Nix enters the portal

AUreo

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Krystal = I NEED TO FILL MY BODY UP LIKE A TRASH CAN IMMEDIATELY

It’s so satisfying in the moment. Next day, it’s usually on a long list of regrets from the previous night.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I have to admit that I have eaten my fair share of Krystals over the years.  Fortunately, I did not make the mistake of eating any of them while sober.

As have I. And more recently than I'd care to admit. Not, like, this week, but definitely in the last 10 years. 

There is pleasure in the eating, but I'm curious how many people would ever eat there if literally anything else was that fast, that cheap, and that open after the bars close. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

SnS = I'm willing to wait 5 minutes for some food I'll enjoy a little bit
Krystal = I NEED TO FILL MY BODY UP LIKE A TRASH CAN IMMEDIATELY

This right here exactly!

This isn't really a fast-food chain, but I learned that River Street Sweets is expanding into Atlanta.  I know they are in the airport as well as at The Battery where the Braves play.  For those that do not know, they are a famous candy shop in Savannah.  If you see one, try a Praline!

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

It’s so satisfying in the moment. Next day, it’s usually on a long list of regrets from the previous night.

That moment when you see the bag the next day and remember. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As have I. And more recently than I'd care to admit. Not, like, this week, but definitely in the last 10 years. 

There is pleasure in the eating, but I'm curious how many people would ever eat there if literally anything else was that fast, that cheap, and that open after the bars close. 

I crave them sober and they just reopened in Slidell,LA......only a mere 25 minutes away😢

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I crave them sober and they just reopened in Slidell,LA......only a mere 25 minutes away😢

They were gonna build it closer to you but I told them I need my buddy Kevon67 to live a lot longer

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Michael X said:

Hmmm, and here I was excited that they've just broken ground on a Buc-ee's close to Huntsville. It'll be located off of I-65 just south of Athens. My sister - who lives in Spanish Fort - raves about the one in Loxley (the "Beach Express Buc-ee's" since it's at the exit for Gulf Shores/Orange Beach off of I-10) and says "you need to go" when they open.

My excitement has been tempered somewhat as I can imagine what it'll be like when it does open up. Folks here in Huntsville seem to have a herd mentality and stampede towards anything new, especially restaurants. And Buc-ee's seems like it will have enough food offerings to qualify as a "restaurant". Throw in the fact that most people traveling along I-65 anywhere from Nashville to Montgomery seem to lose that many IQ points - 65 - when it comes to their driving ability and I can see that stretch of the interstate becoming a Charlie-Foxtrot!    

Yes it will be a freakin' circus.  We go to the one near Calhoun.  We stopped in one Saturday after my son's football game.  There were folks having to be separated in the parking lot, fighting over a parking space.  There's like 1000 but it was nut-cutting trying to get one.  Like Black Friday crap.  The only times we go are late at night or early morning, traveling to and from the mountains.  I'd love to have stock in the place.  

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They were gonna build it closer to you but I told them I need my buddy Kevon67 to live a lot longer

It worked anything over 10 minutes away I can easily talk myself out of😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Anyone remember the "Goal Post" in Auburn?  (Also known as the Gross Post.) 

Foot long chili dogs - food of the post party drunks.

Right under the water tower on Glenn and Donahue.  I want to say it is still there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, USATiger said:

I'd love to have stock in the place.  

Unfortunately it is privately-held

I think Nix read alot of social media and I think his parents sit with the common folk at home games and probably heard plenty when Nix wasn't playing well.......just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I think Nix read alot of social media and I think his parents sit with the common folk at home games and probably heard plenty when Nix wasn't playing well.......just my opinion.

I have no info but it sure feels like that played into it. 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I am not convinced there is pleasure in the eating, just an immediate desire to ingest something not name whisky.  I think Taco Bell being open late has put a sizeable dent in their business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

I am not convinced there is pleasure in the eating, just an immediate desire to ingest something not name whisky.  I think Taco Bell being open late has put a sizeable dent in their business.

PERFECT example. Exactly. (Although I must admit to loving Taco Bell, when sober and unironically.)

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Anyone remember the "Goal Post" in Auburn?  (Also known as the Gross Post.) 

Foot long chili dogs - food of the post party drunks.

yep

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I have no info but it sure feels like that played into it. 

Same here......kind of what I gathered from his exit statement.

I can remember being in the stands at a few games where Pat had a few bad drives and fans were calling for Craig.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

As a former player and coach, I would think Pat Nix understands the nature of the beast with fans.  A QB can go from fans wanting him benched to being compared to Manziel, in a matter of weeks, and then go back to fans wanting him benched again.  Opinions about Bo Nix shifted and varied as wildly as his play.

• Like 2

I remember loving Willie's at Auburn. Staying open a bit later has always seemed like a good business decision. Especially places with colleges in the area

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think we need an investigation on the turn from Auburn drama to food and gas stations. 

Did the mods plant a mole to get us all passionately discussing food? 

If so, one of the greatest tactics in the history of this board. 

Somebody said something about Whataburger. I gave my opinion and @Barnacle started a wonderful convo. I used it to squeeze a bucee's shout out and we went from there!

• Haha 1