Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Seriously, are you a stupid person?

Why is it now 79? Because someone effing left. Lee Hunter is no longer in the count

You prove my point. You, or whoever you are believing, is trying to apply absolutes to a fluid situation. Someone is in over their head. The numbers don't work in the way you claim they do. Watch and learn, Young Grasshopper.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You prove my point. You, or whoever you are believing, is trying to apply absolutes to a fluid situation. Someone is in over their head. The numbers don't work in the way you claim they do. Watch and learn, Young Grasshopper.

No one is applying absolutes.

We can't just sign 10 more people. Additional attrition has to happen. No one said it will nit, it's just another side of teh equation 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one is applying absolutes.

We can't just sign 10 more people. Additional attrition has to happen. No one said it will nit, it's just another side of teh equation 

We can just sign ten more people. We could sign ten more today if we wanted to. I think it would help you to study up a bit on how all this works.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

We can just sign ten more people. We could sign ten more today if we wanted to. I think it would help you to study up a bit on how all this works.

Yes, we can sign 9 more ppl to hit our 32 for this class.

But, we have 79 on scholarship, at the moment. At least 4 people currently on this team, not graduating Srs or walk on being count like you were trying to argue, have to leave in order to bring these pll in.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Are you trying to say that we can have as many on the roster right now as we want as long as we get under 85 by fall camp? Sorta like how baseball has to cut a bunch after fall ball? I was confused on you're point at first, so think there may be a miscommunication 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, au302 said:

Are you trying to say that we can have as many on the roster right now as we want as long as we get under 85 by fall camp? Sorta like how baseball has to cut a bunch after fall ball? I was confused on you're point at first, so think there may be a miscommunication 

Signees don't count until they are enrolled in school and attending class. Somebody who doesn't know what they are talking about is counting them as on scholarship right now. They are not.

21 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, we can sign 9 more ppl to hit our 32 for this class.

But, we have 79 on scholarship, at the moment. At least 4 people currently on this team, not graduating Srs or walk on being count like you were trying to argue, have to leave in order to bring these pll in.

You can't even get that straight. If Hunter leaving reduced us to 79 on 1/16, then Pegues reduced us to 78 on 1/17 and Matthews reduced us to 77 on 1/21. That's making the huge assumption that your original number of 80 was correct, which it certainly was not. Signees don't go on scholarship and aren't counted against the 85 limit until they are enrolled in school and attending classes. Somebody needs to study a primer on the subject.

PS: Your number of 32 available slots is incorrect. Our number this year is 23+7=30. Why this is so is out there, I'll let you find out the reason for yourself.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

You can't even get that straight. If Hunter leaving reduced us to 79 on 1/16, then Pegues reduced us to 78 on 1/17 and Matthews reduced us to 77 on 1/21. That's making the huge assumption that your original number of 80 was correct, which it certainly was not. Signees don't go on scholarship and aren't counted against the 85 limit until they are enrolled in school and attending classes. Somebody needs to study a primer on the subject.

PS: Your number of 32 available slots is incorrect. Our number this year is 23+7=30. Why this is so is out there, I'll let you find out the reason for yourself.

Jesus christ. Yes, the total number on scholarship is fluid as players enter and leave.

So if I gave you a number before a player left the team, then yes it is different after they left. Is this really the crap you're hung up on?

Edited by W.E.D

On 1/22/2022 at 9:01 AM, augolf1716 said:

Stop the name calling now or people will get a vacation

Sorry, I didn't realize I wasn't on the dining board. Got mixed up where I was

Edited by W.E.D

On 1/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, Sizzle said:

Welp that didn’t work out. Not gonna beat out Bama for a receiver with their track record unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Welp that didn’t work out. Not gonna beat out Bama for a receiver with their track record unfortunately 

Burton is good too. Ouch

13 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Jesus christ. Yes, the total number on scholarship is fluid as players enter and leave.

So if I gave you a number before a player left the team, then yes it is different after they left. Is this really the crap you're hung up on?

Then why did you post that we had 79 on scholarship when by your own count the number was already down to 77? Plus there's your little problem with thinking we have 32 slots available this cycle when we have only 30.

So, combining the two above, your original position that we can't fill all of our slots is already blown out of the water and it's only a week in.

Edited by Mikey

I would just like to point out that bama recruits better than most of the nation, yet this is the second year in a row that they go to the portal for WR1.  All that 4 and 5* talent, and nobody good enough to be WR1.

Just goes to show that the rankings aren’t always right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Then why did you post that we had 79 on scholarship when by your own count the number was already down to 77?

Because it is an ever evolving number?  When players leave, it lowers.  One might have left that I missed.  1000 apologies.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Plus there's your little problem with thinking we have 32 slots available this cycle when we have only 30.

No, we have 32.  We'll have 32 members in this class.  2 were just counted forward.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, combining the two above, your original position that we can't fill all of our slots is already blown out of the water and it's only a week in.

No, I didn't say we can't fill all of our slots.  We have to have additional attrition to fill all of our remaining slots.  That will most like likely happen as we process players and make room.  What don't you understand about this?

10 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

I would just like to point out that bama recruits better than most of the nation, yet this is the second year in a row that they go to the portal for WR1.  All that 4 and 5* talent, and nobody good enough to be WR1.

Just goes to show that the rankings aren’t always right.

And, another example of how the portal has totally changed the recruiting game

On 1/23/2022 at 9:43 AM, W.E.D said:

For what it is worth, I know people give Mikey a lot of flack, but the one thing he is really good at is keeping tracking of scholarship numbers.  Everyone defers to him on this subject.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

For what it is worth, I know people give Mikey a lot of flack, but the one thing he is really good at is keeping tracking of scholarship numbers.  Everyone defers to him on this subject.

I can't tell if this is a joke or not

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I can't tell if this is a joke or not

No I am being serious.  It's his thing.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No I am being serious.  It's his thing.

Well he's having an extremely difficult time counting right now and can't do basic projections.

4 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

He can project and count better than you think.  E had to learn as well.

Well he's doing a bad job at it, especially when he thinks ppl are including graduating Srs are included in the numbers.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I agree with most of this statement, the problem is the bolded word.  A lot of people will disagree just to disagree.

• Like 1