Nix enters the portal

AUreo

Weirdest thing about all of this is Nix has a no contact on his portal profile, which would seem to indicate they knew where his landing spot would be.  

Wondering if A&M was in the plans and with Max Johnson and his brother falling into Jimbo’s lap this eliminated that possibility. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

From what he states in that article doesn’t really seem like Lane is trying very hard considering he’s had Ward and Gabriel on campus. 

Bo could be putting that out there to give the appearance of him looking more desirable to programs. 

His girlfriend’s post just pissed me off.  “Being booed off your home field”….well, don’t suck it up against GA freaking State.   “Being begged to return”…..laughable.  I don’t see that happening at all. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

His girlfriend’s post just pissed me off.  “Being booed off your home field”….well, don’t suck it up against GA freaking State.   “Being begged to return”…..laughable.  I don’t see that happening at all. 

Agreed. I’ve been an ardent supporter of Bo and still believe him and his family are good people. But there’s a level of drama to this whole thing, including her post that makes me glad they’ve moved on. 

5 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Weirdest thing about all of this is Nix has a no contact on his portal profile, which would seem to indicate they knew where his landing spot would be.  

Wondering if A&M was in the plans and with Max Johnson and his brother falling into Jimbo’s lap this eliminated that possibility. 

This!!!!

On 12/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, Auburn Tiger said:

Auburn nation about to boycott Milo’s. Lol. 

Milo's was supporting Auburn by giving BN an NIL deal.  Everyone that boycotts should ante up the money for the next NIL deal.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I’m sure many will get on their high horse and give me a “thumbs down” oh God forbid. You say you are a Auburn man and then go to any other school in the SEC. I’m sorry. I really am. But Nix is trash if he does this. Him and especially his Daddy. If this kinda crap is the future I will pass. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

According to a poster on another site this may be the case. He spoke with someone in the know that said it was all lined up but Johnson entered the portal. More eligibility and higher upside than Bo. Supposedly Pat is now in desperation mode trying to backdoor a spot somewhere. There was a rumor they even called Harsin and asked if he could exit the portal and were told to kick rocks

• Love 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

According to a poster on another site this may be the case. He spoke with someone in the know that said it was all lined up but Johnson entered the portal. More eligibility and higher upside than Bo. Supposedly Pat is now in desperation mode trying to backdoor a spot somewhere. There was a rumor they even called Harsin and asked if he could exit the portal and were told to kick rocks

I hope this is true. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I hope this is true. 

Obviously gotta take everything with a grain of salt, but agree it would be hilarious. The A&M part definitely seems plausible. Jimbo and Pat's relationship and the fact that Jimbo has raved about Bo several times. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

There was a rumor they even called Harsin and asked if he could exit the portal and were told to kick rocks

I don't know about that, but it has been well publicized that Harsin does not take people who have entered the portal back on the team.

• Like 2

I really don't get the disdain for Bo Nix that some have expressed in this thread. I was never on either side of the pro-Nix or anti-Nix QB debate. I made it clear earlier this season after the Texas A&M loss that Nix was not the answer at QB for Auburn. You'd think people would be glad he's leaving and we can give someone else a chance at QB but instead it's a lot of sour grapes and scorn directed at Nix about not loving Auburn.

He played for almost a whole quarter after breaking his ankle against Miss St. He could have quit after getting benched in the Georgia State game and having Finley lead the team to a win. Instead he played better until the A&M game. He made plays against LSU to win in Baton Rouge for the first time since 1999. He could have transferred last year like others did after Malzahn was fired but he gave the new staff a chance. It didn't work out.

He stayed long enough to get his degree from Auburn. I think Nix getting his degree snowed he cared about the school. He'll always be an Auburn tiger whether some like it or not.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I really don't get the disdain for Bo Nix that some have expressed in this thread. I was never on either side of the pro-Nix or anti-Nix QB debate. I made it clear earlier this season after the Texas A&M loss that Nix was not the answer at QB for Auburn. You'd think people would be glad he's leaving and we can give someone else a chance at QB but instead it's a lot of sour grapes and scorn directed at Nix about not loving Auburn.

He played for almost a whole quarter after breaking his ankle against Miss St. He could have quit after getting benched in the Georgia State game and having Finley lead the team to a win. Instead he played better until the A&M game. He made plays against LSU to win in Baton Rouge for the first time since 1999. He could have transferred last year like others did after Malzahn was fired but he gave the new staff a chance. It didn't work out.

He stayed long enough to get his degree from Auburn. I think Nix getting his degree snowed he cared about the school. He'll always be an Auburn tiger whether some like it or not.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think its disdain but when Bo said how much Auburn meant to him and then we start hearing he may end up at Ole Miss or A&M it kind of like he/Dad wants to stick it to Auburn. That would piss me off if true. He could go to the east division or totally out of the SEC but seems like he was hell bent on the west. Well it looks like that may not work out for him we shall see. jmo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I understand what you're saying but I don't think its disdain but when Bo said how much Auburn meant to him and then we start hearing he may end up at Ole Miss or A&M it kind of like he/Dad wants to stick it to Auburn. That would piss me off if true. He could go to the east division or totally out of the SEC but seems like he was hell bent on the west. Well it looks like that may not work out for him we shall see. jmo

It’s all of this. No other player came out and said all the “I sacrificed for Auburn” speech. It’s attention seeking. He’s not a celebrity, but he’s acting like one. Nix is about Nix. It was obvious in the sidelines for three years, and it’s even more obvious now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Bo to Oregon with Lanning

A post shared by Bo Nix (@bonix10)

So instead of “winning championships at auburn” he’s gonna try at the school auburn won a championship against

• Like 1

Not sure anyone saw him going across the country to play. TBH could be great for him to get away or will be a complete disaster. Time will tell

• Like 1

Oregon has 3 Four-Star RS freshmen QBs on their roster. Interesting competition in their QB room now. 

• Like 1