Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

For what it is worth, I know people give Mikey a lot of flack, but the one thing he is really good at is keeping tracking of scholarship numbers.  Everyone defers to him on this subject.

It's his specialty.  I wonder if he uses a spreadsheet or an old green & white ledger to keep his tally? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paladin said:

If Christian Robinson, his LB Coach at UF has a good relationship with him and AU wants him, you’d think we’d have a good shot to get him.

• Like 2

So at the moment, it seems like the Vandy kid is our sole at landing an OL in the portal.  Damn. That's really disappointing.  Let's hope there are a handful of mid class guys, whom are actually good, bailing after spring practice. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dilligas said:

If Christian Robinson, his LB Coach at UF has a good relationship with him and AU wants him, you’d think we’d have a good shot to get him.

There's mutual interest... we'll see

11 hours ago, JerryAU said:

It's his specialty.  I wonder if he uses a spreadsheet or an old green & white ledger to keep his tally? 

I wear a green visor and huddle over an ancient lamp while making secret marks on a yellow legal pad. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, JerryAU said:

UAT now has 3 of the top 10 portal players, the rich just get richer.  >:(

And you didn’t see this coming?🤷🏻‍♂️

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

So at the moment, it seems like the Vandy kid is our sole at landing an OL in the portal.  Damn. That's really disappointing.  Let's hope there are a handful of mid class guys, whom are actually good, bailing after spring practice. 

Dude we have our all SEC Center coming back! We don’t need no fancy Cornell players!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jluvah said:

And you didn’t see this coming?🤷🏻‍♂️

I did. I mentioned it multiple times when this crap started. All the other schools are going to be feeders for the top programs. 

8 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude we have our all SEC Center coming back! We don’t need no fancy Cornell players!

Hopefully he'll be ALL SEC again at media days and maybe he'll have a chance to be all-sec after the season too!!

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully he'll be ALL SEC again at media days and maybe he'll have a chance to be all-sec after the season too!!

good sarcasm. We knew when he was voted it, that it was never going to happen.

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

good sarcasm. We knew when he was voted it, that it was never going to happen.

Lots of ppl swore the media knew more than everyone who has watched him from years

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lots of ppl swore the media knew more than everyone who has watched him from years

Brahms plays on the line? I thought he was an H-back or something. He is always back there by the QB

• Haha 7

31 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Heard today that Bama has lost 17 players into the portal so far. Most I have heard of so far.

Those are the ones that they culled to make room for the ones they bought from other teams 

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Heard today that Bama has lost 17 players into the portal so far. Most I have heard of so far.

I hear this means their ship is sinking.  Weird.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 11:24 AM, JerryAU said:

He uses an old ledger, can hardly read some of the figures from years gone back. And wears a green visor, uses a Texas Instruments TI-30 calculator and has a pen protector in his shirt pocket.

Edited by SumterAubie

14 hours ago, dilligas said:

Some of those they lost to the portal were walk-ons though.

Your correct, from what I saw 3 were walk ons.

Edited by Hank2020

14 hours ago, provibe said:

Those are the ones that they culled to make room for the ones they bought from other teams 

Yep, same as us and any other big program that's trying to win. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Don't seem to be on this list from Rivals, maybe just under the cut off.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Don't seem to be on this list from Rivals, maybe just under the cut off.

Didn’t see it, just heard it on Southern Sports radio show, so definitely could have heard wrong. It’s why I posted it bc it was a high number.

Edited by Hank2020