Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

too. 

Hopefully it's not a moot point now that Kiffin has offered.

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Me too. He's an immediate impact player at a position of need. 

Ditto

I like our chances now with Ike Hilliard

• Like 4

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Actually speed is just as valuable and uncoachable and coveted. A good big man isn't worth much looking at Tyreek Hill's ass. And we're talking about a wide receiver. So, I'm good.

PS- Barry Sanders is the best RB of all time but clowns around here would've clamored to start Kam Pettway over him. Again, I'm good.

Listen Dude, I know Bo's NFL career was cut short but Barry was not better than him. Stop the Cap!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Let it go...lol. A good big man will beat a good small man every time. Size isn't everything, but it's the one sure thing you can't coach.

I see both sides of it. On the one hand, if a dudes a baller, he's a baller. But damn we've gotten small on OL compared to our rivals lately. I'd say we could use more balance at LB as well. Zakoby was a monster, but it's also good to have big thumpers to take on guards like a Josh Bynes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 5:23 PM, wcware said:

Hearing rumors of JT Daniels possibly to Auburn. Any smoke out there 

On 2/15/2022 at 11:15 PM, oracle79 said:

Don't know much about him except Georgia went with a walk on over him. Is he really better than Calzada or Finley?

I think he’s a bit fragile. I heard today he’s looking at Oregon State, Missouri and one other not in the SEC. I don’t think he can stay healthy enough in this league and doubt we use 1 of our last 10 on another QB unless he’s a world beater. At this point, we need to sign some of these offers. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Evidently it went really well and he knows he's on the field immediately if he comes here. 

We have a lot of Portal needs and WR is a big one. This would be a great pickup. So glad to hear that it went well.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Evidently it went really well and he knows he's on the field immediately if he comes here. 

Story on Rivals:

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/transfer-wr-sees-immediate-impact-opportunity-during-visit

Auburn has just seven scholarship wide receivers on campus for spring practice.

A potential addition was on campus on Saturday. Corey Rucker, a former All-Sun Belt WR who's in the transfer portal, got a look at Auburn's campus and got to see practice inside Jordan-Hare.

Rucker got to meet with new WR coach Ike Hilliard, and got to see the opportunity to immediately make an impact at Auburn. "I’d say the biggest thing is come in, plug and play," Rucker said. "I got to see it first-hand so I know exactly what they need and exactly what they’re looking for in the receiver and what they need to take this offense to the next level."

Auburn lacked big-play threats at WR last year, and with even less depth now, Rucker feels he could make a big impact at Auburn. "I don’t want to sound cocky or anything, but I feel like I could definitely come in and be a big factor to help this team," Rucker said.

Along with watching the players, Rucker also got to watch Hilliard at work. Hilliard is a veteran in the NFL and is familiar with the SEC from his time playing at Florida, but is unfamiliar with college coaching. This year at Auburn will be his first coaching in college.

That doesn't bother Rucker, though, he actually appreciated Hilliard's honesty.  "We hit off from the jump," Rucker said. "He’s super real, down to earth, he didn’t sugarcoat anything, he kept it a 100. He told me this is first time getting into college football so he’s still trying to learn a little bit, but him just being completely honest with me in that aspect and not trying to sell me a dream speaks volumes on his part."

During his two seasons at Arkansas State, Rucker has quickly become a big threat. His first season he caught 16 passes for 453 yards and five touchdowns. Last year, he hauled in 59 passes for 816 yards and nine touchdowns. In 2020 Rucker set a school record with nine receptions for 310 yards and four touchdowns in one game. In 2021 he was a second team All-Sun Belt selection. Rucker will go on an official visit to South Carolina starting Monday this week, then go on an official visit to Utah State on Thursday. He is also considering Washington, Washington State, Baylor, Virginia Tech and others as offers roll in. Ole Miss was his "dream" school, but says he hasn't talked much with the Rebels' coaching staff after receiving an early offer from them. The goal for Rucker is to make a decision in early or mid-May, as he still has time while he finishes up his semester at Arkansas State.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It will soon be time for the post spring practice portal action to begin. By my counting we have eight slots available under the annual limit. Annual limit means no matter how many leave to go elsewhere, that doesn't matter. We are still limited to eight more new signees.

Two questions: 1 Will AU be able to find and sign eight players who can help? 2 How many more will leave AU after this school term is over?

A lot of next season's success or failure will depend on the answers to those two questions.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

It will soon be time for the post spring practice portal action to begin. By my counting we have eight slots available under the annual limit. Annual limit means no matter how many leave to go elsewhere, that doesn't matter. We are still limited to eight more new signees.

Two questions: 1 Will AU be able to find and sign eight players who can help? 2 How many more will leave AU after this school term is over?

A lot of next season's success or failure will depend on the answers to those two questions.

Both very valid points. in todays world  both Portal recruiting and keep players you want and need from using the Portal are key parts of building a team that can win.  I am hoping that based on the enthusiasm we have heard about from players who stayed and what coaches have said that players leaving would be minimal. If they do a good job in these two areas filling some needs we might have a decent team this year which would help recruiting. I also think because of the turnover between coaching staffs we should be able to sell PT as part of the recruiting process.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

A post I agree with. I honestly think if we can keep from losing any or many more, that we can be solid with 4 additions. (minimum). 

#1- We need a true #1WR. To me this is the most important. A good WR1 can help any QB good or bad. 

#2- We need a legit Edge Rusher. We have 3 guys now. Hall, Leota, and Brooks. I love HAll and Leota, and time will tell on Brooks, but we have to have at least 1 more guy that can play significant snaps and be productive.

#3- We need a starter level OT. This would open up so much possibility on the OL to shuffle some folks around. 

#4- Another capable OL or another ILB Capable of being productive 

Those are the 4 pick ups I think we MUST make to have a chance at a good season at minimum.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

A post I agree with. I honestly think if we can keep from losing any or many more, that we can be solid with 4 additions. (minimum). 

#1- We need a true #1WR. To me this is the most important. A good WR1 can help any QB good or bad. 

#2- We need a legit Edge Rusher. We have 3 guys now. Hall, Leota, and Brooks. I love HAll and Leota, and time will tell on Brooks, but we have to have at least 1 more guy that can play significant snaps and be productive.

#3- We need a starter level OT. This would open up so much possibility on the OL to shuffle some folks around. 

Those are the 4 pick ups I think we MUST make to have a chance at a good season at minimum.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Only thing I would like to add is ideally if we get these players they have at least 2 years of eligibility.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

At most we get 2 of those 4.  Probably best chance is getting 1 starter.  The other 7 need to be guys with 2-3 years left looking for a new home b/c of fit, new coaches, something else.  We missed our chance at getting starting OL in the winter.

Feel like WR should hopefully be the easiest to fill.

I'd go 2 WR, a RB, a RT, a MIKE LB, 2 OLB/EDGE, and a S. If they believe Alston/Ingram/Jackson could be a quality RB3, then use that spot elsewhere. Only 1 EDGE if Brooks is ready.

Wildcard for me is QB. If another bolts (would likely be TJ) and we exit spring with 3, I could see them taking another if someone they like is interested. Harder to see TJ leaving now than in January though since he's apparently improved

On 3/23/2022 at 2:45 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Agree. However, that means we do much better between now and May 1st than we've done this entire off season to date. I read somewhere that May 1st is the deadline for portal transfers, but I haven't bothered to verify it..

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 9:50 PM, Sizzle said:

On 3/21/2022 at 8:30 AM, McLoofus said:

Apparently he's going to USCe.  Getting dunked on multiple times by South Carolina isn't a great look

• Angry 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Apparently he's going to USCe.  Getting dunked on multiple times by South Carolina isn't a great look

Damn what the hell is the USCe coaching staff doing that ours isn’t? They had a mediocre season just like we did and a newer staff just like us

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Damn what the hell is the USCe coaching staff doing that ours isn’t? They had a mediocre season just like we did and a newer staff just like us

Recruiting is selling.  Some ppl are good at it, others aren't.

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Man if anyone had ever thought or said Shane Beamer would be a hell of a coach...

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Believe it or not, Boom had USCe better organized and set up. Things we've had to rebuild or build from scratch were already in place there. It sucks, but now is the time for patience and understanding.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Believe it or not, Boom had USCe better organized and set up. Things we've had to rebuild or build from scratch were already in place there. It sucks, but now is the time for patience and understanding.

Patience and understanding from Auburn fans??????  What have you been smoking?😀

• Like 1