Nix enters the portal

AUreo

6 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Haha you must live along the 1-75 corridor in NW Georgia.  We just got multiple culver's and a Buccee's.  That place is a nightmare.  Good stuff but folks are driving from all over the place just to visit.  

Yep! I live in Dallas, GA. 😊

24 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Because they obviously didn't heed your directive until you had to posted it for the second time. 

It usually takes more than once, but I rather approach it as respectfully and adult-like as possible. Although I don't mind rolling in the mud and getting dirty If needed.

War Eagle!

• Like 1

Nobody likes a narc, Jerr Bear.

Culver's is awesome! Tell you what, though. You double up on a burger *and* a milkshake and you'd better not have plans for the rest of the day.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Context matters, thanks for adding it.

My B

100%

I enjoy whataburger, bit the ones I've had  outside of Texas are never as good or fresh.

Everything is better in Texas, I hear.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Nobody likes a narc, Jerr Bear.

Culver's is awesome! Tell you what, though. You double up on a burger *and* a milkshake and you'd better not have plans for the rest of the day.

When I lived in Bloomington Illinois I lived near one and never tried it.......now I'm feeling pretty dumb

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Because they obviously didn't heed your directive until you had to posted it for the second time. 

Part of that is my fault Jerry so I will take responsibility for that.  All water under the bridge now though.  Cole knows I don't hate him or anything, even if our conversations get ugly.  No ill-will on my end.

Just now, cole256 said:

When I lived in Bloomington Illinois I lived near one and never tried it.......now I'm feeling pretty dumb

I know there's one down the street from my in-laws!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Yep! I live in Dallas, GA. 😊

Good to meet you, neighbor.  My death row last meal would be all the crab legs I could eat and Culver's custard.  My goodness it is amazing!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you've been to Steak'n'Shake it's not that different. 

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

If you've been to Steak'n'Shake it's not that different. 

Oh yeah. When I lived in Chattanooga I would stop there often when I'd get off at 3 am. Either there or krystal's

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I was fine with all of the hot takes in this thread until we got to Whataburger. Whataburger isn't the burger of lunch or dinner, it can only be truly appreciated from the midnight to 3 AM hours. 

The entire menu is at your disposal, always get a shake, leave wondering how you just ate all that food for < $10.

As far as Buc-ees goes, everyone is spot on. You won't find a better public restroom on the planet. Skip their merch but definitely go heavy on their food. Brisket 24/7, banana pudding, candied almonds, the jerky wall, I'm hungry just thinking about it. 

I'll drive out of the way to use Buccee's bathroom's.  Unreal the cleanliness of that place.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

THANK YOU. This is a perfect description of Cook-Out, which is similarly overhyped, also.

I just realized that my statement works almost identically for cookout. Just change the $10 to $7 and it's spot on. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Good to meet you, neighbor.  My death row last meal would be all the crab legs I could eat and Culver's custard.  My goodness it is amazing!  

I haven’t had the custard due to the diabetes.  I’ve heard it is fantastic!

Where are you from?

Edited by 3rdgeneration

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh yeah. When I lived in Chattanooga I would stop there often when I'd get off at 3 am. Either there or krystal's

SnS = I'm willing to wait 5 minutes for some food I'll enjoy a little bit
Krystal = I NEED TO FILL MY BODY UP LIKE A TRASH CAN IMMEDIATELY

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's the Chick Fil A of the chain burger joints. Wife is Midwestern, so we are frequent flyers. 

The food isn't exceptional or anything, but it's always good, clean, and service is great. You always know what you're gonna get. Also custard.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I just realized that my statement works almost identically for cookout. Just change the $10 to $7 and it's spot on. 

That's what the obnoxiously yelled "thank you" was for. I almost said the same thing about Cook-Out earlier in the thread but what it wouldn't have been perfect like what you said. 

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I haven’t had the custard due to the diabetes.  I’ve heard it is fantastic!

Where are you from?

We live about halfway between Cartersville and Canton, just off on 20.  The north side of Allatoona Lake.

Sorry to hear about the diabetes.  I'm not there diabetic but sweets really cause me to crash.  Pre-diabetic I guess.  The only time I get the custard is when my boys and I are heading home and I have nothing to do.  Impossible to do anything after eating Culver's.  haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

OMG that would be perfect and Gus will definitely get him to the NFL

It also won't take him long to learn the system. Run it up the middle 2 plays and then a wide receiver screen. And continue to do this whether it works or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

SnS = I'm willing to wait 5 minutes for some food I'll enjoy a little bit
Krystal = I NEED TO FILL MY BODY UP LIKE A TRASH CAN IMMEDIATELY

I have to admit that I have eaten my fair share of Krystals over the years.  Fortunately, I did not make the mistake of eating any of them while sober.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Haha you must live along the 1-75 corridor in NW Georgia.  We just got multiple culver's and a Buccee's.  That place is a nightmare.  Good stuff but folks are driving from all over the place just to visit.  

Hmmm, and here I was excited that they've just broken ground on a Buc-ee's close to Huntsville. It'll be located off of I-65 just south of Athens. My sister - who lives in Spanish Fort - raves about the one in Loxley (the "Beach Express Buc-ee's" since it's at the exit for Gulf Shores/Orange Beach off of I-10) and says "you need to go" when they open.

My excitement has been tempered somewhat as I can imagine what it'll be like when it does open up. Folks here in Huntsville seem to have a herd mentality and stampede towards anything new, especially restaurants. And Buc-ee's seems like it will have enough food offerings to qualify as a "restaurant". Throw in the fact that most people traveling along I-65 anywhere from Nashville to Montgomery seem to lose that many IQ points - 65 - when it comes to their driving ability and I can see that stretch of the interstate becoming a Charlie-Foxtrot!    

I think we need an investigation on the turn from Auburn drama to food and gas stations. 

Did the mods plant a mole to get us all passionately discussing food? 

If so, one of the greatest tactics in the history of this board. 

• Like 1