Evander Holyfield a WR @ Auburn??

OKieAuburnDoug

Nope, it's his son.

They're all named Evander. He was going out got running back like two years ago. He should be a Junior now, right?

My info says he has left the program along with all of these other players:

OT Rhett Autrey of Jay, Fla.; sophomore LB *Montavian Collier of Opelika, Ala.; sophomore QB Dustin Goodwin of Demopolis, Ala.; junior H *Wesley Hill of Cordele, Ga.; sophomore WR Evander Holyfield of Fairburn, Ga.; senior DT Todd Hughes of Marietta, Ga.; sophomore SS Carlos Johnson of Birmingham, Ala.; senior SS Andrew Letts of Hinsdale, Ill.; sophomore DS Chase Newton of Daphne, Ala.; sophomore TE Ernest Norman of New Orleans; sophomore TE *Korey Raymond of Reserve, La.; junior LB A.J. Ruffin of Butler, Ala.; OL George Vallone of Deltona, Fla.; junior C *Will Ward of Prattville, Ala.; sophomore RB *Jerald Watson of Morgan City, La.; DB Craig Williams of New Orleans; and senior DB Gerald Williams of Columbus, Ga. (* - scholarship players)

Guess we won't be seeing Evander senior in the stands this year.

If i remember correctly he played in the A Day game......... he has left since then?

If i remember correctly he played in the  A Day game......... he has left since then?

168717[/snapback]

He did play that much I remember if I am not mistaken he even caught 1 of the 2 passes that went his way.

I think he is still there I was watching a friday night fights on espn not but about two weeks back, they were talking to Evander Holyfeild Sr. and when asked what he was doing he said, "spending a lot of my time in auburn, visiting his son who is playing football this season." Most times espn friday boxing is live.

I'm not sure but I believe he gave up FB. He is not listed on any preseason roster I've see, like the one posted in the thread below entitled "Gabe Mckenzie." I have no idea if he is still in school.

:blink: Wow. Some of the names on that list kind of surprised me. I heard about some like Watson and Collier but I hadn't heard about Andrew Letts, William Ward, Korey Raymond and some others. Letts got some good playing time last year. He did some good things and I was looking for him to contribute in a backup role.

Will Ward is a friend of the family. He had some serious back and knee problems and had to give up Football. Coach Tuberville and the whole Staff treated him very well and he is happy for the experience and is getting on with College life. :au:

he is still listed on the roster at AuburnTigers.com and played a couple of downs last season.

Evander Holyfield

168761[/snapback]

Note that this is a Spring Preview roster and is not up to date. A lot of these guys heve dropped by the wayside.

I remember one of my friends having to talk to his dad about Camp War Eagle a couple years back when I was a telecounselor. :lol: She was expecting to leave a message with the receptionist, but instead they put her through. :lol: We all watched as she sweated through the call, almost freaking out.

Archived