AUght2win

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Welp JT Daniel’s and Burton are available from UGA. Any thoughts 

Daniels no , Burton yes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

Don’t think Burton would be interested but he could be a true WR1 at Auburn. He’s a very good, big bodied receiver. We should push for him hard but already hearing UA is likely to land him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Don’t think Burton would be interested but he could be a true WR1 at Auburn. He’s a very good, big bodied receiver. We should push for him hard but already hearing UA is likely to land him. 

Wouldn’t say too big listed at 6’0 and 200lbs

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, e808 said:

Throw the bag at both. Likely won't get them, but those are two instant impact guys

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

TJ has done about everything you could ask of him, he won’t back down without a fight next year for sure

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, W.E.D said:

No one is counting guys who are our of eligibility in that 80 man number.  Those are current guys on the roster and eligible to play next year.  People graduating & out of eligibility aren't included.

Are those several former walkons whose "courtesy" scholarships won't be renewed being counted? I have been watching this a long, long time. We can fill our ten remaining slots and the 85 limit will not be a problem. Noses are counted at the start of fall camp. We'll be lucky to have even 80 on scholarship at that time, unless Harsin hands out another round of those courtesy scholarships to former walkons. Unless you want to list the current 80 and enter into a lengthy discussion of individuals it's best to wait until August and count at that time.  If the over/under is 82, I'll put my money on the under.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dilligas said:

This year, 2022-2023 season, the NCAA allows a roster waiver of up to 7 transfers to replace 7 or more lost to transfer.  These 7 do not count against the 25 or 85 limits, so as long as you lose 7 or more in the portal you can have as many as 92 this one year only.

The seven do not count against the 25 limit. The last official word I saw was they do count against the 85 limit. This could have changed, but that's how it was a few weeks back.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Are those several former walkons whose "courtesy" scholarships won't be renewed being counted?

No

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

We can fill our ten remaining slots and the 85 limit will not be a problem. Noses are counted at the start of fall camp.

Yes, which means 5 more need to leave or will be forced to leave

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Noses are counted at the start of fall camp

Yes, this is what people call a projection.  Taking the facts you have now and looking forward.  It's not that difficult

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

We'll be lucky to have even 80 on scholarship at that time, unless Harsin hands out another round of those courtesy scholarships to former walkons. Unless you want to list the current 80 and enter into a lengthy discussion of individuals it's best to wait until August and count at that time.  If the over/under is 82, I'll put my money on the under.

So, IYO we are going to have 8 more ppl leave.  Got it

Edited by W.E.D

On 1/18/2022 at 11:46 PM, dilligas said:

This year, 2022-2023 season, the NCAA allows a roster waiver of up to 7 transfers to replace 7 or more lost to transfer.  These 7 do not count against the 25 or 85 limits, so as long as you lose 7 or more in the portal you can have as many as 92 this one year only.

The 25 cap is waived so that teams can allow up to 7 transfers, the 85 is a hard cap.  Which is utterly ridiculous on the part of the ncaa. 

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

The 25 cap is waived so that teams can allow up to 7 transfers, the 85 is a hard cap.  Which is utterly ridiculous on the part of the ncaa. 

Yes, you are correct.  Someone posted the ncaa ruling on here which states clearly the overall scholarship limit remains at 85.  

16 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, this is what people call a projection.  Taking the facts you have now and looking forward.  It's not that difficult

Facts? I do not believe those doing this counting understand the situation. They do not have an understanding of how this has worked in the past and how it works this year. We can fill all remaining slots and the 85 limit will not be a problem. Either list your source for these "facts" or wait until August and eat crow then.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Facts? I do not believe those doing this counting understand the situation. They do not have an understanding of how this has worked in the past and how it works this year. We can fill all remaining slots and the 85 limit will not be a problem. Either list your source for these "facts" or wait until August and eat crow then.

What don't you understand?  We have 79 kids on scholarship right now that plan to play next year and 9 slots open to fill.

Can you add?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

What don't you understand?  We have 79 kids on scholarship right now that plan to play next year and 9 slots open to fill.

Can you add?

if we add all 9 then we will have 88 and while we can go up to 7 over the 25 limit we are not allowed to go over the 85 limit this year.  So we either only sign 6 more or 3 more leave before fall.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

if we add all 9 then we will have 88 and while we can go up to 7 over the 25 limit we are not allowed to go over the 85 limit this year.  So we either only sign 6 more or 3 more leave before fall.

That's correct.  To sign our full class, we have to have more leave

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Can you add?

I believe we will have more attrition before then. We always do. It’s to be expected. How much who knows, but if history is an indicator I would say 5 minimum before August. Am I wrong? I guess I could be I’m not looking up previous players lost from signing day until fall camp

On 1/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, TigerHorn said:

If you've got the money to buy a $30M signing class, have at it and we'll all celebrate with you. Otherwise, find a happy spot with whatever record we can pull off against teams spending that. This isn't "Auburn" making a call to spend or not spend. It's wealthy individuals and businesses. We're not high on the list in numbers of those alums and boosters. 

These are also the same boosters that were getting dragged thru the mud last year about this time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcware said:

I believe we will have more attrition before then. We always do. It’s to be expected. How much who knows, but if history is an indicator I would say 5 minimum before August. Am I wrong? I guess I could be I’m not looking up previous players lost from signing day until fall camp

Sure. That was the whole point of my original post on this.

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Who said so? Where's your source?  Again, whoever came up with this doesn't know what they are talking about and doesn't understand how this has worked in the past or is going to work this time. If they had the slightest grasp of the situation they wouldn't present it in this simplistic manner.

Yesterday your number was 80. Now it's 79. What's it going to be next Tuesday?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Who said so? Where's your source?  Again, whoever came up with this doesn't know what they are talking about and doesn't understand how this has worked in the past or is going to work this time. If they had the slightest grasp of the situation they wouldn't present it in this simplistic manner.

Yesterday your number was 80. Now it's 79. What's it going to be next Tuesday?

Seriously, are you a stupid person?

Why is it now 79? Because someone effing left. Lee Hunter is no longer in the count

• Haha 1