Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

Khoury Bethley from Hawaii is a player we are showing interest in. He was signed as a RB but plays DB. Plays at all 3 level. Had 99 tackles, 4 sacks and 5 INTs last year. 4 year starter at Hawaii with one left to play. 

Screenshot 2022-01-18 6.57.43 AM.png

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Khoury Bethley from Hawaii is a player we are showing interest in. He was signed as a RB but plays DB. Plays at all 3 level. Had 99 tackles, 4 sacks and 5 INTs last year. 4 year starter at Hawaii with one left to play. 

Screenshot 2022-01-18 6.57.43 AM.png

can DBs play OL?  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Ok I get it now. The coaching staff is playing a rope-a-dope. Use the OL scholarships for DBs. It's trendsetting. lol

We've got plenty of open spots for whatever we need. We could give 6 more scholarships to OLs and still be able to sign Citizen, a WR and a linebacker. 

Edited by McLoofus

Our best hope for the Oline is that one night Will Friend wakes up gasping out of a deep sleep, calls his hogs to a team meeting at 2 am, and says “I figured it out! “You guys were doing this and you’re supposed to do this!”  And all the olinemen are like “ohhhhhh, duh!” 

And then all of a sudden they’re good. 

The End

image.gif.12d2d41ffed93028e3482e0d8f79ab2f.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1

28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We've got plenty of open spots for whatever we need. We could give 6 more scholarships to OLs and still be able to sign Citizen, a WR and a linebacker. 

We’ll probably also hold a spot for edge Jack Pyburn, or at least I hope we do.  I also wonder with Hunter and Pegues leaving if we might need to add another DT in addition to Sledge and Jones.  Plus could probably use 2 more WRs so maybe take 3-4 OL rather than 5 or 6, as at our rate we’ll be lucky to get more OL than that anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

From most ppl counting scholarships, I don't think that is accurate.  We're at 80 right now, have 10 spots open.  So that would put us at 90

6 hours ago, dilligas said:

We’ll probably also hold a spot for edge Jack Pyburn, or at least I hope we do.  I also wonder with Hunter and Pegues leaving if we might need to add another DT in addition to Sledge and Jones.  Plus could probably use 2 more WRs so maybe take 3-4 OL rather than 5 or 6, as at our rate we’ll be lucky to get more OL than that anyway.

I have not read this, but I wonder if we hired someone on Nick Eason's level of energy and credentials if we could keep Hunter.

also - is there a WR still in the portal that we covet or have a chance with?

If they can get this guy from Oregon, Logan Sagapolu and Hunter N, I’ll retire my pessimism for the remainder of the off season. Please god. 

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

From most ppl counting scholarships, I don't think that is accurate.  We're at 80 right now, have 10 spots open.  So that would put us at 90

Normally, seniors will graduate in May and come off scholarship before the signees (other than early enrolees) arrive later that month. There has always been room in the past, it's just a matter of some old ones moving out before the new ones move in. I don't think the 85 limit will be a problem.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Normally, seniors will graduate in May and come off scholarship before the signees (other than early enrolees) arrive later that month. There has always been room in the past, it's just a matter of some old ones moving out before the new ones move in. I don't think the 85 limit will be a problem.

This year, 2022-2023 season, the NCAA allows a roster waiver of up to 7 transfers to replace 7 or more lost to transfer.  These 7 do not count against the 25 or 85 limits, so as long as you lose 7 or more in the portal you can have as many as 92 this one year only.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, dilligas said:

This year, 2022-2023 season, the NCAA allows a roster waiver of up to 7 transfers to replace 7 or more lost to transfer.  These 7 do not count against the 25 or 85 limits, so as long as you lose 7 or more in the portal you can have as many as 92 this one year only.

You sure about this?  Any links, I've only found articles stating an 85 man waiver for the 21-22 season.  The 7 extra is just for the signing class.  Everything I've read has a lot of articles blasting the NCAA for keeping the 85 man limit in 22

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

No one is counting guys who are our of eligibility in that 80 man number.  Those are current guys on the roster and eligible to play next year.  People graduating & out of eligibility aren't included.

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You sure about this?  Any links, I've only found articles stating an 85 man waiver for the 21-22 season.  The 7 extra is just for the signing class.  Everything I've read has a lot of articles blasting the NCAA for keeping the 85 man limit in 22

No, but I googled it and one of the hits was a link to an Oregon message board where one poster explained it to another poster but also quoted the NCAA text as his source.  I assumed he was correct but you never know with the internet.

• Like 1

Just now, dilligas said:

No, but I googled it and one of the hits was a link to an Oregon message board where one poster explained it to another poster but also quoted the NCAA text as his source.  I assumed he was correct but you never know with the internet.

Seems to be a lot of confusion.  I've seen a lot of auburn "insiders" claim the 85 is a hard cap with no waivers.

8 hours ago, dilligas said:

And even if we can't go above 85, we'll drop however many more we need to and can from that 80 number to make room.

We can take 10 or so more guys. We will have room for however many up to that number we deem useful and who want to come here. 

This has been explained quite a bit, but I guess the need for some to whine supersedes their cognitive abilities. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We believe schools should have temporary flexibility to help address possible roster depletion due to
transfers," Barbour said. "This one-year waiver enables schools to properly utilize their scholarship limitations."

The waiver is effective immediately for the 2022-23 academic year only. The overall scholarship limit remains at 85 for the FBS and FCS

From your article.  I think this is what a lot of ppl have come back to. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This has been explained quite a bit, but I guess the need for some to whine supersedes their cognitive abilities. 

Seems the only person whining here is you.  Everyone else is just talking about our current numbers.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

Since the QB thread was locked..

https://www.si.com/college/usc/football/caleb-williams-transfer-timeline

Thamel says Caleb Williams waiting on NFL coaching changes.

Interesting to go to the USC forums and see their feelings about their $2 million investment.