Nix enters the portal

AUreo

Just now, Barnacle said:

So, instead of making my own simple syrup, I simply spoon the cherry juice into the drink. I never ever seem to have SS already made and I’m usually too impatient to make some when the spirit moves me to make a cocktail. But, I think you’re onto something with the orange peel. [1]

We making these with bourbon or rye? [2]

[1] I keep the 3 simple syrups on hand in squeeze bottles in the fridge. SS keeps for a long time when refrigerated.

[2] Yes lol (depends on my mood at the time)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

You guys give me hope. It's still all Paw Patrol and Kidz Bop at my house. HOWEVER "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston is now, quite by accident, McLittle's and my official song. And she watched Tina Turner sing "Proud Mary" on my phone in car line this morning and she started singing along with it. Baby steps!

Paw Patrol, Paw Patrol, we’ll be there on the double!

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ooh, mint would be good in a mai tai, too. And I freaking love mint iced tea.

I have a great recipe for a lightly minted/lightly sweet tea/bourbon drink at the house. Had it as a house ewvwning cocktail at a B&B in Lafayette. Fantastic social lubricant.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiger Refuge said:

I have a great recipe for a lightly minted/lightly sweet tea/bourbon drink at the house. Had it as a house ewvwning cocktail at a B&B in Lafayette. Fantastic social lubricant.

You have my attention

6 minutes ago, selias said:

I'm not much of a beer guy anymore

My brain is but my tumtum isn't :( 

EDIT: I should clarify that I still enjoy really good beer, and frequently. It's just that I'm not likely to have more than 2 in a 24 hr period anymore. 

Edited by McLoofus

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My brain is but my tumtum isn't :( 

EDIT: I should clarify that I still enjoy really good beer, and frequently. It's just that I'm not likely to have more than 2 in a 24 hr period anymore. 

Yeah, I'll have a beer occasionally but anymore I just end up with heartburn later. Gimme the hard liquor these days

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You guys give me hope. It's still all Paw Patrol and Kidz Bop at my house. HOWEVER "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston is now, quite by accident, McLittle's and my official song. And she watched Tina Turner sing "Proud Mary" on my phone in car line this morning and she started singing along with it. Baby steps!

Yes Paw Patrol thats one ear worm that sticks around for days😂

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What kind of bitters do you use?

I normally use Angostura. But if you have any Amaros on hand, experiment with them sometime. I'll occasionally use Campari, Amaro Nonino, Averna Siciliano, or Amaro Montenegro as my bitters. They're all some combination of bitter & sweet and make for an interesting twist on the Old Fashioned.... I have too much Amaro.

50 minutes ago, selias said:

There are other bitters to use in an Old Fashioned beyond Angostura?

I do cheat with the orange peel though. I make simple syrup and then steep orange peel in the hot syrup for later storage in the fridge. So much easier.

Agreed on making your own simple syrup. You can do lots of things with it & control the sweetness; stuff at the store is too sweet for me. I've done orange & mint a few times. Also just did a cinnamon & nutmeg experiment b/c it seemed like something to try this time of year.

28 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

So, instead of making my own simple syrup, I simply spoon the cherry juice into the drink. I never ever seem to have SS already made and I’m usually too impatient to make some when the spirit moves me to make a cocktail. But, I think you’re onto something with the orange peel. 

We making these with bourbon or rye?

Rye!

I have absolutely nothing to add to football discussions. Glad this evolved/devolved into liquor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, marsbold said:

I normally use Angostura. But if you have any Amaros on hand, experiment with them sometime. I'll occasionally use Campari, Amaro Nonino, Averna Siciliano, or Amaro Montenegro as my bitters. They're all some combination of bitter & sweet and make for an interesting twist on the Old Fashioned.... I have too much Amaro.

Agreed on making your own simple syrup. You can do lots of things with it & control the sweetness; stuff at the store is too sweet for me. I've done orange & mint a few times. Also just did a cinnamon & nutmeg experiment b/c it seemed like something to try this time of year.

Rye!

I have absolutely nothing to add to football discussions. Glad this evolved/devolved into liquor.

*LOVE*

18 hours ago, au302 said:

Good stuff from a poster I respect on another board. About the whole team not just Bo. Harsin supposedly recently told the team that nobody played good enough this year to have a guaranteed job next year. If you don't want to risk being second team, then go somewhere else. I freaking love it. He's right. When you go 6-6 every job should be wide open the next offseason

Accountability is huge, and I like that he said this speech

He's booted coaches for underperforming, but I do need him to do better with some of the more subtle coaching decisions. Not critiquing his decision to speak to the team in such a way, and I think he SHOULD have had that talk. But no one on any level of the football program performed well enough (except the TE and maybe LB coach). This is the foundation and I know we'll continue building from that 

I heard Bo left because, even though we gave him the perfect rye OldFashioned with Few orange bitters as well as a delicious FarmBurger, he had to watch Paw Patrol with film study. Good riddance….

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I shall post it when I arrive at the hacienda.

@McLoofus @selias

Okay so I may have overstated it a bit. But here it is. I have no recommendations for quantities, so you’ll have to adjust as needed.

Lipton lemon instant tea, peach brandy, bourbon, water and peppermint extract. So it appeared it was all about efficiency. Poured over ice.

Oh, and football. So no one gets mad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, marsbold said:

Rye!

Last Christmas we made some delicious drinks called Mr. Novembers - chai-infused rye with cinnamon-stick infused simple syrup, apple cider, fresh lemon juice, and some nutmeg on top. Was one of the best things I ever put in my mouth.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

30 minutes ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

I love opening a thread about a significant player leaving, but instead of seeing anything on topic it’s jargon about fast food, cocktails and paw patrol. 

Mods?

stop telling, Tekashi Sixnine. There is no new things to report, YET. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Paw Patrol, Paw Patrol, we’ll be there on the double!

No job too big no pup too small. Paw patrol is on a roll. Here we go paw patrol. 

• Haha 1