Nix enters the portal

AUreo

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Nobody likes a narc, Jerr Bear.

Culver's is awesome! Tell you what, though. You double up on a burger *and* a milkshake and you'd better not have plans for the rest of the day.

"It's not ice cream, it is custard." I don't eat fast-food much but the amount of times I hear that up here...

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Michael X said:

Hmmm, and here I was excited that they've just broken ground on a Buc-ee's close to Huntsville. It'll be located off of I-65 just south of Athens. My sister - who lives in Spanish Fort - raves about the one in Loxley (the "Beach Express Buc-ee's" since it's at the exit for Gulf Shores/Orange Beach off of I-10) and says "you need to go" when they open.

My excitement has been tempered somewhat as I can imagine what it'll be like when it does open up. Folks here in Huntsville seem to have a herd mentality and stampede towards anything new, especially restaurants. And Buc-ee's seems like it will have enough food offerings to qualify as a "restaurant". Throw in the fact that most people traveling along I-65 anywhere from Nashville to Montgomery seem to lose that many IQ points - 65 - when it comes to their driving ability and I can see that stretch of the interstate becoming a Charlie-Foxtrot!    

I lived in that area for most my life. I'd take the driving in that area over the driving on 35W north in Texas any day of the week

1 hour ago, selias said:

Same with In-N-Out. I was underwhelmed. It was a burger, not great but not terrible.

It's quick, reasonably priced, with a small simple menu, and fresh, never frozen. The drawback is the sauce, which is a Big Mac cousin. Some like it. Others are ketchup and mustard people. It's ok.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That moment when you see the bag the next day and remember. 

Quickly followed by the smell of the three left over Krystal’s still inside that bag that, without fail, is still sitting on the counter rather than in the trash.

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

"It's not ice cream, it is custard." I don't eat fast-food much but the amount of times I hear that up here...

Well, it's true. Better than ice cream, and soooo much better than gelato. 

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I remember loving Willie's at Auburn. Staying open a bit later has always seemed like a good business decision. Especially places with colleges in the area

Oh, we would get their wings all the time, I probably ate over a thousand in my time at AU.  Probably aren't as good as I remember them to be but damn they hit the spot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Well, it's true. Better than ice cream, and soooo much better than gelato. 

Oh is it now 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Part of that is my fault Jerry so I will take responsibility for that.  All water under the bridge now though.  Cole knows I don't hate him or anything, even if our conversations get ugly.  No ill-will on my end.

I'm new here, so I'm oblivious to most things on this board.  😎

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Quickly followed by the smell of the three left over Krystal’s still inside that bag that, without fail, is still sitting on the counter rather than in the trash.

If bad decisions can be encapsulated into an odor, it is the odor of three leftover Krystals.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Anyone remember the "Goal Post" in Auburn?  (Also known as the Gross Post.) 

Foot long chili dogs - food of the post party drunks.

Tiger Time breakfast burrito after shutting down the Supper Club.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Oh, we would get their wings all the time, I probably ate over a thousand in my time at AU.  Probably aren't as good as I remember them to be but damn they hit the spot.

I'd always get a pizza sub and cheesy tots. Go to meal after spending all night in an engineering lab. You're right, it ALWAYS hit the spot

5 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I'm new here, so I'm oblivious to most things on this board.  😎

No worries!  Welcome to the forum!  Hope our spat didn't shy you away from here.  A lot of great people on this site.  My favorite Auburn forum, personally.

21 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Sneaky good writing right here. Mainly because it's true. 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But a fresh krystal straight off the grill is amazing

10 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I liken it to the hot Krispy Kreme that rolls off the belt!

That's actually a really good comparison. You don't even need teeth to eat either of them fresh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I liken it to the hot Krispy Kreme that rolls off the belt!

I would even try to time mine lol. If I saw around 3 people in line I felt that gives me a good possibility to maybe getting some fresh burgers lol. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh is it now 

Eh, custard is hit and miss for me. Richer than ice cream, so sometimes it works, but often it's a bit much.

I don't think anyone would be surprised to hear that Wisconsin found a way to make something less healthy. Their goal is to make everything an edible version of the five finger death punch.

Edited by Leftfield

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s no way Patrick pulled up to Auburn and demanded his kid start lmfao 

I feel the worst for the guys who were on here defending him for 3 years 

Don't worry. You remember how people would get defensive and try to stop anybody from talking about Bo? You remember the rent free in your mind statement used all the time? 

Yeah. Strong similarities lol. You may even see that phrase if you read all the posts in this thread lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USATiger said:

Yes it will be a freakin' circus.  We go to the one near Calhoun.  We stopped in one Saturday after my son's football game.  There were folks having to be separated in the parking lot, fighting over a parking space.  There's like 1000 but it was nut-cutting trying to get one.  Like Black Friday crap.  The only times we go are late at night or early morning, traveling to and from the mountains.  I'd love to have stock in the place.  

You know that Bucee’s is one of the smaller ones? The one in Perry, GA is HUGE!