Best Surprise

AUpreacherman22

17 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s my dude!  Representing my hometown, Decatur, AL!

Love me some Big Bob Gibsons!!! The turkey with the white sauce👌

• Love 1

Lots of guys listed that were 4* recruits...I don't think those should really ever be considered surprises. Tre Smith and a few others.

Kenny Irons is a guy for me. 3* kid, ran so damn hard, told the world he'd run for 200 in Death Valley then did it....damn field goal kickers.

If it wasn't for acl tears I'd have to imagine he would have had a solid NFL career

• Love 1

I think Brandon Mosley is worth an honorable mention here. He was a juco transfer (listed as a TE by some sites) who was over shadowed in that 2010 class by Cam, Dyer and a bunch of others. But there was no one else on the roster to play right tackle opposite Ziemba, and I don't think we win the title without him. 

• Like 1

Gene Chizik.  I hated his hire but was immediately fine when I saw who he hired for his staff.  Who would have predicted when he was hired and got booed at the airport he'd be the coach to bring Auburn a national championship.  Obviously didn't end well but was a good 2.5 year run.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 7:21 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s my dude!  Representing my hometown, Decatur, AL!

Does anyone remember when he got bit by that German Shepard during the 2007 Iron Bowl?