and wsu linemen in the portal?  I just want to feel like our ol has a chance this season🤣

I saw somewhere that the Vandy OL guy is headed to Virginia.

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Corey Rucker. Arkansas State leading receiver. South Carolina and Auburn are at the top so far.

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/Corey-Rucker-transfer-portal-Arkansas-State-South-Carolina-Auburn-Ole-Miss-184075923/

36 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Seems a little under sized for our needs but beggars can’t be choosers 😂

6'1 190lbs is an undersized receiver?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Seems a little under sized for our needs but beggars can’t be choosers 😂

If 6'1 190 is accurate then he's basically got prototype size for an NFL WR1. 

None of Cooper Kupp, Ja'Marr Chase, Odell Beckham Jr., Calvin Ridley, Justin Jefferson, Henry Ruggs, CeeDee Lamb, Stefon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Tyler Lockett, Jaylen Waddle, Brandin Cooks or Devonta Smith are meaningfully bigger than him, several are smaller than him, and he'll be as big as any of them by the time he's in the NFL.

So what exactly are our needs that his size doesn't meet?

6’3”

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

Not enough stars for some, but I would LOVE to see him in Auburn Orange and Blue!

If you're talking about Rucker, I agree. I'd say this speaks louder than recruiting rankings:

Rucker was the Red Wolves’ leading receiver last year as a redshirt freshman with 59 catches for 816 yards and nine touchdowns. That campaign earned him FWAA Freshman All-American honors and multiple all-Sun Belt Awards.

"But that's FWAA competition." Yeah, and that's still a hell of a step up from high school. And I don't know who on our roster could have done the same at Arky State last year. Nor do I know what better prospects we'll see in the portal this cycle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want Rucker bad. He's probably better than the ULL transfer we whiffed on to LSU and maybe even the James Madison one that went to Scar. Don't care if he's not a 6'4 outside guy, we need ballers

• Like 3

5 hours ago, toddc said:

6’3”

I think he is 2023 so should be in that thread.

58 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think he is 2023 so should be in that thread.

It was a joke because he’s one inch taller than the transfer someone was whining about 

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If it's not Calvin Johnson, it's crap!

if it's not scottish it's crap on Make a GIF

Well hey there over reaction 😂 I saw he was 6ft… my bad. Generally stats are overestimated. Glad you caught my mistake. Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Well hey there over reaction 😂 I saw he was 6ft… my bad. Generally stats are overestimated. Glad you caught my mistake. Thanks! 

Maybe it is 6'0. I see now that the high school profile was what said 6'1. Still not undersized.

The gif was just having fun. 

And, yeah, I'm oversensitive to the constant size queening from our fanbase. 

As someone else said, though, it's not like we're looking to fill one particular hole in our WR corps. We could easily improve at every WR position, especially the type of all-around WR1 that we've watched our rivals pumping into the NFL for a decade or more. Don't know if this guy is it but his metrics more than fit the bill. Seems like a smart, hard-working kid, too. 

Hopefully it's not a moot point now that Kiffin has offered.

4 hours ago, au302 said:

I want Rucker bad. 

Me too. He's an immediate impact player at a position of need. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ditto

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe it is 6'0. I see now that the high school profile was what said 6'1. Still not undersized.

The gif was just having fun. 

As someone else said, though, it's not like we're looking to fill one particular hole in our WR corps. We could easily improve at every WR position, especially the type of all-around WR1 that we've watched our rivals pumping into the NFL for a decade or more. Don't know if this guy is it but his metrics more than fit the bill. Seems like a smart, hard-working kid, too. 

All good! And I’m hoping we can nab him for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Let it go...lol. A good big man will beat a good small man every time. Size isn't everything, but it's the one sure thing you can't coach.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Let it go...lol. A good big man will beat a good small man every time. Size isn't everything, but it's the one sure thing you can't coach.

Actually speed is just as valuable and uncoachable and coveted. A good big man isn't worth much looking at Tyreek Hill's ass. And we're talking about a wide receiver. So, I'm good.

PS- Barry Sanders is the best RB of all time but clowns around here would've clamored to start Kam Pettway over him. Again, I'm good.

• Haha 1