For those of you who think firing Malzahn for Harsin was a mistake

Rednilla

On 12/30/2021 at 8:18 PM, eaglenest said:

Harsin is not on the clock, wishful thinking on your part though.

Yeah right......Within the next year, Auburn will have a new President and very likely a new AD.  Even without those developments, ANY coach at Auburn that has a losing season is walking on broken glass.  With those developments, improvements are expected or administrators will appease by making their own hires and not sinking with someone they had no connection with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Some of you are hilarious. I'm glad none of you are in charge of anything at Auburn. Some talk like they are somebody, in a high ranking position, when they make comments like, " Well, I'll give him two years". I'm sure Harsin appreciates it. It is quite funny,  if I didn't know some of you experts were serious. Give me a break. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Yeah right......Within the next year, Auburn will have a new President and very likely a new AD.  Even without those developments, ANY coach at Auburn that has a losing season is walking on broken glass.  With those developments, improvements are expected or administrators will appease by making their own hires and not sinking with someone they had no connection with.

For you sir, I will give you a whirlybird, instead of a disagreeing emoticon.....

whirlybird.gif.3fac420b55b59cb22029ebbd1944411d.gif

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

For you sir, I will give you a whirlybird, instead of a disagreeing emoticon.....

whirlybird.gif.3fac420b55b59cb22029ebbd1944411d.gif

No idea what you are disagreeing with.  Anyone that thinks a losing season at Auburn doesn't warrant or result in second guessing has not been around for very long or has forgotten where they are.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

No idea what you are disagreeing with.  Anyone that thinks a losing season at Auburn doesn't warrant or result in second guessing has not been around for very long or has forgotten where they are.

The first danged year, or even the second. Come on man. 

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

Edited by Didba
Unecessary.

39 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Well, Gene Chizik was fired after two seasons. I'm not saying it will happen but, if this team goes 3-9 next year, anything is possible.

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

Well, Gene Chizik was fired after two seasons. I'm not saying it will happen but, if this team goes 3-9 next year, anything is possible.

uh, well no sh!t, if Billy B left the Pats and came to Auburn and went 3-9 he would get fired.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

This is such a terrible take and outs you as someone that doesn't know anything about scheme.

Edited by Didba

1 hour ago, murpjf88 said:

Ummm 2009-2012=4

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Didba said:

This is such a terrible take and outside you as someone that doesn't know anything. This post really destroys your credibility man. I hope you were joking or drunk.

Ease up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Ease up.

Edited it.

4 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

man i look at your pic and i just wish you would cheer up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Didba said:

he's a fool, and a Gus apologist, further he really doesn't know football.  anyone with a take that bad knows jack about football

He is not an apologist for anyone, he knows as much as anyone opining about football, having played, coached and swam in it for 30 years and thankfully he doesn't give a rat's ass if you agree with him or not.

The title to this thread is just dumb.  I haven't seen anyone argue that Auburn shouldn't have made a change or that it wasn't time for a change.  People can offer criticism of Harsin without it having a damn thing to do with Gus.  There are Auburn and non Auburn people that shake their heads at spending approx $70 million and getting a losing season in return.  That has nothing to do with Gus and more to do with Harsin.

I was in favor of the Harsin hire when it was made.  His actions have made me more critical since that time.  That has nothing to do with Gus.  Gus is in Orlando.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That has nothing to do with Gus

Except it does and it will continue to be addressed until it's bred out. 

Many like yourself want to discuss CBH's shortcomings, but, at the same time, don't want to discuss the missteps of the previous regime... although they had profound and lasting effects that directly caused many of the perceived shortcomings you do want to discuss.  It's silly to want to address current issues without discussing the direct cause of many of them 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

Umm I don't know if you are jk or not but he was here for longer then 2 seasons? 2009-2012. I know math is hard but I'm pretty sure that's more than two seasons but I'm not 100% on that. 🤣🤷

Edited by autiger88

On 1/1/2022 at 12:25 AM, slyinsocal said:

Mikey

Touchdown Auurn!

SilverDonor

27,125 posts

Author

Posted yesterday at 08:52 PM

On 12/30/2021 at 7:31 AM,  Rednilla said: 

Will you support Harsin for 8+ years if he loses 4-5 per year?

First he'd have to be a key factor in AU winning a national championship and also playing for another. Beating two #1 ranked teams in a three week period when said #1's are your biggest rivals also buys some credibility. If Harsin accomplishes these things, he'll have earned by praise.

An impressive list no coach prior to Gus achieved.

I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who doesn't read/comphehend posts. Shug Jordan, Pat Dye, Terry Bowden, Tommy Tuberville, Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn all accomplished things that earned them support. All did different things, but all had accomplishments at Auburn that earned them support. To date, Harsin has not accomplished anything. To repeat, barring catastrophe,  the university is honor-bound to give him his 3 years or so. Fans can afford to wait until he shows something positive before jumping on a band wagon.

19 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Making comparisons of CBH's 1st year record with anybody else's is fine unless you resort to drawing some kind of specious firm conclusion which proves nothing except your own ignorance of the definition of coincidence.  

"I don't believe in coincidence" Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I didn't realize I was dealing with someone who doesn't read/comphehend posts. Shug Jordan, Pat Dye, Terry Bowden, Tommy Tuberville, Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn all accomplished things that earned them support. All did different things, but all had accomplishments at Auburn that earned them support. To date, Harsin has not accomplished anything. To repeat, barring catastrophe,  the university is honor-bound to give him his 3 years or so. Fans can afford to wait until he shows something positive before jumping on a band wagon.

What had Dye accomplished at Auburn that earned him forgiveness for going 5-6 his first year? Or Tuberville, for that matter? 

And are you calling yourself a bandwagon fan? Because I'm a fan of Auburn, which means I'm going to support Auburn through the thick AND the thin, not just when they're doing well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

What had Dye accomplished at Auburn that earned him forgiveness for going 5-6 his first year? Or Tuberville, for that matter? 

Shug too. He went 5-5 and 2-8 his first 2 seasons. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Shug too. He went 5-5 and 2-8 his first 2 seasons. 

Yeah, but Shug was at least an Auburn man already, having played at Auburn.

Hard to compare Shug and Harsin.  No message boards, social media, or dramatic “Sports Journalists” in the 50s.  Tubs or Dye would be the example I would use. Tubs might of actually had a good year in 99 if Leard doesn’t get hurt against Ole Miss.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Aside from the team appearing to be more competitive in some games, nothing. Any number of AU people, fans and permanent staff were waiting to form an opinion on Dye. Inheriting a team that was 5-6 and finishing 5-6 with them is one thing. This year's results were a decline. That's a different thing.

• Like 2