For those of you who think firing Malzahn for Harsin was a mistake

Rednilla

I doubt Malzahn was satisfied with 8-4, he just believed his own personal "process" would eventually bare fruit. 

Harsin is on the clock. 

ETA: I was ready for Gus to be gone years ago. 

Edited by aucom96
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

I doubt Malzahn was satisfied with 8-4, he just believed his own personal "process" would eventually bare fruit. 

Harsin is on the clock. 

Harsin is not on the clock, wishful thinking on your part though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

How is he not? He has the job, doesn't he?

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin is on the clock. 

Exactly!! I am pretty sure there are all types of incentives to do better in which u can reward your staff. 

11 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

In todays world, every coach is on the clock the moment they sign their contract.

• Like 6

Furthermore  6-7 is not even mediocre that’s a losing record. 8 wins is probably the floor for next year. Again college football is a results based business.  

• Like 3

Of course firing Malzahn to hire Harsin was a big mistake.  If we had fired gus and hired someone like Dennis Allen or Eric Bienemy then we would have one great coach on payroll with one sorry worthless coach on payroll but firing gus and replacing him with Harsin equates to us having 2 sorry coaches on the payroll.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 20

Just now, AUwent said:

Who is this?

I'm not entirely sure. I got the picture from Facebook, and I went to the twitter page (where I did find this tweet, so it's legit) to find a whole mess of retweeted Auburn stuff. Has himself tagged as a JUCO product at Auburn University.

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

I like the quote, but unfortunately it looks like it's just some dude on Twitter with 338 followers. 

That may well be the case, I just thought it looked like a player profile with the reference to JUCO.

But you're right, the quote still resonates, when our previous coach said 6-4 wasn't that bad.

• Like 3

Just now, Rednilla said:

That may well be the case, I just thought it looked like a player profile with the reference to JUCO.

But you're right, the quote still resonates, when our previous coach said 6-4 wasn't that bad.

It definitely does look like that. I was just curious about the player, so I took a look. Don't think it's a current player, at least. 

The quote is 100% accurate. 

• Like 3

Just now, cbo said:

It definitely does look like that. I was just curious about the player, so I took a look. Don't think it's a current player, at least. 

The quote is 100% accurate. 

Yeah, I was actually thinking it looked more like someone who'll be coming in next year, but I didn't take the time to look at the signees to see if JT might fit any of them. I rather doubt it would be a non-committed prospective player, though, because the twitter feed is pretty staunchly Auburn.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Harsin is on the clock. 

This was a direct quote from Gus last year.

20211230_200251.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s an incredible level of irony in how a good bit of Alabama citizens interact with news clippings and how overblown that “quote” from Gus was. 

I also just think it was astonishing that presser coach speak has allowed his successor to have a shield for some. If you have a problem with the complacent mentality that also seemed to exist within the program, that’s fine with me. But throwaway words in an interview? I literally don’t think anyone aside from Saban consistently converts those pressers into valuable material for the players. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

In todays world, every coach is on the clock the moment they sign their contract.

Certainly with a portion of the fan base…..

I wish Malzahn the best and I wish CBH success. All of this discussion about our previous coach and our new coach just causes constant division. I am even willing to bet both coaches have mutual respect and if CBH is wise (like I assume that he is) he has rubbed shoulders with CGM. It is what it is. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, Rednilla said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'EAGLE JT @jt_flo I'll go 6-7 with a coach that hates mediocre, and tries to improve, 100 times before I go 8-4 with a coach that' satisfied with 8-4. That's the difference. @thewarrapport AUBURN'

Well, this could honestly be a lot of posters on this forum :lol: 

Can't be bothered to look back at the old threads, but there was one end of season last year where a ton of people betting Gus got 1 more year, then he made the comment about 2020 being a 'solid' year, immediately tons of posters came back like, 'Yeah, I wanna change my prediction, this dudes gone' :lol: :lol: 

Auburn, like many places will give a dude numerous chances even if the current product is mediocre... If they believe the person in charge is fully committed to excellence and simply falling short at the moment. But once that thought is dispelled it's game over.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DAG said:

All of this discussion about our previous coach and our new coach just causes constant division.

Agree 100%.  It's not helpful in the least.  Much like some others who constantly drag a former QB into every conversation just so they cry about how other people on this board treated him while he was here.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Agree 100%.  It's not helpful in the least.  Much like some others who constantly drag a former QB into every conversation just so they cry about how other people on this board treated him while he was here.  

Agree, must move on in both cases in order to move forward. Get on board with Harsin and whoever he chooses to be starter.

• Like 2