Mason rumored as a top candidate for A&M DC job

japantiger

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Kevin sumlin win-loss record got worst every year . Jumbo Fisher loss 1 game in 2020 in an All SEC schedule. He took a step back this year , but once again the idea is he has a promising recruiting class coming in as well. Some of y’all just be saying anything. Jimbo Fisher has never only won 7 games since he has been with Texas A&M. So how is that the exact same results ? And they fired Kevin Sumlin with the idea of having Jimbo’s interest otherwise they would not have fired him. They fire Jimbo and who do they hire? Oh yeah CBH I bet 

Fisher has yet to win 11 games, which Sumlin did his first year. Then got stuck at 8 except the final year was 7. Otherwise similar results. He’s had time to recruit and great classes always create buzz and hope. For better recruiting, and the money he makes, I’d think the expectations would be higher and leash shorter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kwagoner said:

Fisher has yet to win 11 games, which Sumlin did his first year. Then got stuck at 8 except the final year was 7. Otherwise similar results. He’s had time to recruit and great classes always create buzz and hope. For better recruiting, and the money he makes, I’d think the expectations would be higher and leash shorter. 

Bro you really don’t think he would’ve won 11 games in 2020 when he had an all SEC schedule . Stop it man that is silly. It doesn’t matter what you think. If you go to Aggie land, the fans aren’t at a point to where they think he needs to be fired . I always find it laughable when another fanbase tries to insinuate what others are thinking. That is why they were freaking out about the potential of him moving to LSU. If they fired him any time soon who the heck would they hire? The main reason Kevin Sumlin even got fired was due to the fact that they could pull Jimbo. It’s not even close to the same situation . Also once again every year KS wins we’re going down. In most Aggie fans mind, they are only a qb away. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro you really don’t think he won 11 games in 2020 when he had an all SEC schedule . Stop it man that is silly. It doesn’t matter what you think. If you go to Aggie land, the fans aren’t at a point to where they think he needs to be fired . I always find it laughable when another fanbase tries to insinuate what others are thinking. That is why they were freaking out about the potential of him moving to LSU. 

Digging the new avi. That was my number 1 during the coaching search last year. Hope he kills it at Notre Dame. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Digging the new avi. That was my number 1 during the coaching search last year. Hope he kills it at Notre Dame. 

Yeah I am really excited for him. Glad Notre Dame actually gave him a chance . I was really worried.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro you really don’t think he won 11 games in 2020 when he had an all SEC schedule . Stop it man that is silly. It doesn’t matter what you think. If you go to Aggie land, the fans aren’t at a point to where they think he needs to be fired . I always find it laughable when another fanbase tries to insinuate what others are thinking. That is why they were freaking out about the potential of him moving to LSU. 

He probably does win 11 in 2020. I just said he had not reached Sumlin’s top, just as you said he’s not reached KS’s low. 

I’m not trying to argue, nor insinuate that I’m in the minds of their fan base. I said what I’d think, though as you said it really doesn’t matter. It’s obvious expectations are greater than 8 wins, which is where he is. Based on recruiting, his perception, beating Saban, and salary should they stumble, they’d be hoping for LSU to call. 

As it relates to the topic, Mason has  more of a buffer here, but less talent. More talent there, but higher expectations. His decision to weigh the pros/cons. 

27 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

He probably does win 11 in 2020. I just said he had not reached Sumlin’s top, just as you said he’s not reached KS’s low. 

I’m not trying to argue, nor insinuate that I’m in the minds of their fan base. I said what I’d think, though as you said it really doesn’t matter. It’s obvious expectations are greater than 8 wins, which is where he is. Based on recruiting, his perception, beating Saban, and salary should they stumble, they’d be hoping for LSU to call. 

As it relates to the topic, Mason has  more of a buffer here, but less talent. More talent there, but higher expectations. His decision to weigh the pros/cons. 

The whole point is to compare Kevin Sumlin to CJF is not accurate at all. Kevin Sumlin legitimately was trending down every year. Jimbo fisher statistically had his best year just last year . That is not comparable lol. The first two years he won 9 and 8 completely trying to over haul a program and rebuild a culture . This idea that the expectations are that much higher at Texas A&M and that CDM would potentially be walking into an unstable situation due to thus expectations  is laughable to me. Let’s take a poll right now and see would Auburn fans rather  be in the aggies position now or ours. The fans are a lot more patient over there than you think but whatever agree to disagree.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

TAMU lost a 4 year starter QB, then had their #1 QB who replaced him go down in September. Their fans, at least the reasonable ones don’t have their pitchforks out yet for Jimbo.  The win over Bama and having an awesome recruiting year helped soothe the wounds of the 8-4 record. They will expect better in 2022. Mason is not their top choice however. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Does this post season feel even more tumultuous than last year’s post season??? I just wish things would settle down.  
image.jpeg.01eb86de9a75c155cc982281a01d5f67.jpeg

Lol, I would imagine a lot of Auburn folks are looking like this about right now.  We need some good news around here asap.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Some good news would be a nice change of pace but I looked like that whenever Gus went up against a ranked team. I expected a pain change last year but it came a year later. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 2

Damn it man.  Why did I decided to look at Auburn football news today.  I completely missed this.  

Me at Thanksgiving: well at least the defense is solid, wait til Mason gets his guys. 

Me at Christmas: #@$%@%&$^E^%$&#$%^&^I%%&^&%^&* me! 

• Haha 2

On 12/12/2021 at 11:29 PM, kwagoner said:

People in College Station know that their program is in better shape than it has been for the past 25 years.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Soooo... Any updates? 

Seems to be all nonsense and just a name dropped by an Aggies reporter for a "Hot Board"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAG said:

#1 recruiting class. Wow 

Which everyone knew before, but Aggies just stepped it up a little this cycle.

We need to make sure we follow suit

9 hours ago, DAG said:

#1 recruiting class. Wow 

My son is an Aggie so I keep up with them through him. A lot of people discount them because they don’t like Jimbo. But the roster he’s built there is formidable and they are now sustaining it. Former AU coach Terry Price is an Alpha on the recruiting front. Also, in the summer JF hired two ‘off field’ staffers from UGA that are both similar to Trovon Reed in their effectiveness with recruits. Flipped a couple of UGA recruits shortly afterwards. Good strategic appproach, and I hope CBH keeps building out that for AU. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

My son is an Aggie so I keep up with them through him. A lot of people discount them because they don’t like Jimbo. But the roster he’s built there is formidable and they are now sustaining it. Former AU coach Terry Price is an Alpha on the recruiting front. Also, in the summer JF hired two ‘off field’ staffers from UGA that are both similar to Trovon Reed in their effectiveness with recruits. Flipped a couple of UGA recruits shortly afterwards. Good strategic appproach, and I hope CBH keeps building out that for AU. 

Exactly why I been saying Jimbo is going nowhere. People forget he had to establish his own culture. Let’s hope this is not the making of a new giant.

• Like 1

The amount of talent Jimbo has amassed at TaMu the past couple seasons is starting to reach Bama UGA levels.  I wonder how last season would have panned out if Haynes doesn't get hurt against Colorado?  They've dominated Auburn in the trenches the past three years and probably won't get much better this year.  TaMu is going to be that next team in the West every year until Harsin gets the lines where they need to be.  

It's been pretty clear since they joined the SEC that TAMU would be one of the big boys at some point. They were already at the very top in terms of resources and facilities. They'd already shown they could recruit at an elite level. They're basically Michigan without the academic or geographic constraints. How anyone didn't take it seriously when they hired a guy who won a national title just 4 years prior and who learned 'crootin from Bobby Bowden is kinda wild. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's been pretty clear since they joined the SEC that TAMU would be one of the big boys at some point. They were already at the very top in terms of resources and facilities. They'd already shown they could recruit at an elite level. They're basically Michigan without the academic or geographic constraints. How anyone didn't take it seriously when they hired a guy who won a national title just 4 years prior and who learned 'crootin from Bobby Bowden is kinda wild. 

If you think about it, you can see how alot of people on here would overlook. Because when it's time to talk coaches hardly anybody gets any respect period. I spoke on how Kirby going to uga would effects is tremendously and was laughed at. It's damn near you have to be Nick saban himself for some to think you will be a successful coach for whatever reason on here. You're right it's wild

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you think about it, you can see how alot of people on here would overlook. Because when it's time to talk coaches hardly anybody gets any respect period. I spoke on how Kirby going to uga would effects is tremendously and was laughed at. It's damn near you have to be Nick saban himself for some to think you will be a successful coach for whatever reason on here. You're right it's wild

They do it to our current coach. They just refuse to understand what his accomplishments before coming here really were. 

Not comparing him to Fisher or us to TAMU, but it's the same thing you're talking about. 

• Like 1